The Dark Knight (2008)

just went to see it last night (Australia).

Has easily entered my top 10 i would rate it 9.75/10.

Through the whole movie it never let up, some of the scenes even made me cringe.

Heath Ledgers performance was brilliant as was the rest of the cast, for me one of the most notable was Aaron Eckhart.

One of the best movies i have seen in the last few years i highly recommend going to see it if you dont you will be missing out.

im going to say 9.75/10 or DoublePlusGood (Y)

One question, PM if others might consider it a spoiler. How does it end for the Joker, did they leave it really open, ie. expecting him to return for a 3rd, or did they end it well enough that he wouldn't need to return.

One question, PM if others might consider it a spoiler. How does it end for the Joker, did they leave it really open, ie. expecting him to return for a 3rd, or did they end it well enough that he wouldn't need to return.

SPOILERS NO NO NO !!

With reviews stating "better than Batman Begins," I can't wait to see this movie myself. I'll be glad to post my own review when I do; though I am sure you won't need my approval to see this movie.

And btw, spoilers with spoiler tags, plz.

I'm going to see it Saturday with a friend :)

^ Helps if you could stay in one comics universe lol

The Joker Survives

And the movie was brilliant, very very good. Really breaks the mould for an action hero movie in that you could have replaced batman completly and it would have still been a bloody brilliant mob movie. Unlike alot of other hero films batmans powers aren't whats brought to the fore here and instead it's far more story driven.

Seriously Ledger was so good. The way he darted his eyes about or popped his tongue in and out or his limped walk. It all just was so well done. I may be a bit biased being Australian but I really hope he gets an Academy award nomination at least for the role because it was just that good to watch. Seriously I preferred watching the Jokers scenes to Batmans because they just were so interesting and unpredictable and thats saying a bit with Christian Bale being IMHO arguably Hollywood's most talented actors.

Edited by Smigit

you could have replaced batman completly and it would have still been a bloody brilliant mob movie.

Very true.

Heath steals the movie. Two-Face is awesome too. There is just so much to see and so much going on. I thought it was going to end shortly after a big chase sequence but it went for another hour, and I loved it!

My only real criticism was the lack of blood. I don't want anything as full-on as the latest Rambo, but this was a dark movie and would have suited it. Instead it seemed toned so they could get their PG rating.

9/10.

Edited by nexx

The Dark Knight was simply the best Action-Hero Movie Ever... It makes Spiderman look like an insect..This Movie Lived up to the hype.

Read on but Beware.. There are many Spoilers ahead.

Heath Ledger Played The Joker so well! I mean the whole facial expressions where so top notch..

My only real criticism was the lack of blood. I don't want anything as full-on as the latest Rambo, but this was a dark movie and would have suited it. Instead it seemed toned so they could get their PG rating.

Highly agree with that!.. The scene where Batman Confronts the Joker where he's locked up, The Joker took a hell of a beating.. yet little blood?

I love Movie Scores - and The Dark Night has one of the best Scores, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard, make the best Movie Soundtracks I know of! The Score from The Dark Knight was Mostly from Batman Begins but still... Brilliant.

I loved how Lieutenant James Gordon Faked the whole death thing, Kept me wondering... It's too early for him to die.. And No This has to be some setup

Did anyone Jump off their seats when: Batman had those white Eyes? - I am sorry to all other Directors, but they never EVER! followed that concept! I am Glad Nolan Stepped up and Did this, My god this made me so Happy to see Batman Like we have seen him in Cartoons but never in movies..I love Christian Bale, He makes Batman for what he is: "The Dark Knight" The whole when he puts on the Batsuit his voice changes.. Superb! Was this Nolans Idea? I don't see the older Batmans doing this. Christian Bale is the best Bruce Wayne/ Batman No one will be able to play him like Christian Bale So again.. Well Done Nolan I salute you as My favorite Movie Director... EVER. Its just the little things in the movie that make me love Nolan's Views, Like:

How the Joker Used his tongue and moved his eyes, Combed his hair with a knife?, Dressed up as a Nurse - THAT was pure gold, and when he was waiting for the final bomb to go off - his facial & body expressions where just GOLD. The Voice that Heath Ledger was so dark and evil but most of the time it was just like a clown.

There are 2 things I don't get.. One being:

Did Harvey/Two-Face Die? - If So? Don't you think its a little to early for that? Two-Face Only got such Little Screentime IMHO Aaron Eckhart played him so well, I didn't think he would.. but hell No one thought at the start of shooting The Dark Knight Heath Ledger would play A good joker.

And the other: "The Dark Knight" - Thats the title.. yes?.. but why was the movie so dark, and had little color.. was it the theatre I went to or did everyone who watched the movie think that.. It was a little too dark.

Did anyone stay after the credits? if So was there something I missed? Maybe Something Indicating to The Dark Knight 2? or Batman Returns 2?

This movie gets a 9.5 out of 10 - I wanted to know what happened to Two-Face and The Joker.. This can't be the end of Two-Face.. not so sudden.. its to early to kill him off and did Batman Just leave the Joker Hanging there?

Edited by Jase

The Dark Knight was simply the best Action-Hero Movie Ever... It makes Spiderman look like an insect..This Movie Lived up to the hype.

Read on but Beware.. There are many Spoilers ahead.

Heath Ledger Played The Joker so well! I mean the whole facial expressions where so top notch..

Highly agree with that!.. The scene where Batman Confronts the Joker where he's locked up, The Joker took a hell of a beating.. yet little blood?

I loved how Lieutenant James Gordon Faked the whole death thing, Kept me wondering... It's too early for him to die.. And No This has to be some setup

Did anyone Jump off their seats when: Batman had those white Eyes? - I am sorry to all other Directors, but they never EVER! followed that concept! I am Glad Nolan Stepped up and Did this, My god this made me so Happy to see Batman Like we have seen him in Cartoons but never in movies..I love Christian Bale, He makes Batman for what he is: "The Dark Knight" The whole when he puts on the Batsuit his voice changes.. Superb! Was this Nolans Idea? I don't see the older Batmans doing this. Christian Bale is the best Bruce Wayne/ Batman No one will be able to play him like Christian Bale So again.. Well Done Nolan I salute you as My favorite Movie Director... EVER. Its just the little things in the movie that make me love Nolan's Views, Like:

How the Joker Used his tongue and moved his eyes, Combed his hair with a knife?, Dressed up as a Nurse - THAT was pure gold, and when he was waiting for the final bomb to go off - his facial & body expressions where just GOLD. The Voice that Heath Ledger was so dark and evil but most of the time it was just like a clown.

There are 2 things I don't get.. One being:

Did Harvey/Two-Face Die? - If So? Don't you think its a little to early for that? Two-Face Only got such Little Screentime IMHO Aaron Eckhart played him so well, I didn't think he would.. but hell No one thought at the start of shooting The Dark Knight Heath Ledger would play A good joker.

And the other: "The Dark Knight" - Thats the title.. yes?.. but why was the movie so dark, and had little color.. was it the theatre I went to or did everyone who watched the movie think that.. It was a little too dark.

Did anyone stay after the credits? if So was there something I missed? Maybe Something Indicating to The Dark Knight 2? or Batman Returns 2?

This movie gets a 9.5 out of 10 - I wanted to know what happened to Two-Face and The Joker.. This can't be the end of Two-Face.. not so sudden.. its to early to kill him off and did Batman Just leave the Joker Hanging there?

100% agreed with your opinions but IMO: I really don't remember Batman's eyes being white but a little blue.. I missed the credits though :( so I wonder if there are any thing which may points to Batman 3 if any. I loved the bit when the Joker tried to bomb the hospital but it didn't explode as it should :lol: Also I did remember when watching Batman Begins Behind the Scenes or somewhere that once Bruce Wayne was in the Batsuit he becomes some sort of maniac or crazy.

100% agreed with your opinions but IMO: I really don't remember Batman's eyes being white but a little blue.. I missed the credits though :( so I wonder if there are any thing which may points to Batman 3 if any. I loved the bit when the Joker tried to bomb the hospital but it didn't explode as it should :lol: Also I did remember when watching Batman Begins Behind the Scenes or somewhere that once Bruce Wayne was in the Batsuit he becomes some sort of maniac or crazy.

Batmans Eyes have always been White.. every cartoon with Batman has had White eyes.

I have no idea what you are talking about, Batman in a batsuit as a maniac crazy person.....whaaaaaaaa?

Not gonna look at any spoilers. Wanna see this SO bad. Supposed to be going to see it at Imax on the 30th of July but might cave and go see it anyway before then on the normal big screen! :)

Not gonna look at any spoilers. Wanna see this SO bad. Supposed to be going to see it at Imax on the 30th of July but might cave and go see it anyway before then on the normal big screen! :)

I want to look so bad too.... and the sad part is that I don't know when I'll see this movie. Chances are I won't see it until it comes out on DVD :cry:

I want to look so bad too.... and the sad part is that I don't know when I'll see this movie. Chances are I won't see it until it comes out on DVD :cry:

What!!?? Howcome?

What!!?? Howcome?

Money and time man, money and time. Every little bit I can hold on to, I will, though I do have some money sitting in my Paypal account...

I think in terms of color it was actually one of the brightest batman films. Certainly alot brighter than say the 2nd half of Batman begins or what I remember of the original 2 batman films with the Joker and Penguin. I mean alot will be dark but thats just Batman and Gothem City for you...that and batman is sort of a night ranger sort of thing.

Ohh and there was nothing after the credits. We stayed in case but yeah, nothing after them.

My local theater first showing its tonight at 00:00 and Im gonna be there :shifty:

I am the same way but not because I don't have the time or money but because I loathe cinemas so bad.