Barclays Premier League

Barclays Premier League 2008/09  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • Other
  2. 2. Who be relegated from the Barclays Premier League 2008/09 (select 3)?

• Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Middlesbrough
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • West Bromwich Albian
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Other
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer in the Barclays Premier League 2008/09?

• Benjani
    • Cesc Fabregas
    • Cristiano Ronaldo
    • Didier Drogba
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Other

Hey welcome back to the PL Wolves :p

It was sad to see Charlton relegated to League 1 though.. seems they and Curbs were made for each other.. neither did well since they parted..

Oh man.. way to go Toffees but our guys will be kicking themselves now coz this would've been a golden chance to win a major competition.. No disrespect to Toffees though.. they are playing good football right now and we were just Poor last night.. the starting line up and substitutions were mind-boggling to say the least.. I really hope we do something special in Champions League this season..

Fergie payed the price for resting his pros today, just shows that charging for so many trophies takes its toll on teams even with the biggest resources.

For me the most surprising decision was not to start Arshavin (sorry.. will take time to get over that).. he didn't play against Villareal and one would assume that he'd start every PL and Cup game.. but he came on very very late.. and taking off van Persie even though he wasn't having a good day was strange.. I would've started Arshavin for sure else taken off Denilson..

tn_or_2009-04-15T113239Z_01_PNN07_RTRIDSP_2_BRITAIN_crop.jpg

Liverpool fans just smiled I bet when Everton chalked one of the 4 off the list :p

Today was a perfect result for Liverpool fans.

Man Utd played 120 minutes, and ended up losing on penalties. Hopefully today will fatigue them (although I know they rested a lot of players) and dent their confidence further.

21o4rjs.gif

Found that quite funny when I watched the match today :laugh:

Yeah, fergie's reaction was priceless although to be fair I feel he had a point, United had a good shout for a penalty there. Still, seeing them brought down is no loss to me xD

Bandwidth exceeded. Gutted.

Found the same one with an added twist ;)

295zsl5.gif

Mike Riley not giving Man Utd a penalty was a major shock, him and Ferguson normally hold hands all game. I guess David Moyes pre-match words about Riley had an effect!

Roads to the two biggest trophies goes through Arsenal ;)

We still have to play Utd, 'Pool and Chelsea and these will define who wins the EPL.. I personally want to see Wenger rest some players for Champions League as we cannot win anything else this season.. time to give UCL our all!!

Roads to the two biggest trophies goes through Arsenal ;)

We still have to play Utd, 'Pool and Chelsea and these will define who wins the EPL.. I personally want to see Wenger rests some players for Champions League as we cannot win anything else this season.. time to give UCL our all!!

Arsenal need to aim for a minimum of 3rd.

Prize money and an easy route to champions league is the route.

We also have Aston Villa still in with a chance of 4th, so if we put out weaker teams, we lose 3 games and Villa win 3 games it's going to be a tight

finish.

If we keep our premiership form and win 6 games, then we will finish 2nd.

I think Liverpool & Chelsea are done for this season.

Liverpool are coming down from their peak, Chelsea I think (their owner would expect) would put the champions league as a priority.

Chelsea's owner has won everything in England, so the Champions League would be the icing.

Arsenal need to aim for a minimum of 3rd.

Prize money and an easy route to champions league is the route.

We also have Aston Villa still in with a chance of 4th, so if we put out weaker teams, we lose 3 games and Villa win 3 games it's going to be a tight

finish.

If we keep our premiership form and win 6 games, then we will finish 2nd.

I think Liverpool & Chelsea are done for this season.

Liverpool are coming down from their peak, Chelsea I think (their owner would expect) would put the champions league as a priority.

Chelsea's owner has won everything in England, so the Champions League would be the icing.

Are we? We've scored 8 goals in our last two games.

Even if Arsenal win all their remaining games, you still won't finish 2nd.

Liverpool are still in great form, they just didn't defend as well as usual against Chelsea. Something that will change when Gerrard comes back

Liverpool are still in great form, they just didn't defend as well as usual against Chelsea. Something that will change when Gerrard comes back

Tactically against Chelsea we did not play how we normally play.

'Normally' we are very solid and difficult to break down, which is why we do not conceed many goals. We were forced to push men forward and play high up the pitch against Chelsea midweek though as we needed to score at least 3 goals, which is why we were very open to attack.

:shifty:

Wow, great contribution! Very thought provoking

Tactically against Chelsea we did not play how we normally play.

'Normally' we are very solid and difficult to break down, which is why we do not conceed many goals. We were forced to push men forward and play high up the pitch against Chelsea midweek though as we needed to score at least 3 goals, which is why we were very open to attack.

Agreed, its always hard when you have to chase goals but in all honesty we managed to do it up until half time with no ill effects... Just all went wrong after the break

Liverpool will prove today that we are still in the title race and have the potential to finish first

Nice one Saba, a sextuple post! :laugh:

Liverpool will prove today that we are still in the title race and have the potential to finish first

Wowzers a lot of posts there. ARSENAL ARSENAL

Must win game tonight. Should be a cracker.

There is also a tribute to Ray Kennedy (Ray of Hope Appeal) tonight, and there will be a mosaic at both ends of the ground.