I have a question, does the dead ringer and pocket medic get dropped by the item drop system?

I have a pair of uncraftable dead ringers. I can give you one for free. It's pretty useless to me since it's uncraftable and I already have a vintage one.

Nevermind, seems you already have one. :p

Got to play the Halloween update last night. I love this map, but damn there are so many items now(have not played since just after the public crafting was added) For some reason I went on a hot streak with the sniper and was getting head shots like no bodies business. Wish this map was around longer then just this time of year as I love it.

This year's halloween map is just a remake of koth_viaduct.

You can play the Halloween maps any time of year, but the bosses or gifts won't spawn (neither will the crit baskets from corpses)

Unless you set tf_forced_holiday 2.

Sans the gifts however.

heh, it's been a while (about a year) since I was messing around with console commands to get the bots spawning.

I'll try to remember that, I do like the Halloween maps.

This year's halloween map is just a remake of koth_viaduct.

Disappointing. I was excited to play the Hallowe'en map, but it it's just Viaduct, I'm not interested. :-(

The map's alright. I prefer Mann Manor over this though.

The monoculus should have a special ability to automatically aim at snipers and spies over everyone else; these ****ers run around stabbing and sniping at other people (and sapping sentries) firing at the eye, and letting him get away. :crazy:

I AM A ROBOT I AM HERE TO TAKE AMERICAN JOBS!

Soldier has the best lines with his outfit on. Do the battlecry voice bind with the robot outfit to hear the "I AM A ROBOT" lines.
Demo has a cool wolf howl when you taunt. I just wish the pyro could wear a hat with his horns. Hottie's Hoodie + horns = :woot: . The other two pyro hats, the Last Breath and Apparition's Aspect are awesome.

I just notice the soldier is holding a fly swatter. A new weapon later on?

The map's alright. I prefer Mann Manor over this though.

The monoculus should have a special ability to automatically aim at snipers and spies over everyone else; these ****ers run around stabbing and sniping at other people (and sapping sentries) firing at the eye, and letting him get away. :crazy:

Yeah, last night I got kicked from a server for bashing people who kill other players when they are distracted by the boss ;), I think both teams should be unable to harm each other when he spawns.

Shame there's a holiday restriction on the robot costume, otherwise I'd get it.

I love the Portal reference though.

If you look at the restriction it also says full moon but I agree that there should not be a restrction of stuff you buy from the store even the silly noise makes.

I really want the Vuvuzela noisemaker.

I can't seem to get any of the gifts as everyone else gets to them before me. I came within an inch of getting a gift and then the game sends me back to spawn for some odd reason and someone else ends up getting the gift instead.

I can't seem to get any of the gifts as everyone else gets to them before me. I came within an inch of getting a gift and then the game sends me back to spawn for some odd reason and someone else ends up getting the gift instead.

I think an admin just teleported you to spawn so they could get the item. It sucks that people would do that. Last year there were servers with around 8-12 people max and they would take turns getting gifts. When a gift spawns people looks for it and communicate to the other players its location and the person who is next in line for the gift gets it. It was hard to get into a server but a good way to get gifts.

I have a question, how do I bind two keys together? This would make crouch rocket jumps simpler as well as other actions but I don't know how to do it.

Disappointing. I was excited to play the Hallowe'en map, but it it's just Viaduct, I'm not interested. :-(

Try playing it. It's not "just Viaduct" -- there are some big differences.

You had it easy ;) Worst offenders include people kicking everyone from server when gift spawns, freezing other players, or admins using noclip to get the items. Best you can do is report them to Valve.

If I recall correctly, following the latest update you can report 'abusive' servers to Valve. :)

(err, mentioned above)

It's not just a remake. They've added quite a bit to it. The eyeball, the island, the lame gift drops, etc.

I'm really hating the gift thing yet again. Last year it was bad enough, but this year it's just ridiculous. I played for 6-8 hours or so and that whole time only about 3 people on the server got gifts. They ran across the map and got them all as they spawned -- I think they each had a zone pattern they'd run in a certain area so it was always them who got it. There were 5 times I was about to get a gift and each time one of them came out of nowhere to grab it.

At least I've finally been able to get some gifts on Mann Manor, since most people already have those gifts.