What's the difference between craftable hats and non-craftable hats? If I like the hat and its uncraftable and I know I'll never want to do anything with it does it make much of a difference? I'd rather pay less in metal and keep it forever, right?

What's the difference between craftable hats and non-craftable hats? If I like the hat and its uncraftable and I know I'll never want to do anything with it does it make much of a difference? I'd rather pay less in metal and keep it forever, right?

If you want to keep the hat forever, and don't plan on crafting it away then sure, that works well.

Also got this Misc dropped yesterday, one of my favourite items too!

250px-FancyDressUniform.png

If you want to keep the hat forever, and don't plan on crafting it away then sure, that works well.

Fantastic, I would rather pay 1.66 ref for an uncraftable teddy roosebelt instead of a clean one for like minimum 3.6. Now all I need to do is find one!

How many refined metal or keys could I get for a Portal 2 gift?

I haven't mentioned it in the previous post, try getting 3 holiday keys, they are worth more.

Also got this Misc dropped yesterday, one of my favourite items too!

250px-FancyDressUniform.png

Lucky bas***d :) I had to buy mine. Though Hi 5 taunt dropped for me last week, so I can't complain.

Around 3 keys, or metal equivalent - about 8 refined.

Is that because it's currently on sale? If so I'll just wait until the sale is over and list it on tf2outpost. If not I'll probably just gift them to friends as eight refined or three keys wouldn't be worth trading for.

Is that because it's currently on sale? If so I'll just wait until the sale is over and list it on tf2outpost. If not I'll probably just gift them to friends as eight refined or three keys wouldn't be worth trading for.

Yeah, I thought you got it on sale, if you want more, wait until the sale is over, sure.

Seems like in a recent update, they finally made TF2 restore almost instantly upon an ALT+TAB or the Windows key. After three years they finally get it right! No more sitting there for half a minute hearing voice chat loop over and over, and then seeing weird glitches after you're back into the game. Also, there's this. http://www.teamfortress.com/truemeaning/ - just the engineer and pyro. Hmm... the last Meet the Team coming? :D

That's great news! I have been using windows mode for this reason.

I had a really good round yesterday, which was refreshing. For a while the main servers around here were crap like instaspawn 2fort and servers with a map rotation of 2 maps with hlxstats and such. I found a proper full rotation 24 player clean server though, and the teams were awesome which made it even better.

Reminded me of the early days of TF2.

I had a really good round yesterday, which was refreshing. For a while the main servers around here were crap like instaspawn 2fort and servers with a map rotation of 2 maps with hlxstats and such. I found a proper full rotation 24 player clean server though, and the teams were awesome which made it even better.

Reminded me of the early days of TF2.

Best way to play tf2 is to pick a server and stick with it :), I only play on 1 server, it's really good to play with the same people.

I used to play on one server all the time, well known regulars, etc. Then it shut down. I moved onto another one (32 player 24/7 payload), but I got sick of goldrush and hoodoo.

So one of my nice winter crates turned out to be...

this. :huh:

Should be a replacement for the sandvich's secondary slot (but still have the same effects). The heavy doesn't touch it at all. Actually it would be funnier if the heavy was always carrying it in his left or right hand than just strapped to his belt.

There needs to be some good community PL maps...

Frontier is pretty good, probably the best community payload map I've seen :).

I'm downloading TF 2 right now on steam. I played TF Classic years ago and had a ton of fun. Was in a clan and had matches against other clans (we were pretty good).

I'm really hoping that TF2 will be 1/2 as much fun as Classic was. I always got put playing an engineer or sniper. I could pop people across the map as a sniper I hope its still a fun class.

I've had Steam since 2003 and never bought anything through it until this week. Ive got 35 games on it now. I did just have all the original half-life engine games. I played a bunch of DoD and Counter-Strike. I got up to 26th for a while on a site that gathered records from all the CS servers that allowed the data to be pulled out. I stayed in the top 50 for over a year. I cant tell you how many servers I got booted from because people thought I was hacking. I just started playing CS:Source this week and I can tell you I'm rusty as hell. I'm getting back into it. Got on a server earlier through a couple maps I was 57kills 12 deaths. Lots of headshots.

Back to TF2

I cant wait til its finished downloading. Are there custom maps? If so what maps are lots of fun that I should make sure to get right away? EDIT: Disregard this! I searched the mighty google and answered my own n00b question.

See you guys at the end of my gun in game.

I'm downloading TF 2 right now on steam. I played TF Classic years ago and had a ton of fun. Was in a clan and had matches against other clans (we were pretty good).

I'm really hoping that TF2 will be 1/2 as much fun as Classic was. I always got put playing an engineer or sniper. I could pop people across the map as a sniper I hope its still a fun class.

I've had Steam since 2003 and never bought anything through it until this week. Ive got 35 games on it now. I did just have all the original half-life engine games. I played a bunch of DoD and Counter-Strike. I got up to 26th for a while on a site that gathered records from all the CS servers that allowed the data to be pulled out. I stayed in the top 50 for over a year. I cant tell you how many servers I got booted from because people thought I was hacking. I just started playing CS:Source this week and I can tell you I'm rusty as hell. I'm getting back into it. Got on a server earlier through a couple maps I was 57kills 12 deaths. Lots of headshots.

Back to TF2

I cant wait til its finished downloading. Are there custom maps? If so what maps are lots of fun that I should make sure to get right away? EDIT: Disregard this! I searched the mighty google and answered my own n00b question.

See you guys at the end of my gun in game.

It's better than the original. Way more fun, IMO.

I noticed that there are a lot of weapons and items missing from the list of craftable weapons/items. Is Valve ever going to add more weapons/items to the list for crafting?