What's Wrong With This Logo?

I don't like it either, but I'm still a hater of the name, so that's 2 strikes! The service looks awesome though, even better than I expected.

It's meant to appeal to common computer user. The whole your data in the ?cloud? metaphor.

It's good, but it's not good forApple logo. They could have done better.

of course mobileME is a monthly fee of 9.99 and up. why can't you just buy the service once? or have it free?

EDIT: 1 year is 9.99 so not bad at all. excuse my last statement!

The minute I saw the logo, I was like :o ...

Seriously, Me? ME? Who in the right mind would try to make it resemble Windows Me?

of course mobileME is a monthly fee of 9.99 and up. why can't you just buy the service once? or have it free?

EDIT: 1 year is 9.99 so not bad at all. excuse my last statement!

Your first guess was closer. It's 99/year.

Your first guess was closer. It's 99/year.

man i must need glasses. i can't believe it. that's just another $8 to add onto the iphone monthly charge. sheesh. good thing it isn't required.

I like it.

It's designed like an iPhone/iPod Touch button (i.e a square), the me is supposed to look like hand writing, and it's storing all the information "in the cloud".

It's actually a pretty good icon IMO.

I like it.

It's designed like an iPhone/iPod Touch button (i.e a square), the me is supposed to look like hand writing, and it's storing all the information "in the cloud".

It's actually a pretty good icon IMO.

When you put it that way, it sounds pretty nice :p

Personally, I don't judge things until I see them in use. Think of the translucent menu bar. Many people who liked it originally turned it off when they started using it, and vice versa. It might actually fit in where they use it.

The logo isn't Apple-like, but who cares. It accomplishes its job really well.

- It represents the metaphor of your Email, Contacts, Calendars and Photos being up in a "cloud".

- It looks a hell of a lot better compared to how .Mac showed all your data being on the internet.

- There is a direct connection between the logo and the Web Apps.

- They are able to use the logo to show the user how data moves between devices and MobileMe.

- The Me part of it is made a lot more obvious by a cursive/fun font. This is done to help point users to the right URL, me.com.

- Myriad Apple/Pro is not a "fun" font.

- The logo is fun as it is aimed at consumers.

- Windows ME stood for Windows Millennium Edition. Windows ME is irrelevant.

mobilemecopy1900a.jpg

The MobileMe logo is a lot more clean, it's more obvious and users wont get it confused with the Network icon.

If anyone can come up with a logo that makes it obvious various kinds of data are in the "cloud", easily shows how data moves, is fun and doesn't get confused with the Network icon, I'd like to see it.

The minute I saw the logo, I was like :o ...

Seriously, Me? ME? Who in the right mind would try to make it resemble Windows Me?

I think most people who are literate enough to use computers who realize that Windows ME was an operating system and MobileME is a web-based service. Yes, they look similar, but it's really not something that most people would ever associate together.

Besides, ME had such a short lifespan that I doubt most people even remember it, anyway.

The logo isn't Apple-like, but who cares. It accomplishes its job really well.

- It represents the metaphor of your Email, Contacts, Calendars and Photos being up in a "cloud".

mobilemecopy1900a.jpg

The MobileMe logo is a lot more clean, it's more obvious and users wont get it confused with the Network icon.

If anyone can come up with a logo that makes it obvious various kinds of data are in the "cloud", easily shows how data moves, is fun and doesn't get confused with the Network icon, I'd like to see it.

The logo on the right is great, your photos, contacts, calenadar entries and e-mails are "floating" in the cloud.

It's some great symbolism.

The logo on the right is great, your photos, contacts, calenadar entries and e-mails are "floating" in the cloud.

It's some great symbolism.

The 'Signature' font is the largest thing I have an issue with... It looks like Windows ME and Vista had a kid and that is what came of it. :p

I like the one with the four icons in the cloud, but the one that looks like a button for the iPod Touch just feels like something's missing.

Actually--the "mobile" part is Myriad Pro. :whistle:

I know that. That's why I put that point after:

- The Me part of it is made a lot more obvious by a cursive/fun font. This is done to help point users to the right URL, me.com.

;)

Mobile Me Mail

You@me.com.

With MobileMe Mail, you can create an email address that’s personal and easy to remember. Maybe it’s yourname@me.com or maybe it’s something clever. Whatever you think up, it will be your best email address yet.

shok.gifshout.gif

I like the one with the four icons in the cloud, but the one that looks like a button for the iPod Touch just feels like something's missing.

What button is that though? All the MobileMe services are covered through Mail, Address Book, Calendar, and Safari.

iphone_apps20080609.jpg