Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

Despite yesterday's win, and West Ham's best start to the Premier League for 9 years...

SLAVEN BILIC is ready to quit Croatia and take over at West Ham.

Upton Park boss Alan Curbishley earned himself a temporary stay of execution as his side thumped Blackburn 4-1 on Saturday.

But despite making it two wins from their first three games ? their best Premier League start for nine years ? time is running out for Curbishley.

West Ham are convinced that Bilic, 39, would be prepared to leave Croatia after their World Cup 2012 qualifying clash with England in 10 days.

West Ham?s win over Blackburn lifted the intense pressure Curbishley has been under.

Curbishley and the club have clashed in recent weeks over transfer policy, especially the ?8million sale of Anton Ferdinand to Sunderland.

Sport Of The World understands there is also growing concern among board members about Curbishley?s tactics, man-management and lack of knowledge in the overseas transfer market.

The board?s view is compounded by the growing discontent amongst Hammers fans who have failed to take to Curbishley.

Bilic is the No 1 candidate to replace him.

Although he played for the Hammers for just over a year in the mid-nineties, his passionate style earned him cult status and his charismatic leadership of Croatia has brought him to the attention of several clubs.

Bilic, who plotted England?s downfall in the Euro 2008 qualifiers and has a get- out clause in his contract, will find it hard to resist the lure of a Premier League job. He currently earns just over ?100,000 a year but could command between ?1.5m- ?2m.

Meanwhile, Curbs is still chasing ?5m- rated midfielder Stephen Appiah from Fenerbahce and trying to tie up a loan deal with Sweden striker Henrik Larsson.

However the BBC say...

Everton have made a ?500,000 bid to bring former Celtic and Manchester United striker Henrik Larsson, 36, to Goodison Park. (Sunday Mirror)

But West Ham have emerged as favourites to sign the Swedish striker for ?1m. (News of the World).

This is off topic but AC Milan is playing some great football right now O_O. Why couldn't Shevchenko actually do good in the epl... hes got great chemistry with ronaldiho.

To bad Milan lost. Although Ronaldinho looked good.

Entertaining draw between Villa and Liverpool.

Are you having a bloody laugh? The match was terrible.

Are you having a bloody laugh? The match was terrible.

:laugh:

I thought it was watchable, I love football so I don't find any game completely boring.

any news on torres?

He is having a scan tomorrow. It is most likely a hamstring strain, and hopefully he will be back for our next game against Man Utd although he will miss the Spain internationals.

I doubt he pulled his hamstring anyway, otherwise he would not have walked off.

He is having a scan tomorrow. It is most likely a hamstring strain, and hopefully he will be back for our next game against Man Utd although he will miss the Spain internationals.

I doubt he pulled his hamstring anyway, otherwise he would not have walked off.

it's true, awful game btw. We need torress for Man Utd.

Liverpool striker Fernando Torres is expected to be out for two to three weeks with a hamstring tear.

Torres, 24, limped off against Aston Villa on Sunday and has withdrawn from Spain's squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Bosnia and Armenia.

He is a major doubt for Liverpool's Premier League home match against Manchester United on 13 September.

Well, Keegan beat Curbishley to it. Just when things were starting to look up for Newcastle. I think this is a terrible move by Ashley and crew!

Keegan and Newcastle part company

Manager Kevin Keegan has left Newcastle United after only eight months in charge, BBC Radio 5 Live understands.

The 57-year-old held talks with the club's board on Tuesday morning amid reports he was unhappy with a lack of control over transfer activity.

Newcastle's only business on transfer deadline day was a ?5.7m swoop for Spanish striker Xisco and the loan signing of midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez.

The ex-England boss rejoined the club in January for a second spell as boss.

Newcastle are 11th in the Premier League having picked up just four points from their opening three games.

More soon.

Source - BBC

i still don't get why anyone would manage newcastle, they can't defend at all, the fans want them winning which isn't going to happen. wonder who will decide to go there as manager (and then presumeably be sacked before christmas)? :p

So Keegan gets the first boot of the season... a lot more to come IMO.. lets wait and see who's next.. I can't understand why? Isnt it too early in the season?

Edited by Kralik

Keegan was finished years ago. I am still confused to why Newcastle appointed him as manager for a second time.

i thought it was his third time

So Keegan gets the first boot of the season... a lot more to come IMO.. lets wait and see who's next.. I can't understand why? Isnt it too early in the season?

it is never too early in the season or someone's managerial contract to leave newcastle

those new Man City owners are nuts... i wish they would have bought liverpool. They have money to burn...

They are also spoiling football. Each club has one or two 'super' players..Torres/Gerrard..Adebayor/Fabregas...and these people are trying to buy them all so once a club gets a new hero these idiots come along and snatch them and kill the morale of everything.

It's like...I wouldn't go to see a team if I knew all the 'under developed' players are on..I want all want to see the big names!

For Arsenal this season the task is simple.. win the EPL or UCL.. if not then we can see BIG players leave and we do not have billions of pounds to replace them.. this would mean Arsenal out of top 4 next season and some1 else in..

For Arsenal this season the task is simple.. win the EPL or UCL.. if not then we can see BIG players leave and we do not have billions of pounds to replace them.. this would mean Arsenal out of top 4 next season and some1 else in..

man city will take your place... man city is going to take everyones place soon enough.

I heard they offered a BLANK check for ruud and it got rejected. BLANK!!!! I also hear they are going to offer a 100 million plus next season for ronaldo... EPL is ****ed.