Personally, I use http://www.tf2wh.com . It's completely automated with trade-bots. Trade items for credits, then later trade the credits for other items. Only downsides are, there is usually a queue you have to wait in before a bot gets to you, and you get less credits selling then buying, other than that, it's a great system.

Yeah, I'm aware of tf2wh. It had a big surge in popularity followed by a bit of a negative slump.

Personally I view it as a different service to sites like TF2OP and etc entirely. Nicer for a quick simple 1:1.

What about the pipboy is it a rare one too? Haven't seen anyone with one.

Pipboy goes for around 1-1.33 refined it's not really expensive, but Teddy is. And I'd recommend tf2tp.com too, tf2outpost is cool but has less traders.

The item drop reset was last night but I am getting zero item drops. I played last night and this morning but no items are dropping for me, yet other players seem to be getting items..

The item drop reset was last night but I am getting zero item drops. I played last night and this morning but no items are dropping for me, yet other players seem to be getting items..

Working for me. I had a week were I swear my account got zero items, though. No idea why.

I don't care for what this game has turned into....

Last night, after about a 3 year absence from the game, I reinstalled it. And I was just instantly lost and confused. The whole start menu has changed, and there are about 20 different options one can choose from. There is very little information about how and what you can do with everything, and it is just way too much for one like myself, who just wants to hop on and have fun, to deal with.

I used to really like this game, but it seems to have turned into a grind fest and all about items now. :(

If you don't care about hats/weapons, don't go looking for them then.

Yeah, vanilla is the best way to roll in 99% of the cases anyway and I don't see how the main menu is confusing :s

I don't care for what this game has turned into....

Last night, after about a 3 year absence from the game, I reinstalled it. And I was just instantly lost and confused. The whole start menu has changed, and there are about 20 different options one can choose from. There is very little information about how and what you can do with everything, and it is just way too much for one like myself, who just wants to hop on and have fun, to deal with.

I used to really like this game, but it seems to have turned into a grind fest and all about items now. :(

The menu is even simpler than before, there is even a "Quickplay" feature now that'll automatically find you a server.

As far as items/etc go, as The_Decryptor said you can avoid all the cosmetics, and weapon-wise stock is still usually the best or a valid option with the exception generally being with melee.

If you're confused, I'd also suggest flipping through the Official Wiki and just familiarising yourself with the key points.

--

In other news, last night I was lucky enough to play a couple of rounds of TF2 with Robin Walker:

391ECA7FE20D53A32FABD8751DEF7993819CF0A7

Anyone know of any glitches or exploits that cause a medic to fire a needlegun really, really fast?

I'm just about convinced this one guy was using a hack. Really annoying. If only we could report players as we do with servers. :pinch:

Anyone know of any glitches or exploits that cause a medic to fire a needlegun really, really fast?

I'm just about convinced this one guy was using a hack. Really annoying. If only we could report players as we do with servers. :pinch:

You can. Just press F7 and select the player you want to report. It'll collect a bunch of info and send it to Valve.

You can. Just press F7 and select the player you want to report. It'll collect a bunch of info and send it to Valve.

I assume you get to select what to report after pressing F7? I did that yesterday and it gave me the option to submit now (J) or later (K). I thought I was reporting the server (which wasn't at fault!) so I cancelled the dialog.

I assume you get to select what to report after pressing F7? I did that yesterday and it gave me the option to submit now (J) or later (K). I thought I was reporting the server (which wasn't at fault!) so I cancelled the dialog.

Yea, it takes a screen shot and you can select to report the server or player.

Yea, it takes a screen shot and you can select to report the server or player.

A screenshot rarely proves anything, though.

A screenshot rarely proves anything, though.

I'm pretty sure it collects a whole bunch of other data also, since it takes a few seconds to generate the report.

I'm really starting to get back in to TF2. Took some screenshots recently at surround resolution thought some of you might enjoy them. Need to edit a lot of files to centre the HUD like in these screenies if any of you want help doing that for your own surround setups PM me :)

8120x1600 not 56k friendly!

Y4vY9l.jpg

NsIupl.jpg

V0XzPl.jpg

DTgt1l.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Seems like in a recent update, they finally made TF2 restore almost instantly upon an ALT+TAB or the Windows key. After three years they finally get it right! No more sitting there for half a minute hearing voice chat loop over and over, and then seeing weird glitches after you're back into the game.

Also, there's this. http://www.teamfortress.com/truemeaning/ - just the engineer and pyro. Hmm... the last Meet the Team coming? :D