How many other players here have these issues?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1960699&page=8

These issues make the game frustrating to play. Even on local servers with low ping these issues are apparent, hell even running a local single player game with bots these issues are apparent and are even worse when playing on servers that aren't local. Valve doesn't seem concerned or even cares to fix these issues, from what I understand these issues have existed since the beginning of TF2 and have progressively worsened over time. Also, where are crafting blueprints for the new weapons and items? The same weapons and items have been craftable since I started playing TF2 with no new blueprints added for the new weapons and items..

Any TF2 players here that aren't interested in the whole trading, item, hat, unboxing in TF2? If so and you have any salvaged s30 crates I'm looking to get them as cheap as possible.

Any TF2 players here that aren't interested in the whole trading, item, hat, unboxing in TF2? If so and you have any salvaged s30 crates I'm looking to get them as cheap as possible.

To sell them for many hats right after? You are disgusting :/

No, so I have the weapons and other items. I've also ran into problems with people wanting way more than what the crates are worth on trading sites. I don't really care about hats unless I get a rare unusual and salvaged crates aren't worth the price of unusuals.

To sell them for many hats right after? You are disgusting :/

Yep, hate people doing that, same for buying ellis hats for 1 rec (they've recently been made craftable - worth > 1 ref).

I find it funny that value has been placed on ingame items at all especially if these items can be unboxed, dropped or are attainable t through other means. Although unboxing a rare unsusual means I can make a little profit from those that care about hats and all that jazz. I want the stranges to collect and level up along with my other weapons. I've seen people asking for five or more keys, more than the contents of the crates are worth, despite being more rare the crates still drop and keys cost real world money unless you smelt weapons into metal and pay in refined.

No, so I have the weapons and other items. I've also ran into problems with people wanting way more than what the crates are worth on trading sites. I don't really care about hats unless I get a rare unusual and salvaged crates aren't worth the price of unusuals.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/203177

"Strange Kritzkrieg for 15 refined or 7 keys or best offer."

Busted ....

Doesn't mean I care about hats. Key's cost real world money so spending more than two or three keys on anything that amounts to a chance of unboxing something of any value is too much. I could pay in refined but I'd have to have the weapons to smelt into refined (12 - 14 refined) for the crates. None of this would matter to anyone that just wants to play the game and not deal with crates, keys, hats, Mann Co. store, trading etc..

Not sure why that trade is showing still especially since I closed it or how you even found it. That Kritzkrieg was one I unboxed from a salvaged crate I received from playing the game and it never got traded.

People are also ridiculous with their asking prices and rejecting offers for five or six keys, "Lolz not enuff" when the most expensive item in the crate is only worth five or six keys at most and the chance of unboxing such an item is 2/5.

The only ridiculous thing here is you.

TF2outpost cleary shows that you are spending a lot of times in trading (instead of playing), and that you are selling strange weapons found in salvages crates for an excessive price.

And now you want us to give you a high valued item for cheap? Come on ...

I've only started about five or six trades there and I do play the game. I was trading for the going price of the items and even knocking a couple refined off of the trades. The crate itself should be worth less than the most expensive items since unboxing involves chance and uncrating the best items is not guaranteed, but the person asking for the keys/metal makes out regardless. Salvaged crates should be no more than four or five keys max and if someone is asking more than four or five keys I'll just move on the the next seller or wait for the crates to drop while I am playing.

Also, look at my inventory before continuing to insist I am trading away everything.. The S.Kritzkrieg and an S.Gunslinger are in my inventory.

http://www.tf2outpost.com/backpack/12694

I've been practicing with the spy and am getting better. So much fun to equip the dead ringer, fake a death and come back under a new disguise each time and pull off multiple backstabs. Yesterday a soldier bounced me in the air with a rocket and propelled me forward onto an an opposing player. Here is a video of me playing, I'm not too good but I am getting better. I know it's an idle/trade server but I usually don't idle and am out trying to pull of kills, I also play in regular servers. It's a New Zealand server so my ping isn't too good. It can get frustrating to play since when I am playing I appear further away from the opposing player on my end and closer to them on their end apparently so I often get melee'd, burned by Pyro, being exposed while cloaked or disguised when I am what appears to be several feet away on my end. The source engine's lag compensation and poor hit detection causes several shots not to register when I am shooting at the opposing player within point blank range which also causes me to get killed. Also aiming can be difficult but I am getting better, because of the lag/lag compensation the opposing player isn't right where I am aiming for.

Hey folks, I got a tf2 server if anyone here at Neowin ever wants to get together and frag on it. :)

Add either soldiersofsolitude.xtemu.com or soldiersofsolitude.clanservers.com to your favorites to join.

Right now it's just stock maps with minimal mods.

So far I've been having more fun playing since I am getting better slowly but surely. It's nice to now have a decent internet connection and be able to play, before last year I was stuck in the country so my only choices for internet were high latency satellite or dial up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing this a lot more since I upgraded my PC and enjoying it a whole lot. I am still waay behind though in collecting the newer weapons and such... But I have like double of every weapon in "vintage" form.... I see some people asking to sell or whatever for these, but I really have no clue what they mean, or if they are even considered valuable in the tf2 community... Anyone able to help me out with this? I was playing TF2 when it first came out, and when the unlocks were only possible via completing the achievements. So all my weapons are vintage, as well as a few of the hats I have...

I've been playing this a lot more since I upgraded my PC and enjoying it a whole lot. I am still waay behind though in collecting the newer weapons and such... But I have like double of every weapon in "vintage" form.... I see some people asking to sell or whatever for these, but I really have no clue what they mean, or if they are even considered valuable in the tf2 community... Anyone able to help me out with this? I was playing TF2 when it first came out, and when the unlocks were only possible via completing the achievements. So all my weapons are vintage, as well as a few of the hats I have...

Most of the Vintage weapons aren't worth that much, maybe 3-4 weapons instead of 2, hats are a different deal, some Vintages can be worth > 2 times more than normal ones.

And vanilla weapons are the best anyway :p

Custom particles for movie making look awesome:

Most of the Vintage weapons aren't worth that much, maybe 3-4 weapons instead of 2, hats are a different deal, some Vintages can be worth > 2 times more than normal ones.

And vanilla weapons are the best anyway :p

Hmm, interesting.. I know I have the vintage Demo Man Fro.. but not sure about other hats. I'll have to check.

I'm calling it now.. the secret is VIP mode.

VIP already exists in TF2, it was re-engineered into Payload because of the innate griefability of giving one player the ability to ruin the entire game.

The "raid mode" people have talked about is allegedly dead too, so it could be anything.

I still don't fully understand that "worth" chart/page lol. Owell. Still having a blast playing, and slowly finding new gear. I think ill just hold onto my vintage items for the hell of it.

Is it true that you can find a crate, but then still need to purchase a key to open it? If so, that is just crap.

I still don't fully understand that "worth" chart/page lol. Owell. Still having a blast playing, and slowly finding new gear. I think ill just hold onto my vintage items for the hell of it.

Is it true that you can find a crate, but then still need to purchase a key to open it? If so, that is just crap.

Yes, you can also get a key for around 2.44-2.66 in metal (2 refined 2 reclaimed being 2.66), there's a small chance of unboxing an unusual hat (with a particle effect), these can be quite expensive.