What's Wrong With This Logo?

No, I was saying the one that looks like a button for the iPod Touch, i.e. the one in the first post, since it's shaped like them.

What button is that though? All the MobileMe services are covered through Mail, Address Book, Calendar, and Safari.

iphone_apps20080609.jpg

This one:

1b8699dbddeca563d.png

Which I think will be used in System Preferences and elsewhere through OS X.

The logo is certainly better than .Mac, that's for sure. Perhaps one of the reasons it's "un-Apple" is because it's not just for the Mac platform anymore, but for the PC, too.

Frankly, I must say I'm looking forward to this service. If this push technology works as easily and as great as advertised, I can see this being very useful for me. I have two Macs, many PCs and an iPhone. It would be amazing to make one tiny edit on any computer and then have it updated immediately on all the others. Yes, there are other ways of doing this, but if this is automated and quick, then I think my $99/year will finally be well spent.

Perhaps. ;) But could you imagine youname@me.com ? Just doesn't seem right.

"@me.com" doesn't sound any more right or wrong than "@aol.com" or "@mac.com" or "@live.com," etc. If people have an issue with your e-mail domain name, then they have bigger problems they need to worry about.

Perhaps. ;) But could you imagine youname@me.com ? Just doesn't seem right.

Keep in mind existing users will retain the rights to use yourmembername@mac.com as well as craptacular@me.com. ;)

As a .Mac member will I get offered a @me.com address?

Anyway, the logo is horrid, very unapple like, but they've got 20 or so more days to change it so chopchop

As a .Mac member will I get offered a @me.com address?

Anyway, the logo is horrid, very unapple like, but they've got 20 or so more days to change it so chopchop

From the FAQ...

As a current .Mac member, your @mac.com email will continue to work as it always has. But your account will also be given a new email address @me.com. Even if you do nothing, email sent to either address will still arrive in your inbox and you can send email from either address in MobileMe Mail on the web.

how much do you think apple paid the owner of the www.me.com domain?

An undisclosed XXX,XXX sum. ;)

I agree its not a particularly inspiring logo but I guess its meant to appeal to normal users, etc - and nice blue text and fluffy clouds is probably what your average consumer feels comfortable with!

Keep in mind existing users will retain the rights to use yourmembername@mac.com as well as craptacular@me.com. ;)

;) So who's going to be the 1st one to register that as a Mobile Me account?

I would, if I had $100 USD on me.

Actually a prankster should register windows@me.com

Please send me donations now! :laugh:

I'll register steve@me.com. :shifty:

Will there still be a possibility to have a @mac.com address or should I register one quickly now?

I'll register steve@me.com. :shifty:

Will there still be a possibility to have a @mac.com address or should I register one quickly now?

I do not know if new users will get mac.com addys or just Me.com...

As for the 'Windows@me.com'...I thought ahead and have something similar as an alias on my account already. ;)

I Don't see anything wrong with the logo or the name, its better than the dot Mac logo and name as its aimed at both Mac and Windows users this time. I will be looking into getting MobileMe mainly for the web space and as I already have a .me.uk domain the me.com naming doesn't put me off :) I think just a dot me domain will also be coming soon so people can have www.yourname.me

There is nothing wrong with the new logo .. :blink:

Its made for both mac and pc users right? Probably the reason behind that design i spose. But even then I think its quiet nice, just simple and clean, what more do you want :s

Who cares about that anyway, the service is meant to be top notch :p

It looks like ass.

Must have been made by a Windows coder masquerading as an Apple Designer. No offense, but seriously . . .

It's way below Apple's standards.

And "MobileMe"??? Sounds cheap.

It's surprising because Apple is second to none when it comes to branding.

Cara, please do something!

It looks like ass.

Must have been made by a Windows coder masquerading as an Apple Designer. No offense, but seriously . . .

It's way below Apple's standards.

And "MobileMe"??? Sounds cheap.

It's surprising because Apple is second to none when it comes to branding.

Cara, please do something!

I wish I had the authority! ;) Sadly I have no direct influence over any designs or services for the online services devision. :p

I get to suffer with you guys.

MobileMe sounds cheap, and its logo looks cheap, probably because the service is aimed at the average Joe Apple / Windows consumer that doesn't care about Apple branding.

You people are being way too anal about this freaking logo. MobileMe is a service and webapps you use, not just a logo you pay to stare at all day. :rolleyes:

And for the bright folks who think of Windows when seeing that logo, well duh, maybe Apple wants to promote it to Windows users as well, since, if you haven't noticed that with your head up your ass, MobileMe works with Windows/Outlook as well. :rolleyes:

I wish I had the authority! wink.gif Sadly I have no direct influence over any designs or services for the online services devision. tongue.gif

I get to suffer with you guys.

I like the way you're representing your employer.

I like the way you're representing your employer.

I'm proud to say that I've been able to assist and help Apple users in many different threads on Neowin and have no intentions of changing that, if someone has a disagreement with something I say I welcome them to bring it to me privately :) As I've said numerous times, when on Neowin I don't represent Apple in any official capacity, I'm simply here to help where I can because it is what I enjoy doing. :)