Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

For all you football fans out there:

http://www.footytube.com

I believe it's going to be the next big thing online when it comes to soccer once it comes out of beta. It has fantastic highlights for every game. They usually rip MOTD highlights and post it to numerous video sites.

For all you football fans out there:

http://www.footytube.com

I believe it's going to be the next big thing online when it comes to soccer once it comes out of beta. It has fantastic highlights for every game. They usually rip MOTD highlights and post it to numerous video sites.

Been using it for almost 2 years :p

I know this is the wrong forum to post this in but im sure people will understand. I just got my Xbox Elite setup with Live and was wondering if anyone play a lot of fifa? my xbox live account is: SabaTime maybe if there is an organised club with neowin or something up that im not aware of please let me know and lets have a kick. I'm in Atlantic time GMT -04:00

I know this is the wrong forum to post this in but im sure people will understand. I just got my Xbox Elite setup with Live and was wondering if anyone play a lot of fifa? my xbox live account is: SabaTime maybe if there is an organised club with neowin or something up that im not aware of please let me know and lets have a kick. I'm in Atlantic time GMT -04:00

Theres 2 links for neowin clubs in the gamer's hanngout. on the first page

Im glad to see Newcastle isnt in that poll for whos going to be relegated :)

Although.. Id be lying if I wasnt worried about it!

Im glad to see Newcastle isnt in that poll for whos going to be relegated :)

Although.. Id be lying if I wasnt worried about it!

Ha ha, well you can tell the poll creater is an Arsenal fan seeing as he chose Fabregas over Anelka to be in the top scorers list ;)

xD

Newcastle are a self-proclaimed big club. Amusing and slightly strange they have fallen from grace after they where challenging for titles in the late 90's.

As for top scorer, I am tempted to place a bet on Stevie G, he's only 2 goals behind anelka now and arguably in far better form at the moment. As a liverpool fan, also amusing to see United feel the pressure. Having said that, even if we don't take the title the 4-1 win at old trafford will keep me smiling till the end of the season

Ha ha, well you can tell the poll creater is an Arsenal fan seeing as he chose Fabregas over Anelka to be in the top scorers list ;)

Ahh makes sense. How long ago was the poll created. I mean, we would have to be put into it if it was half recent.

snippp snip

Most of the fans know were not a big club anymore, but for some reason, players and especially the media seem to think we still believe it. I would say we used to be a 'self proclaimed big club', but not anymore. Reality has definately set in with the majority of fans.

Stevie G on the other hand, is obviously guna bag another few goals from now till the end of the season. I bet youd get decent odds for him to land top scorer, bookies dont usually think about midfielders in the mix.

Ahh makes sense. How long ago was the poll created. I mean, we would have to be put into it if it was half recent.

Most of the fans know were not a big club anymore, but for some reason, players and especially the media seem to think we still believe it. I would say we used to be a 'self proclaimed big club', but not anymore. Reality has definately set in with the majority of fans.

Probably doesn't help that you haven't really been able to keep up with the spending of the bigger clubs. Sadly money does a lot of the talking in football nowadays.

Wow scratch that about the Stevie G bet.

Bet365 have him as 3rd Fav. 5/2s

I still feel hes got a chance as good as any. He is already level with Ronaldo, and he is on just as good scoring form than him, and I feel Anelka's gonna tail off. I'd still place the bet, everything Stevie touches is turning to gold at the moment.

Probably doesn't help that you haven't really been able to keep up with the spending of the bigger clubs. Sadly money does a lot of the talking in football nowadays.

Yeah unfortunatly. I think we did keep up, with Freddie Shepard at the helm we spent just as big as most clubs... but look at who we bought:

Owen - 16 mill? - injured most of the time, but when hes fit hes worth it

Luque - 9.5mill - He played a handful of games, I liked him, but the managers hated him. Went to Ajax for free :o

Duff - 5mill - Awful. I dont rate him at all, hes totally lost it.

Boumsong - 8mill! - Shocking!

Martins - 10mill - Inconsistant

I could probably go on! Thats the worst part!

Its not about the spending, its about who you buy. Liverpool is case in point. Torres, Kuyt and Macherano! Quality buys all round.

Yep you certainly got a point there as well. Suppose it doesn't help that its a bit harder to attract the big names to the smaller clubs than it used to be. It would be a shame in a way to see Newcastle get relegated from the prem, just look at how badly leeds fell from grace when it happened to them.

Yeah. Thats the problem. Alot of the teams around us are guna be ok (more or less), if they get relegated. Alot of their squads will stay pretty much the same. But ours? Hell no. Most of our players will be away. I cant see Owen and Martins in the championship.