31 days of the dragon - Discussion

I think they'll like take the most funniest parts from each "top 5"

and then mix it into one file, where everyone randomally comes in different order saying random funny things one after another.

well mine can't be in it then, cuz min has music :( :)

What you mean cause yours has music?

It can still be in it, be it music /no music.

Btw any feedback on my entry warwagon lol i kinda want to know what u thoguht of it

What you mean cause yours has music?

It can still be in it, be it music /no music.

Btw any feedback on my entry warwagon lol i kinda want to know what u thoguht of it

link me

They won't remix it other than putting the top 5 one after another. If they remix it any other way they will un do the original work the posters.

actually a good re-mix enhances the original work (or works as it is). i did my own just for fun and it has a combination of sung and spoken words and music. naturally its heavy on my own material simply because i am most familiar with my own submission.

i did it early in the morning after pulling a midnight shift. my only regret is that i was too tired to try and figure out a way to incorporate more submissions into it. as it stands, i think it has components of 7 or 8 contributions. i may work on it some more and try to include as many other posters as i can.

your submission(s) suggested that you might be skilled with piecing material together into one cohesive track. i encourage you to try your own re-mix and, after the winner is selected, share it with the other participants.

for me, doing so helped me to better appreciate others contributions to the contest. try it, its FUN!

I hope that the people who signed up *just* for the competition are impressed by the solid community here enough to stay. That was the point of neowin's angle on the competition after all... surely? Some forums would have just done it for "active" members but neowin was good enough to let everyone do it :)

Ironic you said that CwSj..........Honestly I did join up all the communities for the contest, but I am glad in a way for the contest. I found some great communities and sites that I would never had stumbled upon thanks to a highly selfish routine. My daily browsing routine is perfectly fixed, i just visit a bunch of sites, read their feeds, and thats it. Thanks to father time, i am always hard pressed to actually go ahead and search for new and interesting content!

In the past few days, its been a kinda topsy turvy relationship with the various sites I have joined. The Notebooks forum, although a good one, was limited in the discussion point of view. And I personally love to have technology based discussions! If you visit my orkut page or the tech communities there, you will see people saying "Reeve bro, please help me with this....!". And its true, i love helping people with their tech queries. Be it to buy something or even small computer related things, these queries give me a challenge I love to conquer! I have taken computer classes in my building for anyone who was interested. Most of the applicants were elderly people, but I have never seen a more enthusiastic bunch of people! Most of them skype me these days even though they stay a block away!!! hehe

I have been browsing the Neowin community, and it truly is a tightly packed community. And even though I may not be the top poster in here, thanks to my college routine, I think it would be safe to say that you'll have one more contributor in me! I'm just a bit scared of Rob!!! :p lol jus kiddin!

Cheers guys and thanks for giving us n00b's a chance to join ur community!

- reevester

Ironic you said that CwSj..........Honestly I did join up all the communities for the contest, but I am glad in a way for the contest. I found some great communities and sites that I would never had stumbled upon thanks to a highly selfish routine. My daily browsing routine is perfectly fixed, i just visit a bunch of sites, read their feeds, and thats it. Thanks to father time, i am always hard pressed to actually go ahead and search for new and interesting content!

In the past few days, its been a kinda topsy turvy relationship with the various sites I have joined. The Notebooks forum, although a good one, was limited in the discussion point of view. And I personally love to have technology based discussions! If you visit my orkut page or the tech communities there, you will see people saying "Reeve bro, please help me with this....!". And its true, i love helping people with their tech queries. Be it to buy something or even small computer related things, these queries give me a challenge I love to conquer! I have taken computer classes in my building for anyone who was interested. Most of the applicants were elderly people, but I have never seen a more enthusiastic bunch of people! Most of them skype me these days even though they stay a block away!!! hehe

I have been browsing the Neowin community, and it truly is a tightly packed community. And even though I may not be the top poster in here, thanks to my college routine, I think it would be safe to say that you'll have one more contributor in me! I'm just a bit scared of Rob!!! :p lol jus kiddin!

Cheers guys and thanks for giving us n00b's a chance to join ur community!

- reevester

I think everyone is afraid of Rob, he has that odd smell after all. ;)

Seriously though, I've been around Neowin for a very long time and can say that the community is amazing, even after being gone for quite some time and returning to a group of new faces I've found a lot of the regulars from 2001/2002 are still here, that just stuns me.

That being said, we're always glad to welcome another to the fold!

The following message was posted by Rob on 05/25 in the contest submission thread. The Dragon brought me here, but the following post, and the attitude it represents, is what will keep me here;

Hey guys

Just wanted to say hi to all the new members here who signed up for this contest and to say you are more than welcome! As far as we're concerned, this contest is positive in every way. Whether a long-time Neowinian wins or not, I hope and feel many of you will stick around and become contributing members to our community. No one loses in this arrangement, so don't feel worried about being new. You're just as welcome to participate as those with thousands of posts.

Welcome to Neowin. Enjoy your stay.

thats about as close to a red carpet roll out as you could want....

PS - Cara, you are a Senior Project manager with Apple......do you mind if I ask what did you do education wise? I mean what did you graduate in etc? I am gonna start my masters soon and was hence curious :)

PS - Cara, you are a Senior Project manager with Apple......do you mind if I ask what did you do education wise? I mean what did you graduate in etc? I am gonna start my masters soon and was hence curious :)

I have a MBA/TM (Master of Business Administration/Technology Management) as my highest level degree and currently working on my DBA (Doctor of Business Administration). Admittedly I'm taking breaks after each class or two because of the amount of work it is but... :)

hm...no news of the winner nor the shortlisted ones yet...

well, even if i dont win, i sure hope to be in one of the shortlisted ones. =D

at least i know that i'm close.

cant wait!

fiddles thumbs round and round

silently awaits in front of the computer

quietly refreshes the page

cant wait

are you allowed to tell us what you managed, or were part of creating?

I try to avoid anything quite like that, there are enough Project Managers around that I don't have to worry about being readily identified (not being on site in Cupertino very often) but if I start spitting out projects I've worked on then if I do decide to leak something I'd be busted faster than a handheld remote at Steve's keynote. ;)

I always wondered why Apple don't make Steve's remote, it always malfunctions.

Or maybe you do, you just put it in an ugly blue box so nobody knows, right? :D

I always wondered why Apple don't make Steve's remote, it always malfunctions.

Or maybe you do, you just put it in an ugly blue box so nobody knows, right? :D

Don't quote me on this but I *THINK* its is a Targus Remote that he uses.