Joss Whedons "Dollhouse"

SS-20090221180935.jpg

That doesn't count online viewers nor P2P download.

But it's in a hard time slot. Flashpoint is in it's 2nd season. It's doing better than Friday Night Lights at least. :)

That doesn't count online viewers nor P2P download.

But it's in a hard time slot. Flashpoint is in it's 2nd season. It's doing better than Friday Night Lights at least. :)

It also doesn't really count actual viewers. But its how shows are rated, so its the only number that matters.

The synopsis of the series interested me, but after watching the first episode, I'm a little disappointed. I was hoping for a serialized show with a deep story arc that has a good amount of time spent on it each episode, but it looks like they’re just going to keep putting echo in a different in a new personality each week(echo is a negotiator, echo is a hunter, echo is a bodyguard, echo is someone's lost love) and just spending time on that and never really spend much time on any of the deeper issues with the whole series (the dolls' sentience, the origins of the dollhouse) sans premieres and finales.

In all, I feel that this is the type of series that gives priority to the story being presented that episode and leaving only 5 to 10 minutes per episode to explore the shows over-arching storyline. I understand that episodic series get better ratings since it's easier for new viewers to get into the show, but I feel that the best stories need more than a hour dedicated to them.

I'll give it another try with episode 2, but I don't have high expectations.

Heh great signature Rappy. Loved that part last night.

Also anyone else find it funny that the guy in the 2nd episode kept trying to slip Eliza the tongue at the start. Can't blame him lol

Heh great signature Rappy. Loved that part last night.

Also anyone else find it funny that the guy in the 2nd episode kept trying to slip Eliza the tongue at the start. Can't blame him lol

Yeah I would try and slip Eliza something...:shifty:

thanks I loved that moment at the oscars!

Then the both of you should move on. I actually like it quite a bit.

If you feel they are "rushing" things and don't like flashbacks then you need to understand how a story is told. Sometimes they aren't from the beginning (Adam met Eve, etc). It starts in the middle of things. Flashbacks are to give you an understanding of what is going on in her head. A fast pace might be to get to a possible peak, such as her possibly breaking out of the place, having a confrontation with Alpha, etc. If they just had the same old Dollhouse part about her getting imprinted then the show would be dull and boring. There's a reason to everything in this storyline. You just don't seem to understand how to follow a story very well.

Well i'm glad you know how to follow a story, however understanding how a story is told has nothing to do about it. What bothers me is that FOX didn't like Whedons original airing order and decided they needed to change it as they still think they know better than Mr. Whedon.

The bow-hunting episode came second, because -- what, are you kidding? Fox was like, "Bow-hunting? 'Most Dangerous Game'? You had me at helloooo!" It had the kind of adventure and excitement that they absolutely wanted to see in the show. That had originally been episode eight. source

The original pilot was discarded, and not used as second episode as someone said a few pages back.

I don't mind fast pacing (loved Alias) or lots of flashbacks (loving Lost), but the storyline in this show is somewhat shattered, and not at all what Whedon had in mind. And to be honest, even though i really like Dushku, i would have rather seen a new face playing the lead role.

And keep your opinions whether i should watch it or not to yourself. I'll be watching this until the day Fox cancels it.

I always thought the intention of a pilot was to entice network executives, not TV viewers. :huh:

I always thought the intention of a pilot was to entice network executives, not TV viewers. :huh:

That it was.

but nowadays shows move so fast from idea to production that they skip that step, and the first aired episode is often called the pilot, since the execs just sign of on the idea an script and never get to see an actual pilot anymore.

That it was.

but nowadays shows move so fast from idea to production that they skip that step, and the first aired episode is often called the pilot, since the execs just sign of on the idea an script and never get to see an actual pilot anymore.

Boo! If it were me, they should include the pilot in a DVD release like they used to do. Anyway, I just read about Dollhouse on Wikipedia and it says that Fox granted the show a 13 episode commitment. I certainly hope it lasts longer than that, but we'll see.

What do Fox Executives really know? They can Firefly, and for a long while it was #1 on the Amazon sales. Don't they know Whedon's reputation and what he has done with the Buffy/Angel universe? Man, I don't know. I thought the second episode was great. These fox executives need to sit down and actually watch some good tv. Not mindless television.

Want to know who is playing Alpha?

ATDN can now reveal that Alan will play the rogue doll Alpha in Joss Whedon's series 'Dollhouse', which premiered on Fox on Friday February 13th.

Source: Alan Tudyk

Then the both of you should move on. I actually like it quite a bit.

If you feel they are "rushing" things and don't like flashbacks then you need to understand how a story is told. Sometimes they aren't from the beginning (Adam met Eve, etc). It starts in the middle of things. Flashbacks are to give you an understanding of what is going on in her head. A fast pace might be to get to a possible peak, such as her possibly breaking out of the place, having a confrontation with Alpha, etc. If they just had the same old Dollhouse part about her getting imprinted then the show would be dull and boring. There's a reason to everything in this storyline. You just don't seem to understand how to follow a story very well.

I think most of it can follow it just fine, the stories just haven't been that great yet. I'm a big fan of Josh, but this is not his best work, apparently mostly due to the meddling of Fox execs.