I'm really hating the gift thing yet again. Last year it was bad enough, but this year it's just ridiculous. I played for 6-8 hours or so and that whole time only about 3 people on the server got gifts. They ran across the map and got them all as they spawned -- I think they each had a zone pattern they'd run in a certain area so it was always them who got it. There were 5 times I was about to get a gift and each time one of them came out of nowhere to grab it.

At least I've finally been able to get some gifts on Mann Manor, since most people already have those gifts.

Here's a gift guide stolen from reddit :p

kcfv5.png

About gifts: I got one, and got cheated out of another (as a pyro, I was standing in a semi-transparent gift, then I saw a cloaked spy near me so I tried firing at him but the ****** backstabbed me and stole the gift :pinch:).

I was playing on a server that had a rule of no killing in the underworld. A gift spawned in the underworld, but Monoculus was not out yet. One guy was really being as ass and said screw the rules, he's gonna kill anyone to get it. Lo and behond he gets to the underworld and kills a bunch of people. The admin nocliped to steal the gift right in front of the guy then just gave it to the first person through the portal. Everyone had a good laugh at the guy, he was super ****ed.

Another time, on another server there was a gift right by the exit in the underworld. Two scouts were right by it when the guy behind me shot the pumpkin and killed them both :laugh: . I ended up getting the gift. I've never seen so much rage. :rofl:

It's been pretty fun hunting for the gifts. So far I have about 2/3rds of them, although it can be really rage-inducing when you're so close to getting one, then you get killed, or someone else get it :angry:

Why is it that TF2 is more addicting than battlefield 3? I somehow enjoy when i play TF2 but BF3 is so much tense and stress inducing. lol. :D

One of the design goals with TF2 was a less lethal combat, which just makes it less stressful to play. :)

About gifts: I got one, and got cheated out of another (as a pyro, I was standing in a semi-transparent gift, then I saw a cloaked spy near me so I tried firing at him but the ****** backstabbed me and stole the gift :pinch:).

Stuff like that's happened to me a million times. I've missed about 4 haunted gifts because people are just asses. Once I was taking turns with another medic (quick-fix method) in the underworld and he stopped healing me when the gift spawned even though it was my turn. We both died because without me healing him he couldn't make it in time, either. Two times a guy from the opposite team bumped me off into the water right as I was about to get the gift. And then another time a guy killed the pumpkins by the gift as I was going to get it. These were all on no-kill servers.

And I can't even count the number of times an admin's abused the server to no-clip right before I got a gift in the underworld. Annoying as hell. Protip: Press F7 and report all those servers when that crap happens. Their servers will lose their privileges and their items will likely be taken away. Same thing happened last year.

I've finally managed to get some gifts after hours upon hours of playing over 3 days -- got the full haunted medic set via trading other haunteds, and have the haunted demo paws and haunted idiot box (soldier hat). Trying to trade the idiot box for the two remaining haunted demo items I need. Finding regular Halloween items is harder than finding the haunted ones :laugh:

Maybe someone can set up a private server to get Halloween gifts. I was thinking of doing this but I am not sure if I can set one up in time nor if I could get enough people to join.

Maybe someone can set up a private server to get Halloween gifts. I was thinking of doing this but I am not sure if I can set one up in time nor if I could get enough people to join.

You can, but getting enough people is the problem. You need 10 for it to work.

And I can't even count the number of times an admin's abused the server to no-clip right before I got a gift in the underworld. Annoying as hell. Protip: Press F7 and report all those servers when that crap happens. Their servers will lose their privileges and their items will likely be taken away. Same thing happened last year.

Won't happen. They didn't delete items last year and they won't this year.

The most Valve can/will do is set the server's registration as bad so it won't recieve quickplay users or gift spawns. Although I doubt they'll even do that, the ecosystem is too open and would hurt GSPs more than the admins.

Personally, I think Valve will eventually just realise the entire "gift" system is fundamentally flawed. Infact I get the distinct feeling they probably would've junked it if they had more resources/time allocated for TF2 - this year's event feels very sparse.

I would have received a gift, in fact I was right on top of where the gift spawned but someone on the same team playing as scout rushed in and got the gift instead of myself. I mean I was right there directly on top of the gift when the gift was transparent and about to become solid and that person stole it, like he couldn't see that I was already there. After that at 9PM I just said the hell with it, shut everything down and went to bed.

I didn't get anything other than the achievement Halloween items and whatever was in that Halloween gift basket everyone got.

I was playing on a server yesterday and got something like 9 gifts, some of them consecutively. Needless to say, people were really raging :laugh:. I started to feel bad, so I said I would give away my extras 1 at a time to whoever could kill me. I alternated teams so it would be fair. It was a basically a gift-hunt server where the teams didn't attack each other, so everyone was trying to kill me, with alltalk so people on my team could give away my position. I was a scout jumping around the map collecting health, not even attacking anyone. They were having a seriously hard time trying to kill me and accused me of wall-hacking to see the health :rofl:. Seriously, there is health in like 4 positions on the map, it's not that hard to remember where they are. TF2 Halloween always brings out the best in people :shifty: .

Finally starting to get some items through farming servers... but even they have jackasses on them. On at least four different occasions someone stole my haunted item, even as I was going for it and everyone else was letting me get it since it was my turn. All four times it was people who agreed to the turn system and had already gotten an item, too, and they all immediately disconnected after stealing the item. Talk about freaking annoying.

Now I just go to free for all farming servers where the first person gets it. I use the quick fix medic method in the underworld. I've gotten 8 haunted items so far and tons of regulars.

Sadly i only play a few times a year when i am bored and I have had this game since it was released.

Finally starting to get some items through farming servers... but even they have jackasses on them. On at least four different occasions someone stole my haunted item, even as I was going for it and everyone else was letting me get it since it was my turn. All four times it was people who agreed to the turn system and had already gotten an item, too, and they all immediately disconnected after stealing the item. Talk about freaking annoying.

Now I just go to free for all farming servers where the first person gets it. I use the quick fix medic method in the underworld. I've gotten 8 haunted items so far and tons of regulars.

I noticed this is still going on, any idea when it's supposed to end? Can you send me the address of this farming server please? :)

I noticed this is still going on, any idea when it's supposed to end? Can you send me the address of this farming server please? :)

Goes until November 4. Just search for koth_eye and set max to 14, users playing, not full, no password.

I now have the full haunted versions of the three sets I wanted most: Soldier, Medic and Demoman. I think the Soldier's is by far the coolest. Wish they would let us use them year-round. Not like half the other items in TF2 aren't silly enough as it is.

Man, i really want the Pip Boy and the Teddy Roosebelt in game! :(

Try tf2tp.com for trading. You'll have to trade some good items for the Teddy Roosebelt, though.

Try tf2tp.com for trading. You'll have to trade some good items for the Teddy Roosebelt, though.

Damn I shouldn't have smelted my Solemn Vow as it seems to have been an expensive item.

What about the pipboy is it a rare one too? Haven't seen anyone with one.

Damn I shouldn't have smelted my Solemn Vow as it seems to have been an expensive item.

What about the pipboy is it a rare one too? Haven't seen anyone with one.

There really aren't many rare weapons. It's only hats and such. Try searching for someone trading something and see if you have what they want.

There really aren't many rare weapons. It's only hats and such. Try searching for someone trading something and see if you have what they want.

Thanks man, such a good game!

I'd rather suggest tf2outpost.com, as much as I appreciate the guys at TF2TP (And the traffic they send my way), TF2TP hasn't been updated in some time, TF2OP is actively maintained and has a cleaner design.

I'd rather suggest tf2outpost.com, as much as I appreciate the guys at TF2TP (And the traffic they send my way), TF2TP hasn't been updated in some time, TF2OP is actively maintained and has a cleaner design.

Personally, I use http://www.tf2wh.com . It's completely automated with trade-bots. Trade items for credits, then later trade the credits for other items. Only downsides are, there is usually a queue you have to wait in before a bot gets to you, and you get less credits selling then buying, other than that, it's a great system.