Neowin Digital Gallery

I'm still a n00b in photography but its my new hobby. :p

Here a two pictures. A caterpillar in my backyard and the other one is in Ciales, Puerto Rico.

post-1522-1212967001_thumb.jpg

post-1522-1212967056_thumb.jpg

I'm still a n00b in photography but its my new hobby. :p

Here a two pictures. A caterpillar in my backyard and the other one is in Ciales, Puerto Rico.

Can I be the first to say....

Holy ****, nice photos.

Probably not the right place to post this, but it's a shame that the PicLens plug-in for firefox does not work on neowin. It would be great to be able to use it into view this thread.

Thanks Pandya, I like the calculator shot a lot :D

I love your second shot, +KoL (Y) release it as wallpaper ASAP :p

I have discovered the lovely lighting that bounce flash can give you.

I have just got back from New Zealand to visit some relatives my Mum?s Mum is very I?ll and is probably not going to be with us for much long:(. :(

I got some good shots of all the family and a heap of the scenery that I?ve yet to process anyhow here are a one using my 430EX

My granddad being shown a message from my grandmother she (the grandmother) is to I?ll to speak as she has lost use of her mouth so she writes on a board.

My Mum was showing him a message.

post-63776-1213004426_thumb.jpg

Ok guys, go easy. My first day of proper photography ever.

2566107896_9a74613155_b.jpg

Exposure: 1/125

Aperture: f/5.6

Focal Length: 19 mm

ISO Speed: 400

raere.jpg

I've always wanted to do this type of faded/pastel look on some of my photos, any hints on how to do it?

I've always wanted to do this type of faded/pastel look on some of my photos, any hints on how to do it?

The image was slightly over exposed to begin with. I desaturated quite a bit. Sharpened the picture. Then did the colour balance, i made it so it was a bit more red. Then desaturated a bit more.

I did use several layers in this image however, the grass on the bottom right is its own layer, her body is one layer, her face is another.