Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

Shame United couldn't do the business. Fergie did have everyone believing he did a master stroke in his team selection with Park even scoring, but he should have really taken off Berbatov. He was USELESS!

Tevez would have defended, ran and piled pressure on Chelsea and maybe it would have prevented that Chelsea goal when they were failing to break through.

United will comeback though :)

Man City 6-0 Pompey... :|

I saw the game.. City were prolific.. absolotely desimated Pompey.. also David James had a pretty poor game... actually some of the 'saves' he made were quite interesting and City could easily have popped in 2-3 more..

Pompey just had a bad day. Everynow and then some teams just have to leak goals. For example last season Reading let in 7 of our goals at Fratton Park. It was just our turn this season :(

I didn't listen to the match or watch the highlights. I just can't bring myself to watch it. I bet we had a higher billing than normal on match of the day 2.

Pompey lost because they thought the 3-5-2 system that beat Everton would also work at Citeh. By the time they reverted back to 4-4-2 it was too late. Bad day at the office, I hope 'Arry learns from it, we could of used Kanu yesterday too as he is miles better at holding up the ball than Crouch.

Newcastle have named former Wimbledon and Luton manager Joe Kinnear as their interim boss until the end of October in a shock new twist at St James' Park.

The Magpies have been without a manager since Kevin Keegan quit on 4 September, slumping to three straight defeats.

But Kinnear, 61, believes Keegan, and possibly Alan Shearer, could take over once the club is sold to new owners.

The Irishman, who has been out of football management since 2004, said: "I am very excited by this challenge."

And he told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I am aware that the new owners have Kevin Keegan and possibly Alan Shearer parked around the corner.

"I understand investors are about to buy the club, (current owner) Mike Ashley told me openly. I will be here for six to eight games."

Ashley has put the club up for sale after becoming tired of the abuse he has received from fans following Keegan's resignation at the beginning of the month and the team's poor start to the season.

A Nigerian consortium claims it is preparing a ?350m takeover fund, with London-based businessman Chris Nathaniel saying: "We're at the stage where we are doing the security checks on the individuals who have the money."

And Kinnear is fully aware - and comfortable with - the fact the role is temporary.

"I've never run from a fight in football and this is just about getting the team through," he told 5 Live.

"I believe the club will be sold soon and at the moment (coach) Chris Hughton needs all the help he can get. I hope now that I can help to get a few results together.

"Those are the cards that I have and I'll do the best that I can."

PHIL MCNULTY BLOG

It is a short-term gamble of major proportions by Ashley and Wise

He admits his appointment may not sit well with the club's supporters.

"The fans will be disappointed, I understand that, but I can't do anything about. I will just be doing my very best because I am desperate to get back into the game.

"I will be going up to Newcastle on Monday and will pick the team from then. I'll speak to Chris about it."

The appointment follows news that Terry Venables turned down the role over concerns about job security.

Former England manager Glenn Hoddle and ex-Leeds and Aston Villa boss David O'Leary were also heavily linked with the temporary role, but Ashley opted for Kinnear.

Kinnear resigned from Nottingham Forest in December 2004 after a poor start to the campaign, despite having kept the club up in the previous season.

But he is best remembered for his spell in charge of Wimbledon in the 1990s, leading them to sixth in the league in 1994.

When I was in charge of Wimbledon I always remember the passion of the fans and how great St James' Park is

Joe Kinnear on Newcastle

And despite his mixed success at Luton and then Forest, Kinnear is hopeful he can lead a turnaround in Newcastle's fortunes, with United currently second from bottom in the Premier League.

"Newcastle United is a great club," he said. "When I was in charge of Wimbledon I always remember the passion of the fans up there and how great a stadium St James' Park is.

"It is a big challenge but one I am really looking forward to.

"The team are riddled with injuries with nine players out, which makes the job even harder, but myself and Chris will be working all hours to turn it around."

And Hughton, who has served as caretaker since Keegan's departure, welcomed the appointment, saying: "The most important thing is that there is a direction at the club.

"The club felt they needed somebody to come in and give them, certainly for the period of time he will be in, that stability until something major happens, whenever that will be.

"I know Joe well. He is an experienced manager, somebody who has good experience in the Premier League and I am sure he will know most of these players and be aware of their strengths and weaknesses."

Bloody hell! The Cockney Mafia is well in force now, one of Wise's old mates!

I wonder if Newcastle tried Alain Perrin? He's not got a job and keeps having good seasons in the french leagues. I hope he laughed in their faces if he was asked.

They probably asked Alan Partridge they were that desperate.

Edited by FaRSightxc2

17 managers rejected the job offer.

and no one would be surprised to hear this.. that is just what the situation at St. James is like at the moment..

On another note... check this out Arsenal and Bergkamp fans :p

http://www.arsenal.com/top-ten-dennis-berg...oals-free-video

I love Dennis Bergkamp.. he's one of the reasons I started watching Arsenal and became a fan.. He is for me the best striker out of Europe ever.. loved his drag backs and chips :D

Well the penalty at OT today proved the point abt Utd getting lucky penalties again!! Unbelivable!!

Arsenal went whoopsie today, we can't have Liverpool pulling away :p

Arsenal went whoopsie today, we can't have Liverpool pulling away :p

Geovanni goal was a belter.. debatable whether Arsenal should've closed him off faster or not.. i'm sure everyone else will be trying to make sure that he doesnt get much room from now on. The goal that lost the game was typical Arsenal set play.. they need to work on that A LOT.. they also missed a lot of easy chances.. I think Wenger should ask Theo to pass more when he is on the wing and a striker is open.. also Cesc looks out of form..

Well played Hull though!!! They are showing what premiership means to them when some teams are taking their places in top league to be granted..

Still a long way to go.. Nasri, Rosicky,Eduardo to come.. In Arsene we trust!! ;)

Edited by Kralik

yeah you can, its going to happen.

torres_1232450.jpg

i love that picture...

I love that fat ****** in the background giving Torres two fingers! What a tool!

I knew Fernando would score, someone in the crowd shouted something to him as he was walking down the touchline and I think that inspired him. It certainly should up the bluenoses anyway.