Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

:laugh:

Another fantastic result for Liverpool. Only a fool would expect to go into every game and get a hatful of goals, but the most important thing is that it is another 3 points in the bag, and another chance to pile the pressure on United. Craven Cottage is a difficult place to get a result and I am thrilled that we did the biz today as I feared it was going to be another game that was going to peter out into a 0-0 draw.

This is going to be the closest Liverpool will have ran to a title for ages, and with the 20th anniversary of Hillsborough coming up, I couldn't think of a more perfect way to honour the victims than a Prem and Champions League double

Meh, Pompey drew with Hull. I'm dissapointed, we should have got 3 points, they would be very handy.

I still wish that Hart and Kidd aren't going to become full time staff. Infact I thing future wise if Pompey want a different manager next season, will Hart be happy to go back to his coaching role?

Manchester United have totally gone here.

I really can not see past Liverpool for the title now but there's still a lot of football left.

Edit: Like I said, a lot of football. Good finish for us neutrals.

Edited by shaywood

Massive, massive victory for the Mancs that.

We needed Villa to get 'something', and the fact that they didn't was unfortunate. What makes it worse though, is that the impotence and confidence will be back in the Mancs game due to the manner of the victory.

As for the game itself, Villa can feel very hard done by, but MON made a bad mistake when he decided to sit back and defend after they went 2-1 up.

What makes it worse though, is that the impotence and confidence will be back in the Mancs game due to the manner of the victory.

It's good to know we have our erectile dysfunction back (Y)

Massive, massive victory for the Mancs that.

We needed Villa to get 'something', and the fact that they didn't was unfortunate. What makes it worse though, is that the impotence and confidence will be back in the Mancs game due to the manner of the victory.

As for the game itself, Villa can feel very hard done by, but MON made a bad mistake when he decided to sit back and defend after they went 2-1 up.

United won, but they aren't exactly out of the woods yet, they still need to pick up their form, but even if they do take the title, as liverpool fans, if nothing else we can take pleasure from the fact we have given them a really tough fight this season, which is an improvement and our team is in strong shape.

Thank You for that link Martyn I knew about the tragedy but after reading that article I felt sick to my stomach. God damn liars, why in the world would someone write garbage like that? Very disgusted. Another question tho is ESPN linked up with the SUN?

Any idea if this will ever be available either in stores, or any other digital distribution platform that is not iTunes? I'd like to buy a copy but I kind of object to paying ?5 shipping for a ?2 CD

Any idea if this will ever be available either in stores, or any other digital distribution platform that is not iTunes? I'd like to buy a copy but I kind of object to paying ?5 shipping for a ?2 CD

It is on the HMV website as a CD, ?2 and free delivery. It is sold out on HMV at the moment though (our fans have actually crashed their site as there has been so much demand on it). They'll get it back in stock eventually though.

I bought it on iTunes, and I'm going to be getting it from HMV as well.

Don't buy it from the Liverpool website if you can avoid it mate, as only sales from iTunes and HMV count towards getting the single to number one

Just a shout out to other non-Liverpool supporting fans on here, this single was released to raise money for the Hillsborough Family Support Group and act as a musical tribute on the 20th anniversary of the disaster, you can still do your bit.

It is on the HMV website as a CD, ?2 and free delivery. It is sold out on HMV at the moment though (our fans have actually crashed their site as there has been so much demand on it). They'll get it back in stock eventually though.

I bought it on iTunes, and I'm going to be getting it from HMV as well.

Don't buy it from the Liverpool website if you can avoid it mate, as only sales from iTunes and HMV count towards getting the single to number one

Just a shout out to other non-Liverpool supporting fans on here, this single was released to raise money for the Hillsborough Family Support Group and act as a musical tribute on the 20th anniversary of the disaster, you can still do your bit.

Can you give me the link to the HMV Version? I'll definately buy it myself, and pass the link around Facebook, and other family members, but whether I can get anyone else to buy it or not, I still want a copy as this is something I feel pretty strongly about

Edit: Found it, but not back in stock for 21 days... Crap. Is the copy available on iTunes DRM free? if so I could always install it in a VM and buy the single

Manchester United have retained their position as the world's richest football club ahead of Real Madrid and join nine other Premier League teams in the top 25.

The Red Devils' are considered to be worth ?1.42 billion by Forbes, well ahead of los Merengues, who are reported to be worth a figure of ?1.03b.

Arsenal are, somewhat surprisingly, in third position, while Barcelona are in seventh place, despite their overall wealth increasing by 22 per cent from last year's summary.

Madrid and the Blaugrana are the only two Spanish representatives on the list. There are also four Italian sides, five teams from the Bundesliga, two French sides and the Old Firm representing Scotland.

The show of strength from the Premier League is highlighted by Tottenham Hotspur's position of 11th, which places them above Inter, Roma and Olympique Lyonnais.

Spurs have only won two League Cups in the last ten seasons and never qualified for the Champions League.

Chelsea's value only sees them make it into eighth place while Manchester City are back in 17th with a value of just ?236 million, less than both Hamburg and Borussia Dortmund.

Top 25 clubs: (?, 000,000&1 Manchester United 1,423,423

2 Real Madri3 Arsenal 913 913

4 Bayern Mun5 Liverpool 768 768

6 Milan 753

7 Barcel8 Chelsea 609 609

9 Juventus 457

10 Schalke11 Tottenham Hotspur 339 339

12 Olympique Lyonnais 322

13 Roma 290

14 Inter Milan 281

15 Hamburg 251

16 Borussia Dortm17 Manchester City 236 236

18 Werder Bre19 Newcastle United 217 217

20 Stuttg21 Aston Villa 183 183

21 Olympique de Marseille183

23 Cel24 Everton 158 158

25 Rangers 148

Liverpool are worth more than chelsea, even with red rom's russian mafia millions?!. Wow i'd have never called that :blink:

They were worth a lot more than Liverpool when Abramovich took over.. but he made huge loses due the current financial crisis.. and Chelsea lost a lot of money due to mis-management..

Roman Abramovich spent a further ?100m last year to fund his ambitions for Chelsea, taking the Russian oligarch's personal spending on the club since he took over in 2003 to almost ?700m. Chelsea's accounts, released on the club's website to conclude a week of turmoil at Stamford Bridge, showed that Abramovich's subsidy of Chelsea increased from ?578m in 2007 to ?679.6m by June last year.

The extra ?100m absorbed another thumping annual loss the club made last year, of ?65.7m, following ?74.8m the previous year. Chelsea's wage bill was ?148.5m and the loss also included ?23.1m paid in compensation to the departing managers Jose Mourinho and Avram Grant and five members of the coaching staff. Abramovich's sacking of Grant's successor, Luiz Felipe Scolari, on Monday, means a further ?7.3m will be paid in compensation this year. That instability, along with rising players' wages, shows that Chelsea accept they are highly unlikely to meet their target of being free by this July from reliance on Abramovich's fortune.

Chelsea's chief executive, Peter Kenyon, nevertheless reiterated that aim , pointing to a 96% increase in Chelsea's annual earnings since 2003, to ?213m last year, the fifth highest of any club in the world. Kenyon said this "aim of self-sufficiency" means that whoever is Chelsea's manager this summer will be able to fund signings only by selling first.

Source

Russia rich list

$14.1bn Mikhail Prokhorov, down from $21.5bn

$13.9bn Roman Abramovich, down from $23bn

$7.7bn Vladimir Lisin, down from $22.2bn

$7.6bn Vagit Alekperov, down from ?13.5bn

$7.5bn Suleiman Kerimov, down from $18bn

$6.1bn Mikhail Fridman, down from $22.2bn

$5bn Vladimir Potanin, down from $21.5bn

$4.9bn Oleg Deripaska, down from $40bn

$4.6bn Dmitri Ribolovyev, down from $11.7bn

$4.5bn Alisher Usmanov, down from $13.3bn

Source

That's the price they pay for not sticking with 1 manager I suppose. Personally I think losing Mohrinio was their biggest mistake, he was a great manager

4-0. Despite not performing at nowhere near our best, Blackburn offered absolutely nothing today, and an extremely comfortable win, as the BBC commentators said just the kind of soft match needed after the chelsea reversal. Also, another tipping aid in Liverpool's favour in goal difference terms, which could prove crucial