Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

Think the league is in the bag now for Man Utd ;)

However I'm worried about the Champions League, not so sure.

Yeah looks like they'll win PL, hope someone else takes the CL though :p

Agree.. EPL is more or less won by Man U.. UCL is still wide open.. more details on UCL thread ;)

So..

Ars?ne Wenger hopes both will be involved at Emirates Stadium this weekend but the Arsenal manager will be without Kolo Toure, who limped out of the Hawthorns with a calf problem on Tuesday night. William Gallas could step in after shrugging off an ankle problem but Emmanuel Adebayor (hamstring) is still sidelined.

“I will see how they[Walcott and Eduardo]> look tomorrow and Saturday but they will certainly be in the squad, especially Theo,” Wenger told Arsenal TV Online. “We have to wait and see how Eduardo reacts and responds to his injury.

“We are quite optimistic about Kolo but we have to assess the situation today completely. I don't think I will involve him on Sunday. But Gallas should be back for Sunday and it looks to be like Kolo will be back for next week [against Roma].

“Adebayor is definitely out for Sunday and for Roma too.”

Wenger will rotate his squad for the FA Cup with Lukasz Fabianski replacing Manuel Almunia in goal. Next week’s Champions League tie at Roma looms large but the Frenchman is putting Europe to the back of his mind for now.

“Sunday is a big game for us and rotation will be there for some players who have played full games,” said Wenger. “Fabianski will continue in goal and we will try to have a good balance, a good quality.

“The most important thing for us is not to think about Roma, but to focus on this game and qualify. The best way to deal with the next game is to win this one.”

First Toure in and Gallas out.. now Gallas in and Toure out? through injury says AW.. really? ://

Anyways.. a bit of a good news in Walcott and Eduardo returning:DD

Injuries were killing us!!!!

Hope Ade, Rosicky and Fab return in a week or two so we return to our full strength.. Arshavin can't play in UCL so we will need these players fit for the quarter finals:pp

My team for rest of the matches will be (EPL).. Back to front.. left to right

Almunia

Sagna Toure Gallas Clichy

Ramsey (Rosicky takes over after fit) Nasri (Fab takes over after fit) Denilson (Nasri moves over after Fab returns) Walcott

Arshavin (AMf)

RvP Eduardo

Edited by Kralik

Think the league is in the bag now for Man Utd ;)

However I'm worried about the Champions League, not so sure.

Agreed.

Even if we beat you at Old Trafford, it will not change a thing. Still, I will support my team until the end, COME ON YOU REDMEN!!

heading off to the fulham v man united fa cup match soon, i've never been to a fa cup game before so it'll be a first. :)

Inter coach Jose Mourinho has refused to rule out the possibility of taking over at Manchester United once Sir Alex Ferguson calls it quits. According to the Portuguese gaffer, "special clubs need special managers", and he reckons he is up to the task of succeeding one of the all-time greats...
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has responded to the speculation over Inter coach Jose Mourinho being the man in line to replace him at Old Trafford. Fergie re-iterated that retirement wasn't on his mind and joked that he may have to be carried out of the club if he was ever to leave...
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said the thought of retiring scares him and he no longer entertains the thought in his mind. Fergie is in a strong position to lead United to his eleventh Premier League title this season and is not keen on stopping any time soon…

Have fun (Y)

Come on Fulham... ;)

well, aside from losing 0-4 it was fun. the atmosphere was really good, the only time i've heard louder has been at the chelsea derby. we played fairly well for the first 20mins but after the first goal we pretty much fell apart, gave utd too much space and passed poorly when we did have the ball. Maybe next year...

Vela's goal was top class (Y) this kid reminds me more and more of Bergkamp.. :)

but its Eduardo now!!!! just scored!!

wow!!!! what a finish.. :D Eduardo! you beauty! 2-0 now :p

3-0 :D a great game for us.. the first 2 goals were exquisite.. and third was important coz Eboue needed this. But the best thing was the clean sheet.. so watch out Roma :p what we need now is a couple of more games like this to make this a perfect week.. Arshavin is showing great vision but lacks physical sharpness.. once he gets back to his best we will be really strong coz already they injured players are returning.. future looks better than the past.. it seems like atleast one trophy will finally come to us this season :D

One thing that almost guarantees being liked by Manchester United fans is avowing a hatred of Liverpool FC, and Wayne Rooney, who grew up in the city of Liverpool as an Everton supporter, has once again defiantly declared that he cannot stand the men from the red half of Merseyside.

And nothing would give Rooney greater pleasure than doing just that, he asserted today in English tabloid The Sun.

"I'm very excited about the match," he said.

"I grew up an Everton fan, my whole family are Everton fans and I grew up hating Liverpool ? and that hasn't changed. I think coming to Old Trafford will be a difficult game for them. They know they need to win, they need the three points. I'm sure they will be up for it and we certainly will be too.

"It will certainly end Liverpool's chances if we win and that's why we're looking forward to it."

The source is "The Sun" so I can imagine how reliable this is.. but still what do you guys think;);)

He is a horrible man Rooney.

How could he sign for Man Utd being a Scouser? The answer is simple: the money, but that just shocks he lacks integrity as a person.

I wonder how he feels when the Man Utd fans are constantly singing about Scousers and then break into a chorus of "Rooney, Rooney, Rooney".

He is a horrible man Rooney.

How could he sign for Man Utd being a Scouser? The answer is simple: the money, but that just shocks he lacks integrity as a person.

I wonder how he feels when the Man Utd fans are constantly singing about Scousers and then break into a chorus of "Rooney, Rooney, Rooney".

Or he likes silverware, and that's guaranteed at man utd. What was ur last piece, fa cup 2005? Shame to think 4 years has passed since you have put any on the table :).... It looks like it isn't happening this year either in terms of the PL and obviously the FA Cup :whistle:.

Edited by gregb0b

Or he likes silverware, and that's guaranteed at man utd. What was ur last piece, fa cup 2005? Shame to think 4 years has passed since you have put any on the table :).... It looks like it isn't happening this year either in terms of the PL and obviously the FA Cup :whistle:.

its good to see that you agree with sellouts...

i think i would take integrity over rewards anyday

Nice (incorrect) football history.

Charity Shield 2006. So two and a half years. We beat Chelsea in the final, remember?

Yah, and you wouldn't sell out for what could be a 70million dollar net worth at the age of 23?

right.... :omg:.

You miss the whole point, which leads me to believe you probably don't live in the UK and can't really capture the whole essense of football (thats not a dig btw). Perhaps its something you might not even be able to appreciate if you live in the South rather than the North.

The rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester, as cities alone, is massive. You should remember that seeing as you tried to shove a Wikipedia page in my face about that topic not long ago.

Edited by Martyn

The rivalry between Liverpool and Manchester, as cities alone, is massive. You should remember that seeing as you tried to shove a Wikipedia page in my face about that topic not long ago.

If that was the case, why does nobody care when Man City play Liverpool/Everton? As for Rooney I would put career progression ahead of personal feelings, if you didn't you won't get far.

Nice memory ;) that slipped my mind. I've already told you that it's hard to support a team when you're 4 thousand miles away the last time you tried to dog me down about where I live. I still do though, pay my yearly fees, get membership benefits and season tickets. I am not fortunate to go so they are sold off to scalpers/friends :-P. Nothing like supporting a team where you only get ~5 games on the TV a year, and not in HD which boggles my mind.

It wasn't me who showed you the wikipedia page. It was NotHuman, the french guy. Nice reading though. You're pretty dense my friend.... and for 19 it's very hilarious. **** goes over your head so far that any talk related to your team is an instant insult, which is incorrect.

What ever happened to having a productive discussion?

I don't know or care that much where you live to be honest lad, but it is apparent from your general demanour that you are the classic franchise fan whom if you ever went to Stamford Bridge would sit there wearing a jester hat, holding an SLR camera in one hand and one of those generic plastic Chelsea flags in the other.

I always try and have a productive discussion on these boards. Quite the opposite to you who only spouts stuff like "Liverfail", ignores clear arguments and whom resorts to personal insults.

Productive discussion attempt #1: what made you support Chelsea Football Club?

If that was the case, why does nobody care when Man City play Liverpool/Everton?

Interesting point, and I can see a few reasons for it.

Firstly, Manchester City have never been as successful as Manchester United in the past. Although Man City have been in the Premiership for a few years now, I think ten years ago they were in Division 3, the now equilvalent of League 1. They rose quite quickly into the Prem from 'League 1' under the Keegan era, Shaun Goater and Paulo Wanchope are the names that spring to mind during that era. Man City now, with their new owners and seemingly bottomless pit of money, look like they are only going to get stronger over the next few years, so it will be interesting to see how the rivalry between Liverpool/Everton and Man City develops in the coming years.

Secondly, Liverpool/Man City/Everton are united in their hate for Man Utd and form somewhat of an alliance against them in terms of creating songs and just mutually hating them, which goes someway to bonding our clubs together and works a bit like 'our enemy's enemy is our friend'. I went to the last Liverpool v Man City game at Anfield and after the game all the City supporters were all a sound bunch and they got some songs going about Man Utd and in which a lot of our fans sung along to.

People care when we play Man City, but it just doesn't have that kick when the two most successful teams in English football play each other does it?

Anyway, I'm hoping for another performance like we did against Real Madrid on Tuesday rather than the Middlesborough performance from the other week. Pooing bricks.

lol I love coming to see debates between Gregbob and the rest of Liverpool fans its fun to see you lose. Martyn keep up the good owning and lets see Liverpool play ball this weekend should be a great game, I have confidence in our team LIVERPOOL FOREVER!!!

Well when you start disrespecting our club of course I'm going to show support. I have nothing against Chelsea fans but once you start blabbing on about liverfail??? Come on now we have a great club I think we have been quite successful and we will show the world that we still have it, we might not win the EPL this season but I know for a fact we have a great run in Champions League