What's Wrong With This Logo?

I'm proud to say that I've been able to assist and help Apple users in many different threads on Neowin and have no intentions of changing that, if someone has a disagreement with something I say I welcome them to bring it to me privately :) As I've said numerous times, when on Neowin I don't represent Apple in any official capacity, I'm simply here to help where I can because it is what I enjoy doing. :)

I think most people can say that this is fairly obvious. keep it up. :)

It looks like ass.

Must have been made by a Windows coder masquerading as an Apple Designer. No offense, but seriously . . .

It's way below Apple's standards.

And "MobileMe"??? Sounds cheap.

It's surprising because Apple is second to none when it comes to branding.

Cara, please do something!

Do suggest a name and logo that conveys:

- Your data is in the cloud.

- That your data can be moved from one device up to the cloud and then down to all of your other devices.

- A logo that's consumer oriented.

- A name that easily conveys the URL of the service.

- A logo that doesn't get confused with the Network icon in OS X or Network icon in Windows.

- A name that conveys your data is mobile or everywhere or on all of your devices.

- A name and logo that is "Apple-like".

This goes to any of the MobileMe haters. You come up with something that fulfils all of those points.

iMobile and a generic network/internet/browser icon do not count.

The minute I saw the logo, I was like :o ...

Seriously, Me? ME? Who in the right mind would try to make it resemble Windows Me?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you're talking about Windows ME you say "Em E", but when you're talking about this service, it's said the normal way - "Me." I don't see how it resembles Windows. :s

some people need to take a chill pill. this is a cross-platform service so it doesn't represent apple, the logo represents the service it provides, and it looks good to me. ON NOESZZ! this icon doesn't look like apple! it is just an icon peeps.

Do suggest a name and logo that conveys:

- Your data is in the cloud.

- That your data can be moved from one device up to the cloud and then down to all of your other devices.

- A logo that's consumer oriented.

- A name that easily conveys the URL of the service.

- A logo that doesn't get confused with the Network icon in OS X or Network icon in Windows.

- A name that conveys your data is mobile or everywhere or on all of your devices.

- A name and logo that is "Apple-like".

This goes to any of the MobileMe haters. You come up with something that fulfils all of those points.

iMobile and a generic network/internet/browser icon do not count.

;) I hope to have something tomorrow, a few graphic designers and concept artists as well as a web design team member and I have been throwing together a concept for something in our spare time. ;) No, it'll never make it to light but it might be something neat to show off.

MobileMe...

The name... sounds like something AOL would conjure up. Not a branding 'toff' like Apple.

Alright, I may have been a bit harsh in my outright dismissal of that logo.

On its own, as logos go, it's fine.

It just seems so foreign and un-Apple like. Still, i suppose I can live with it. My enjoyment of Apple products certainly doesn't hinge on it.

You know, iMobile is not bad...

iMobile fits in perfectly with Apple branding (Nice companion to iLife and iWork), but I think they really wanted to push the idea of your data being mobile. Plus, me.com is an awesome domain.

iMobile was an easy one, I wanted to see what people could actually come up with :p

:whistle:

No self-respecting designer would ever comp something so abysmal. The kerning of the font is way out of Apple brand guidelines and I reckon a spell checker on 'simpliest' would be just grand. 5 Apple staff came up with that? I doubt that very very much.

No offense.

No self-respecting designer would ever comp something so abysmal. The kerning of the font is way out of Apple brand guidelines and I reckon a spell checker on 'simpliest' would be just grand. 5 Apple staff came up with that? I doubt that very very much.

No offense.

Actually that was designed in a night by me when I wasn't feeling good. ;) It was about 10 minutes worth of work and dirty photo editing. :)

Actually that was designed in a night by me when I wasn't feeling good. ;) It was about 10 minutes worth of work and dirty photo editing. :)

So which was it? You, or (quotes) "a few graphic designers and concept artists as well as a web design team member and I"

You should always keep your story consistent when lying ;)

So which was it? You, or (quotes) "a few graphic designers and concept artists as well as a web design team member and I"

You should always keep your story consistent when lying ;)

Now this one I will take offense to.

Given that I haven't returned to work until this morning, and I clearly said 'Tomorrow' in my post, I hadn't had an opportunity to share anything of mine with those who are working on the collective design. Your statement was rude and uncalled for and frankly stuns me.

Okay, okay... time out... everyone back to your respective corners.

I didn't start this thread to bash anything other than the design of the logo for the whole "MobileMe" thing.

If people wanna make alternate logos to show what it should look like, go for it, but please let's not fight, okay? We don't need any hatred in here that isn't directed towards actual logos. :p

aaaa.. I knew it. Just couldn't remember where did I saw this already

lmao It's scary how similar they are, isn't it? :laugh: