[E3] MGS4 on 360 ‘impossible’, says Sony

Most of the cutscenes seem to be rendered in-game. Dont know why it wouldnt fit on a single dual layered DVD.

Compress the audio... and whats left really.

Most of the cutscenes seem to be rendered in-game. Dont know why it wouldnt fit on a single dual layered DVD.

Compress the audio... and whats left really.

wow what insight! with that little nugget how are you NOT running Konami!? :rolleyes:

wow what insight! with that little nugget how are you NOT running Konami!? :rolleyes:

Your sarcasm gets you nowhere...

Edited by Guest

What?! MGS2 was on xbox? What rock have I been hiding under that's the biggest news I've heard in a while lol. The only other MGS game i can remember that wasn't PlayStation exclusive is the twin snakes for the Gamecube. Guess I learned something new today.

Technically, MGS, FF, DMC, Resi, GTA and others aren't actually exclusive. They just choose to make games for the PlayStations. This generation obviously things are changing, but it's pretty pathetic when you see PS3 fanboys cry because their "exclusive" is on both platforms.

Technically, MGS, FF, DMC, Resi, GTA and others aren't actually exclusive. They just choose to make games for the PlayStations. This generation obviously things are changing, but it's pretty pathetic when you see PS3 fanboys cry because their "exclusive" is on both platforms.

It's also sad when the other parties run about screaming that the PS3 is doomed when something goes multiplatform.

Vicious circle of idiots.

It's also sad when the other parties run about screaming that the PS3 is doomed when something goes multiplatform.

Exactly, fanboys are just stupid no matter what console it is. Ever since the mid/end of the 90's I've owned each of the consoles available which imo is the best way to go. It means you don't miss out on anything, and even if there is a dry spell on one console, you are sure to find something on the other. BTW that's not bragging, obviously that's not an option for everyone but there is plenty of people privileged enough here to understand what I'm saying I think.

And there is always the mighty pc to fall back on :yes:

Which is what has happened to me a lot recently. Falling back into my PC FPS and RTS days :p

I agree.

Scirwode

It isn't the fact they lost FFXIII, but that all they really have left now is MGS4 and then two sub-par shooter sequels which are being really hyped up (a lot of hype usually means disappointment). The PS3 is in a bad position right now, since half of the sony audience was FF fans, and that half just lost their reason to buy a $400 PS3 over $300 360. Unless they really really want Blu-Ray, the PS3 is in trouble.

Of course, the news that it will be a port might make the 360 version a bit lacking if it is half assed.

Exactly, fanboys are just stupid no matter what console it is. Ever since the mid/end of the 90's I've owned each of the consoles available which imo is the best way to go. It means you don't miss out on anything, and even if there is a dry spell on one console, you are sure to find something on the other. BTW that's not bragging, obviously that's not an option for everyone but there is plenty of people privileged enough here to understand what I'm saying I think.

And there is always the mighty pc to fall back on :yes:

Which is what has happened to me a lot recently. Falling back into my PC FPS and RTS days :p

Here, I'm a student and I own every platform this generation :p

Ok so, no, I don't have the expenses of maintaining a household/family yet, but I did need to work my ass off to pay for everything :laugh:

However, most of that money would probably of been more wisely spent on saving FOR my future household and family ... :pinch:

It's all about the games though... isn't.... it?

It isn't the fact they lost FFXIII, but that all they really have left now is MGS4 and then two sub-par shooter sequels which are being really hyped up (a lot of hype usually means disappointment). The PS3 is in a bad position right now, since half of the sony audience was FF fans, and that half just lost their reason to buy a $400 PS3 over $300 360. Unless they really really want Blu-Ray, the PS3 is in trouble.

Of course, the news that it will be a port might make the 360 version a bit lacking if it is half assed.

That's a bit narrow minded. Sony didn't lose FF13 at all.

It's multiplatform.

If you enjoyed other PS franchises alongside your favourite being FF, it doesn't mean now, lets use your 50%, it doesn't mean 50% automatically jump ship dude.

Gamers can't be read like a textbook and manipulated into 50% this, 50% that as easy as you think.

No console is in trouble at all this generation. Each one will have a different fatigue meter, they probably won't all run say, 10 years (what Sony aims for), but they're all going to do well.

No ones exiting this race, and no ones failing to get games on board. Each console will have AAA exclusives, and each console will share multiplatform games.

Some people seem to think there's only place for one console, and everything else is on a dooms day path. I don't buy into that at all.

I guess I'm against the one console future.

I find it hard to see people don't think that, but ah well, I'll or you'll be proven wrong in due time.

That's a bit narrow minded. Sony didn't lose FF13 at all.

It's multiplatform.

If you enjoyed other PS franchises alongside your favourite being FF, it doesn't mean now, lets use your 50%, it doesn't mean 50% automatically jump ship dude.

Gamers can't be read like a textbook and manipulated into 50% this, 50% that as easy as you think.

No console is in trouble at all this generation. Each one will have a different fatigue meter, they probably won't all run say, 10 years (what Sony aims for), but they're all going to do well.

I find it hard to see people don't think that, but ah well, I'll or you'll be proven wrong in due time.

I know, both have the game. But what about all those fans waiting for the game to buy a PS3? Many of them may have already bough an XB360 in that wait and might now see the 360 as their alternative and save themselves $100 plus a bit of tax. It destroys motivation for the PS3 since now it isn't a requirement.

I know, both have the game. But what about all those fans waiting for the game to buy a PS3? Many of them may have already bough an XB360 in that wait and might now see the 360 as their alternative and save themselves $100 plus a bit of tax. It destroys motivation for the PS3 since now it isn't a requirement.

You do realise FF13 won't be out for years, so $100 + tax is completely indeterminable.

We'll also have completely different libraries of games than we have now when FF13 comes out, and the hardware numbers we have just now will also be vastly different.

I don't see FF13 coming to english grounds till 2010 - That's two Christmases away, plus multiple price drops no doubt.

I guess what I'm saying is, damage will be done, but I think it's extremely unrealistic to try and jump into conclusions for now. The announcement has only just been made, heck Square haven't even shown us game play for crying out loud.

Especially conclusions that harvest estimates of gamers in the region of 50%.

No console is in trouble, unless your use of trouble is in the eye of the beholder - You may think/want to think they're in trouble, but I guess what I'm saying is what I said above - No one is exiting this console race, and every platform will have exclusives that sell and move hardware.

since half of the sony audience was FF fans

I mean, with the 50% comment/remark I was pointing out above, how can you really say a statement like the above and KNOW?

The PS2 sold 130 million units, and the PS1 roughly 100m or something. 50/60 million people did not buy FF ;)

To finish, like I said above, I don't know how people can throw Sony on the doomsday train and claim it's over from this announcement. It will damage them and make life that little bit harder (at least in the west, FF13 in Japan where FF sells most, is PS3 exclusive), but no one is doomed.

Lastly, sorry for being offtopic, but here's an overlook of FF sales since FF7

FF7

Total worldwide Sales: 9.72 Million

Japan: 3.93 M

US: 3.09 M

Other: 2.7 M

FF8

Total Worldwide Sales: 7.86 Million

Japan: 3.64 M

US: 2.34 M

Other: 1.88 M

FF9

Total Worldwide Sales: 5.3 Million

Japan: 2.8 M

US: 1.66 M

Other: .84 M

FF10

Total Worldwide Sales: 7.95 Million

Japan: 3.02 M

US: 2.74 M

Other: 2.19

FFX-2

Total Worldwide Sales: 5.21 Million

Japan: 2.41 M

US: 1.82 M

Other: .98 M

FF12

Total Worldwide Sales: 5.09 Million

Japan: 2.42 M

US: 1.83 M

Other: .84 M

FF7: 9.72 Million

FF8: 7.86 Million

FF9: 5.3 Million

FF10: 7.95 Million

FFX-2: 5.21 Million

FF12: 5.09 Million

ps. Square, right in front of you, there's your money tied up in FF7 ;)

Edited by Audioboxer

I see no reason what so ever that it wouldn't work on the 360 even if it has to be over multiple discs. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Kojima opt not to use compression to cut down sizes on the disc due to some preference towards uncompressed storage? If so thats one very obvious way to reduce the size without really changing much because IMHO theres really no reason not to use compression if the end result looks the same.

While I haven't played the game I would be EXTREMELY shocked if the game didn't fit onto 3 - 4 dvd's or roughly one per a chapter max. Just for comparisons sake my copy of Age of Conan here sits on two DVD's but when installed takes in excess of around 20 GB's so you certainly can bring the content down. Sure, much would need to be duplicated across discs if your not enforcing an install but I'd be absolutely amazed if they couldn't keep it under 4 discs and I'd be more inclined to think 3 would be quite realistic.

Besides the disc capacity issues I see no other reasons hardware wise for them not being able to do it.

Ok, maybe I worded that wrong. Half of the sony audience are RPG fans, and since most if not all the next gen RPGs are on the 360 inluding FFXIII, where is the motivation to purchase one for ANY RPG fan? Sony used to be the biggest RPG provider, now the only system they have that is still getting them is the PS2, which means the PS3 isn't getting attention. The PS3 is in trouble. I don't want it to be, but it is. The PS3 also has Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, but the system just isn't made for FPS. The pad itself isn't an FPS pad since not only does it lack triggers, but the buttons are levers. That is one of the most uncomfortable controllers I have ever used in a shooter, even against a mouse a keyboard.

Then we have the problem of most every PS3 exclusive shooter being no more than mediocre. I am not one to rely on track records but unless Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 bring something new to the table, they won't be looked at for long. Graphics only go so far in a game until the people stop looking at the cool textures and particle effects and start to focus more on the actual experience.

FFXIII may take another two years, but that is another two years for PS3 owners to buy a 360 which will also drop in price, and most likely faster as well. It is also a lot of time for the PS3 to lack an RPG when Fallout 3 and three other RPGs are being released for the 360... and then we have Huxley coming probably sometime next year or possibly this year.

Don't mistake what I am saying. When I say the PS3, I don't mean sony's console division. I mean the PS3 as a console. Sure, they will come out with the PS4 and everything should hopefully be fine and dandy then, but the PS3 won't every be fine and dandy at this point. Too much time has passed for them to catch up to MS. They better use what time they have left to at least make owning a PS3 worth it for gaming.

I'm just saying, from a gaming standpoint, the PS3 is in trouble. Even if die hard Sony fans don't want to think so, it is in trouble. I have personally stopped looking at the PS3 as a game console and merely as an entertainment center.

Edited by Emn1ty

Ok, maybe I worded that wrong. Half of the sony audience are RPG fans, and since most if not all the next gen RPGs are on the 360 inluding FFXIII, where is the motivation to purchase one for ANY RPG fan? Sony used to be the biggest RPG provider, now the only system they have that is still getting them is the PS2, which means the PS3 isn't getting attention. The PS3 is in trouble. I don't want it to be, but it is. The PS3 also has Resistance 2 and Killzone 2, but the system just isn't made for FPS. The pad itself isn't an FPS pad since not only does it lack triggers, but the buttons are levers. That is one of the most uncomfortable controllers I have ever used in a shooter, even against a mouse a keyboard.

Then we have the problem of most every PS3 exclusive shooter being no more than mediocre. I am not one to rely on track records but unless Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 bring something new to the table, they won't be looked at for long. Graphics only go so far in a game until the people stop looking at the cool textures and particle effects and start to focus more on the actual experience.

FFXIII may take another two years, but that is another two years for PS3 owners to buy a 360 which will also drop in price, and most likely faster as well. It is also a lot of time for the PS3 to lack an RPG when Fallout 3 and three other RPGs are being released for the 360... and then we have Huxley coming probably sometime next year or possibly this year.

I'm just saying, from a gaming standpoint, the PS3 is in trouble. Even if die hard Sony fans don't want to think so, it is in trouble. I have personally stopped looking at the PS3 as a game console and merely as an entertainment center.

Sums up why you believe it's not a gaming machine and probably why you've said most of which you've said above.

Anyway, sorry to hear that, you'll miss out on some good games most of us will be enjoying.

I only hope Sony can change your mindset so we can discuss the games if they critically deliver, because right now you've got a pretty damn grim outlook on the PS3. I respect, but I don't understand why it's as grim as you're saying, but you'd probably chuck me in with the die hard sony fans :p

Just be aware I'll say things have been rocky, and are still a little with quite a few Sony related things - games and service - , but I don't really share your views as heavily as yourself. After reading some of your posts if I didn't own a PS3, I'd of thought it was a complete train wreck.

I do agree Sony need more RPGs and FTR Fallout 3 is coming out on the PS3 as well ;)

Edited by Audioboxer

I tried to look at it as a gaming machine, since I am a gamer. I have been gaming since I was born, my first games being breakout, defender and many SNES games. My first console was the N64 and I have owned every generation of console since as well as played countless games on both them and the PC in that time.

The PS3, to me from even before it was released looked strange. I had high hopes but the closer it got to launch the lower those hopes got to the point when they released their specs on the system. When I read that hardware readout I wanted to shoot them. With that aside, the game linup is horrid. There is little to no reason to buy a PS3 over a 360 other than Metal Gear. It being on both systems is exactly the reason why Sony won't win. You can't say that a system will succeed just because the game isn't exclusive to other consoles. Exclusivity = motivation. Lack of exclusivity = lack of motivation.

With every lost exclusive, they start to chip away at reasons to buy the system for gaming. They lost DMC, Armored Core, FF (not exclusive, but still only on the PS3 for a good number of games) and also lost the edge in RPG gaming. The entire RPG aspect of Sony, one of the biggest in the business, died on the PS3. The shooter side of Sony never even lifted off really, yet they continue to punch it to death. I was going to buy the PS3 for MGS4 and DMC4 as well as a bit of possibly FF on the side. Now 2/3's of my motivation just went out the window since I already own a system that can play those games. Now all that is left to me is MGS4, and after playing the game for a bit I don't even know if I consider that motivation.

Fallout 3, why should I pay another $400 for the PS3 (or $500 for the backwards compatibility that I want) just to play a game that will work on my 360? Basically $340 cheaper that way. The 360 is a gaming machine, the PS3 is a an entertainment system that can play games... except it has no games! You can say that it will get games all you want but it has been over two god damn years and there aren't even over 3 worthwhile exclusives out. The 360 has Halo 3, Gears of War 1/2, Blue Dragon Fable 2, Rock Band 2... and these are all off the top of my head!

I tried to look at it as a gaming machine, since I am a gamer. I have been gaming since I was born, my first games being breakout, defender and many SNES games. My first console was the N64 and I have owned every generation of console since as well as played countless games on both them and the PC in that time.

The PS3, to me from even before it was released looked strange. I had high hopes but the closer it got to launch the lower those hopes got to the point when they released their specs on the system. When I read that hardware readout I wanted to shoot them. With that aside, the game linup is horrid. There is little to no reason to buy a PS3 over a 360 other than Metal Gear. It being on both systems is exactly the reason why Sony won't win. You can't say that a system will succeed just because the game isn't exclusive to other consoles. Exclusivity = motivation. Lack of exclusivity = lack of motivation.

With every lost exclusive, they start to chip away at reasons to buy the system for gaming. They lost DMC, Armored Core, FF (not exclusive, but still only on the PS3 for a good number of games) and also lost the edge in RPG gaming. The entire RPG aspect of Sony, one of the biggest in the business, died on the PS3. The shooter side of Sony never even lifted off really, yet they continue to punch it to death. I was going to buy the PS3 for MGS4 and DMC4 as well as a bit of possibly FF on the side. Now 2/3's of my motivation just went out the window since I already own a system that can play those games. Now all that is left to me is MGS4, and after playing the game for a bit I don't even know if I consider that motivation.

Fallout 3, why should I pay another $400 for the PS3 (or $500 for the backwards compatibility that I want) just to play a game that will work on my 360? Basically $340 cheaper that way. The 360 is a gaming machine, the PS3 is a an entertainment system that can play games... except it has no games! You can say that it will get games all you want but it has been over two god damn years and there aren't even over 3 worthwhile exclusives out. The 360 has Halo 3, Gears of War 1/2, Blue Dragon Fable 2, Rock Band 2... and these are all off the top of my head!

Oh but cmon, you're coming across like there is no reason to buy a PS3 for any multiplatform title, and that anything on the two consoles should be played on a 360.

There is a choice involved with multiplatform and people choose to go both ways - That's not an assumption, it's a fact.

I'm sorry, but you are really starting to come across as very biased with comments like these...

There is little to no reason to buy a PS3 over a 360 other than Metal Gear.
the PS3 is a an entertainment system that can play games... except it has no games!
You can't say that a system will succeed just because the game isn't exclusive to other consoles. Exclusivity = motivation. Lack of exclusivity = lack of motivation.

Good thing outside of FF13 there is other PS3 exclusives and PSN exclusives.

You can say that it will get games all you want but it has been over two god damn years

Under 2 years actually - PS3 launched November 2006 in USA and Japan, and March 2007 in Europe. 2 years in November 08/March 09 and by then LBP and Resistance 2, and maybe even Motorstorm 2 will be out. Plus hopefully Socom and Wipeout and other PSN titles... ect, ect, ect.

To be honest, no point in me trying to talk to you about the PS3, you have a very bad outlook on it, full stop. I wasn't trying to change your mind, just find out why you have the PS3 on the dooms day train, but I guess I have my answer clarified now.

In fact after reading everything again, all it is is your a 360 owner that sees no reason to buy a PS3. Fair enough, but you can't take your approach and apply it to half/all the gaming world and therefore conclude the PS3 has no/a grim future.

I truly feel every console has an awesome future ahead of them and each 3 will succeed in doing well with gamers, so that's the reason I'm very shocked with your outlook, just in case your wondering why I seem surprised with what you're saying :)

Maybe Sony should quit talking smack about 360 and concentrate on trying to match their game library.

*Sigh*

This comment was made during a Sony E3 Press Conference.

It is not smack talk, it's bigging up MGS4 as an exclusive, and pushing BR, seeing as you know, that's the format Sony are backing and trying to make look good.

The gaming world is full of idiots who for whatever reason feel it's smack talk though because they take offence to the idea of something being told to them it can't come out on their system. Rather than just passing it off as top level PR you'd expect to hear from a spearhead figure of Sony/the PS3 such as Jack Tretton.

In case you didn't see,

“Metal Gear Solid is not only exclusive on PS3 – it’s only possible on PS3, thanks in part to Blu-Ray."

No where does Jack directly say the 360.

So people go mental, run spin, and start whining like a bunch of idiots at the notion that phrase above means MGS4 "can't" be done on the 360.

It's tiring reading this crap from gaming websites/journalists (see title of this article, and refer to Jack's comment - Does not directly say 360 anywhere. But I bet people in this thread just read the title then hit reply), and tiring seeing gamers argue over and over for pages because they're wanting a say on how the game "technically" could be ported, could be multiplatform, blah blah blah.

^^

I only own a PS3.

Getting quite disappointed with the ever-present delays on all games - is this a technical fault or a financial fault?

Well if you have problems with delays fair enough, but this title isn't to do with delays and I was just pointing out how this being churned off as direct smack talk and some sort of unholy statement against the 360 is starting to wear me thin.

As for your question I have no idea what the answer is, sorry.

This title might not be directly involved by delays but surely Sony needs to start getting a bit more iron-fisted with developers and their timelines?

Although, judging by Home so far, Sony aren't exactly winning the battle for time limits either :/

Perhaps it is just the way you've worded your thread title but it comes across as smacktalk :)

This title might not be directly involved by delays but surely Sony needs to start getting a bit more iron-fisted with developers and their timelines?

Although, judging by Home so far, Sony aren't exactly winning the battle for time limits either :/

Perhaps it is just the way you've worded your thread title but it comes across as smacktalk :)

? Me?

This is PiracyX's topic.

He copied the title from the journalists report (which is what you do when posting news). I said above I have a beef when journalists spin titles for reactions though.

Why couldn't they just have put Jack's quote? - "Metal Gear Solid is not only exclusive on PS3 – it’s only possible on PS3, thanks in part to Blu-Ray."

Maybe cut it down to something like "MGS4 only possible on PS3, thanks in part to Blu-Ray." ?

Yeah people would start the usual arguments we've seen in here, but it would cut down on some of the hostility idiots come away with because they read the title and assume Sony actually said

"MGS4 can not be done on a 360".

Which as I pointed out, he didn't say.

Anyway I wouldn't even of been reporting on Jacks comment if I were a gaming website, the whole MGS4 BR arguments were discussed and beaten to death so many times in the past, even months before MGS4s release.

However gaming websites can't help but get themselves involved in a good bit of controversy, get's them hits which = revenue you see :hmmm:

And such huge percentages of gamers this generation can't help follow controversy and arguments around like flies to a good pile of ****.

Edited by Audioboxer

Oh but cmon, you're coming across like there is no reason to buy a PS3 for any multiplatform title, and that anything on the two consoles should be played on a 360.

There is a choice involved with multiplatform and people choose to go both ways - That's not an assumption, it's a fact.

I'm sorry, but you are really starting to come across as very biased with comments like these...

I know its a fact, but then there are very different reasons PS3's are being purchased. Blu Ray is one of them. People want HD movies, they buy the PS3. This is why I say it is an entertainment system that plays games. That is how Sony markets it, and that is basically what the game library is supporting due to lack of any great titles. And I never said they should be played on the 360, merely that there is less motivation to play something on a more expensive system both in buying and using when you can just as easily play it on a less expensive system with a sadly much better online service and customer support. Not to say PSN isn't good, just that XBL is just ahead of it. Not to mention the low fee ensures it stays quality.

Good thing outside of FF13 there is other PS3 exclusives and PSN exclusives.

Such as?

Under 2 years actually - PS3 launched November 2006 in USA and Japan, and March 2007 in Europe. 2 years in November 08/March 09 and by then LBP and Resistance 2, and maybe even Motorstorm 2 will be out. Plus hopefully Socom and Wipeout and other PSN titles... ect, ect, ect.

To be honest, no point in me trying to talk to you about the PS3, you have a very bad outlook on it, full stop. I wasn't trying to change your mind, just find out why you have the PS3 on the dooms day train, but I guess I have my answer clarified now.

In fact after reading everything again, all it is is your a 360 owner that sees no reason to buy a PS3. Fair enough, but you can't take your approach and apply it to half/all the gaming world and therefore conclude the PS3 has no/a grim future.

I'm not just a 360 owner. I was contemplating purchasing both consoles, but as time passed there is less reason for me to purchase the PS3. That is a bad thing for sony, whether you think so or not. The consoles aren't about being better than each other, merely selling your console. You can own more than one, but allowing people to not have a reason to own more than one is not so good. I want a reason to buy a PS3, but none of these titles you listed are anywhere near motivating me to dish out the $400-$500's required to play them. Resistance was a mediocre game, and with the intensely huge claims of 64 player online just makes me afraid the game will fail. Then there is Motorstorm, which was fun but mediocre as well. I hope the second game is better, but there is no knowing until release. Wipeout HD is something I do look forward too, unfortunately that in itself isn't something I would pay that much for. Socom, lastly, just wasn't a good game IMO.

I truly feel every console has an awesome future ahead of them and each 3 will succeed in doing well with gamers, so that's the reason I'm very shocked with your outlook, just in case your wondering why I seem surprised with what you're saying :)

The PS3 isn't doing well with gamers, as this PS3 owner here is telling you. Constant delays on games, loss of exclusive titles, and then the game installs... good lord. All these are things that the 360 either doesn't have issues with or doesn't deal with often.

I know its a fact, but then there are very different reasons PS3's are being purchased. Blu Ray is one of them. People want HD movies, they buy the PS3. This is why I say it is an entertainment system that plays games. That is how Sony markets it, and that is basically what the game library is supporting due to lack of any great titles. And I never said they should be played on the 360, merely that there is less motivation to play something on a more expensive system both in buying and using when you can just as easily play it on a less expensive system with a sadly much better online service and customer support. Not to say PSN isn't good, just that XBL is just ahead of it. Not to mention the low fee ensures it stays quality.

Such as?

I'm not just a 360 owner. I was contemplating purchasing both consoles, but as time passed there is less reason for me to purchase the PS3. That is a bad thing for sony, whether you think so or not. The consoles aren't about being better than each other, merely selling your console. You can own more than one, but allowing people to not have a reason to own more than one is not so good. I want a reason to buy a PS3, but none of these titles you listed are anywhere near motivating me to dish out the $400-$500's required to play them. Resistance was a mediocre game, and with the intensely huge claims of 64 player online just makes me afraid the game will fail. Then there is Motorstorm, which was fun but mediocre as well. I hope the second game is better, but there is no knowing until release. Wipeout HD is something I do look forward too, unfortunately that in itself isn't something I would pay that much for. Socom, lastly, just wasn't a good game IMO.

The PS3 isn't doing well with gamers, as this PS3 owner here is telling you. Constant delays on games, loss of exclusive titles, and then the game installs... good lord. All these are things that the 360 either doesn't have issues with or doesn't deal with often.

Look I really am not in a position to try and force you to believe the PS3 is a viable gaming platform. It seems only Sony will be able to do that. I'm only a single gamer, sharing my experiences as a gamer who owns all the platforms.

I'm actually tired with these arguments (I mean argument in the civil discussion sense, not in the negative sense) and spent far too much of my time in the past on Neowin entering them.

You're spending so much time talking about prices, delays, game installs, how you don't think there is any exclusives apart from FF13, how the PS3 isn't a gaming platform, ect, ect ,ect.

I know you don't see the PS3 as a viable platform, but I do.

I'm not doing any more discussion on trying to prove/disprove what you're saying.

IMO There doesn't really seem to be any room for leverage anyway, you really dislike the PS3, that's it. Fair enough, that's cool. I've learned on here if someone is so far on one side of the scale of "dislike ---- like", if I can call it a scale of that, there isn't much room for conversation anyway. You both get to say your bit, and let the other party read, but if it's disagree all around, it's sometimes best just to leave it at that.

If not you both just go back and forwards like a yo-yo, or around like a roundabout when someone is far to one side of the scale. It's when people are in the middle, or only say 3/4 of the way, you can sometimes get into a good discussion that might change peoples minds - Not change through force, just change through the discussion, and them getting to digest opinions from another viewpoint they may not of thought of previously.

That's it, cut and dry from what I can see.

Edited by Audioboxer