[E3] MGS4 on 360 ‘impossible’, says Sony

I've always felt that people that have such a huge issue with that need to get out more and look into getting a girlfriend.

I don't really have an issue with it either. That said, I don't have a girlfriend, so does this mean I have to get out more :p ?

Scirwode

Multiple discs isn't a problem, the only problem I have with multiple discs is the crappy paper slips the disc 2 and 3 etc get put in and ultimately scratched to hell.

Well, that's more of a packaging issue than a multiple disk issue. Anyway, what I do with all my game disks is keep them in one of those disk wallets. This really helps prevent them from getting scratched as those game cases can also be brutal on the disks if you are taking them out and putting them in a lot.

I don't really have an issue with it either. That said, I don't have a girlfriend, so does this mean I have to get out more :p ?

Scirwode

:p Might be a good idea?

my point is loading mgs4 off dvd would still be slow.

But faster than on Blu-Ray and thus manageable.

I didn't mean it in such a harsh manner, I apologise. Some hypocracy has been shown over the last few days, with the same crowds bashing on about PS3 having lots of games that require installs and the 360 not needing it, then MS announcing installs and in my opinion the inevitable 'required' installs.

No, installs will not be required. There are still SKUs available without even a Hard Drive and the fact that among the whole library of 360 games only a select few even require a Hard Drive to play the game means that taking it one step further would be ridiculous. I can't imagine that Microsoft would allow a required install game.

Guys nothing is announced, and nothing is coming until it is.

It's been called a PS3 exclusive by Jack and the game itself even says its an exclusive, in-game!

Dunno why people are getting bogged down on this beaten to death rumour when there's lots of great E3 content to be discussing instead (Y)

Just my feelings haha.

MGS4 does a 2 minute install after each chapter, with each chapter being about 1-2 hours long if played quickly.

It is logistically possible, and the hardware would no doubt handle a port, thats not the question. The PS3 installs to the HDD so that loading speeds are faster than what a BD or even DVD could provide. The 360 would suffer lengthy loading times and/or large installs.

in my opinion I think its going to get to the point where 360 installs start becoming, maybe not mandatory, but pretty much needed.

Installs aren't EVER going to be needed on the 360. The main reason installs are on the PS3 is because of the slow read speed of the Blu-Ray player which didn't allow for games to be read fast enough to keep up with game progression (one of the main reasons I liked HD-DVD over Blu-Ray). DVD's read around 5 times faster, so installing isn't necessary since the disc can easily keep up with gameplay.

Installing the game to the drive is definitely optional, since not everyone has a 120GB HDD. 20GB of space would run out in about 2-3 games if it ever became mandatory.

What's that comment got to do with the topic? :huh:

As AB says below, E3 has thrown up some great games for the PS3 platform, I would hardly call E3 as embarrassing.

Sony, for just once, concentrate on the damn games so you don't embarrass yourself next year, again :no:

I've had lots of game content to fill this forum with over the past day (Y) I've only seen you comment on Fat Princess, but there's a load of other game play videos, and more to come today.

All Sony did was claim this was an exclusive during the press conference and we have people tearing them a new one. Move on guys, discuss the games at E3! :D

It's pretty disheartening to see the most popular topic in here is a MGS4 rumour topic, and not the gaming content :(

I've had lots of game content to fill this forum with over the past day (Y) I've only seen you comment on Fat Princess, but there's a load of other game play videos, and more to come today.

All Sony did was claim this was an exclusive during the press conference and we have people tearing them a new one. Move on guys, discuss the games at E3! :D

It's pretty disheartening to see the most popular topic in here is a MGS4 rumour topic, and not the gaming content :(

I just got home, so I'm checking out most of the new content for all the consoles now :yes: Not easy to stream HD videos by stealing bandwidth :p.

The only reason it's PS3 exclusive is because Sony have most likely paid them or Konami genuinely have no interest porting it. Nothing at all to do with "superior hardware" or any of the usual excuses they churn out.

I just got home, so I'm checking out most of the new content for all the consoles now :yes: Not easy to stream HD videos by stealing bandwidth :p.

The only reason it's PS3 exclusive is because Sony have most likely paid them or Konami genuinely have no interest porting it. Nothing at all to do with "superior hardware" or any of the usual excuses they churn out.

Good, glad to hear you're checking out content then. It will maybe help ease your apparent worries about the games shown for this year/next by Sony (Y)

I don't know anything about MGS4, dunno how it was developed and what restrictions it needs hardware wise. But I don't really care, it looks awesome and however it's been done, it's an exclusive. Not much else to comment on really, PR will be PR, don't let it get to you, to the point you get mad at it.

MGS4 is a flagship title for the PS3, if Jack wasn't bigging it up, then I'd be worried. Sony need to big up the right games, not the wrong games (Haze). Bigging up MGS4 is a good move and as it's an exclusive, of course you're going to hear "Only on Playstation". In the same way Nintendo says you only get games like Wiisports on their system.

I'm all for bigging up games, no matter what platform it is, he just needs to learn when to shut up and not BS :p

In simple terms: it's not impossible.

Just face it, fanboys - the PS3 is a more powerful console than the 360.

The fact that this is coming from a "Neowinian Senior" saddens me.

No, I hope this never makes it to 360! How about we start getting some 360 exclusives on the PS3???? You 360 owners have had enough of a reign in terms of games, it is now PS3's turn to have some exclusives!

I think this sums up what im saying DM.

Sony/MS/Nintendo do this often with exclusive titles - They'll big up the title and say "Only possible on our console". Has been happening for years, it's never going to change. It's part of the hype building for the game AND the console.

1st Party developers in interviews also say this 95% of the time - "Our game could only be done on this console". 3rd party developers also sometimes say this - Konami themselves, and Ryan Paton have said, Want MGS4? Buy a PS3.

Creating a news topic/article out of these PR comments just fires up an argument wherever you go. Sony claim its not doable, sometimes the developers claim its not doable, and regardless of if it could be the truth, the gamers online just go

2ir7q86.gif

What do I mean by that?

They go backwards and forwards.

Take MGS4, someone will say exclusive due to size, someone will say, but we just have DVDs. Someone will say exclusive due to all the PS/PSP/PS3 items/mentions in MGS4, someone will say they'll be removed or just left, and on and on and on.

Thing is, does it really matter?

Unless a substanial rumour comes up like Konami saying "We're considering MGS4 on other platforms", creating a topic out of PR saying "Only possible on our console" and then discussing that seriously, just ends in a mess lol.

The title is exclusive, whether that's due to money being involved, genuine hardware limitations or even just loyalty to the platform. We'll never find out for a good 80-90% of the exclusives, so meh, no one really knows.

Sony will tell you one thing, you'll think another - Just ignore PR if you don't like it.

However topics on small comments like this are essentially front page news The Sun or The Inquirer would come up with - Ones that just involve endless circles of speculation and arguments because there ISN'T any conclusion or final answer :p

Which is why I asked all you gamers, why are you spending your time in here and NOT checking out E3! Cmon guys there's tons of games to be looking at :o :D :woot:

It won't be that Sony have paid.

Why ? Sony has a long history of paying for exclusives, and it's a perfectly valid thing to do.

They just recently paid for the timed exlusive for UT3, uch as that helped them, they probably expected the old UT fan base to still care :)

snipped

Tell me about it, I think some of the regulars on NW's GH need to get together and discuss crap like this being posted and come to some sort of agreement it just be left out. It brings nothing good to the forums, it's always BS and there is much more interesting things to talk about.

Tell me about it, I think some of the regulars on NW's GH need to get together and discuss crap like this being posted and come to some sort of agreement it just be left out. It brings nothing good to the forums, it's always BS and there is much more interesting things to talk about.

Too true, the comment and topic are a load of mince, or should I say haggis? :iiam:

Audio, the thing that (I think) changes the perception of people arguing against Sony was the year before the PS3 came out when it was the still the dual HDMId, 1080p at 60fps machine that was promised. People expected big things from the console and they grossly underdelivered. There was a lot of belittling of the 360 because of the unrealistic expectations of the forthcoming PS3. Now when someone (especially someone from Sony PR) says that it's impossible to do it on anything else but the PS3 it gets a stronger negative reaction than "normal".

Audio, the thing that (I think) changes the perception of people arguing against Sony was the year before the PS3 came out when it was the still the dual HDMId, 1080p at 60fps machine that was promised. People expected big things from the console and they grossly underdelivered. There was a lot of belittling of the 360 because of the unrealistic expectations of the forthcoming PS3. Now when someone (especially someone from Sony PR) says that it's impossible to do it on anything else but the PS3 it gets a stronger negative reaction than "normal".

You (if you do), or at least the people you talk about have a problem with all of that, I don't.

If people want to run around living in the past and have a grudge with Sony over it, what can I do about it? That's up to them :)

I posted what I said on the previous page in the context of how I view topics/articles like this. I'm actually happy DM agreed as well (Y)

Not got anything else to say really haha :)

They obviously haven't run the ISO through Microsoft Compression Magic 2009 software :p

Saying it's impossible is a ridiculous statement in itself, and not one that should ever come from any company's PR. A better statement in this case would've been, "It's not coming to the 360 because we say it's not. If you want to play MGS4, you will need to buy a PS3." That's actually pretty good marketing by itself.

/edit - In my infinite wisdom I decided to go and read people's replies after I made this post and see that my point has pretty much been discussed already :p

-Spenser