Are You Afraid To Die?

407 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Afraid To Die?

• Yes
    • No

I'm afraid of dying violently. Other than that, I think as you grow up you gotta face reality. And you see it all around you... My father died <2 months ago. The last of my grandparents died in 1994 (I'm only 35...). Anyway, it's not a yes/no question for me. It's the wrong question. :)

I'm not afraid to die because of my faith (Christian), in fact it's quite a comforting though, but I certainly wouldn't like it to be a violent death nonetheless.

jafoman, sorry to hear you lost your father recently. I'm sure that's quite tough.

I'm not afraid to die because of my faith (Christian), in fact it's quite a comforting though, but I certainly wouldn't like it to be a violent death nonetheless.

jafoman, sorry to hear you lost your father recently. I'm sure that's quite tough.

same here.

life seems pretty pointless.

I'd always be working and doing my thing, when suddenly I'd get lil' panics over the surreality of life and death. I'd see existence as such a phenomenal experience.

I am not that old, but i have had those years where death actually seems pretty good, but i wouldnt go out and kill myself, but just didnt fear it if it came. But right now i have a really nice relationship, and things are going very well for me in other things. So i think i fear not having this wonderful gf and not seeing how things will go.

So i would say i fear it when i have something to live for and dont fear it when things are just going horrible.

the wayi will die does scare me.

No.

1) I thought I had died once, car crash with weird after-situations convinced me I was dead. Like I 100% believed and more importantly accepted it. I was somewhat ****ed off when I realised I wasn't.

2) Thought I was going to die a few years ago. Only thought was "Didn't see this coming".

I'm not afraid of death, I'm not sure yet whether I'm afraid of the process of dying, and I am "afraid" (although this might not be the best word to describe it) of an untimely death - i.e. not having experienced life to a satisfactory extent - since this is the only chance I get, a very unlikely chance at that.

Im not afraid OF death, im a bit anxious as to what happens as i am dying, but it makes me unhappy at what and who i leave behind.

I am not scared of dying, because when I do, I'll get to meet the many other Christians that have died and gone to heaven. I'll get to meet some amazing heroes, but it would also be sad as I wouldn't get to see my family for a long time (considering I'm only 15).

"You shouldn't be scared. It's exactly the same as going to sleep. Once you go to sleep, you don't really think about who you leave behind."

What I don't understand is not to exist after we die. If you really think about it it just makes no sense.

There should be some kind of interaction with the existence after we die.

Logically, we will exist in some kind of form, somewhere in this "infinite universe" once again. (...oh yes, **** Einstein) :argue:

The only difference would be a new identity. :alien: Not like YOU, YOU, but a clean form. :hmmm:

Absolutely not. If I died today that would be fine and dandy by me.

The downside of my attitude is that it means I take huge risks and have very little regard for things that others might find quite precious.

i am not afraid of dying/death as it is inevitable some day we will die today/tommrow/months/year/ hundred year from now it hold no differnce for me

but i hope mercy/blessing of Allah (SWT) first :innocent:

and my parents happiness about me 2nd :)

PS :

i am Muslim

Edited by Skynetfuture

I'm not having a go at religion here but I find it interesting that the Christians are sure they're going to heaven.

Lets assume all this religion stuff is right and you've picked the right one. How are you so sure you are going to heaven? I'm sure there are loads of rules about things you should and shouldn't do. How do you know you're on the right side of the line? What happens if St Peter says no way?

Personally I'm not bothered about dying. As long as it's not slow, painful and a burden for those I love.

I'm not afraid of death, however I'm afraid of how it would affect my family and friends. I can't stand the thought of them feeling sorrow or pain because of me :/

i am not afraid of dying. only thing ..i cant play latest (future games) i cant use future intel 500 core processor or whatever.... :D soooooo sad :p

Haha, 2nd that

Don't forget: I'm not gonna be riding flying cars :(