The Dark Knight (2008)

not really a spoiler but..did anyone notice this: Mayor wore mascara or eyeliner

i noticed that as well.

and ive actually seen him wearing it in quite a few of the roles hes played.

not really a spoiler but..did anyone notice this: Mayor wore mascara or eyeliner

and to all saying that Maggie didn't do a good job as Kate did in Batman Begins.. I personally think she did a great job, its the other way around.. Kate Holmes is overrated.. she can't act at all.. and when she does it looks like some sort of high school drama.

I am glad Nolan picked Maggie to play Rachel... She an Upcoming actor.. and a good one at that (Y)

Personally gotta disagree. I normally love Maggie's movies and her performances, believe me, but I just couldn't get attached to her character at all in this. Even at the one moment you would think that'd be easiest (not going to say anything for the people who haven't seen it). And, yes, Holmes normally gives a weak performance, but she did a great job in Batman Begins.

Holmes wasn't good in Begins, Maggie was good in this. I'm glad Holmes never returned.

I thought that girl looked like Holmes. I didn't get attached to the first film so i didn't know it was the same character.

Holmes wasn't good in Begins, Maggie was good in this. I'm glad Holmes never returned.

Maggie had almost no emotion, though. There was no connection to Dent or Wayne with Rachel this time. She was just... there. Had she not been in the movie, I wouldn't have cared one bit.

Ledger was so good as the Joker, it's a shame we won't be able to see him back for the third. I for one, did not get enough of him at all.

For those who saw it on IMAX, which scenes were made for it? I know the prologue was.

Very good flick. Even with the hype I wasn't disappointed. The pacing was almost too consistant though, while there were no lulls in the action I'll echo a previous poster in that it detracted from the climax in a way. I'm still trying to process it all. A great dark tale, befitting the title.

Heath did a great job. While I don't think he and Jack can be directly compared, after seeing it I do prefer the sloppy joker. He's just ****ing creepy and brilliant, somethink Jack never really conveyed. Not to mention Dent, holy crap did they do a job with him. He is the gold standard. Bale is good enough as usual. (Though I'm kinda disappointed that he is now going to be John Connor as well) I have to agree that Maggie's performance could have been a lot better. As the story for her reached a critical junction, I couldn't help but remember Katie.

Most importantly, Batman saved the Joker unlike in Burton's flick. The allusions to terrorism as well were good food for thought. I'm glad Fox's faith was upheld.

OMG I just saw it yesterday afternoon. I friggin loved this movie, I was tempted to go see it again today but just did not have time. It is def. a must see and I was truly sad watching Heath play the Joker knowing that he has passed on but damn if he was not a good Joker blows away Jack IMHO. And for those of you that might download this via a torrent somewhere you should hit yourself for not paying to see it. I cannot wait for the DVD even though its prob like 3 months away!!!!

I just went to see it today, it was a pretty good movie for the first part, but by the last 45 minutes, I was starting to get a little bored with the movie.

In my opinion, the Joker was very scary looking.

Saw it.

Better than Begins, and waaaaaay better than Burton's Batman. Burton's still had campy, overly stylized elements, where as TDK was more of a gritty crime drama with guys in costumes.

Personally, I felt the pacing was off and it did detract from the last hour of the movie. It began to feel too long.

As far as performances go, Ledger's outshone everyone else's. He truly lived the role. Intelligent, twisted, disturbed, lost -- amazing. I couldn't imagine anyone else topping that performance.

The only other performance that even ranked for me was Aaron Eckhart's. Everyone else was there and doing his or her part, but nothing earth-shattering.

I don't know that I'd rank this in the top twenty of all-time great movies, but I certainly enjoyed it.

8.5/10

Ledger was so good as the Joker, it's a shame we won't be able to see him back for the third. I for one, did not get enough of him at all.

For those who saw it on IMAX, which scenes were made for it? I know the prologue was.

Agree with you about Ledger, hopefully there are deleted scenes so we can see more, he was incredible.

As for the IMAX scenes, nearly every shot of the city was done in IMAX and it looked incredible, so big and so much depth. Various other scenes had some shots in IMAX and some not. Problem for me though is since IMAX cameras have a different aspect ratios I would have black bars during other scenes. So throughout the movie you could easily tell which was IMAX and which wasn't.

Problem for me though is since IMAX cameras have a different aspect ratios I would have black bars during other scenes. So throughout the movie you could easily tell which was IMAX and which wasn't.

Was that annoying? Because I'm planning to go again in IMAX.

I saw it today. I was underwhelmed. I may have to see it again though - the more I think about it, the more awesome it seems to have been. I think the headache that set in about half-way through the movie may have tainted my experience :(

To me I think what was said above about the pacing being maybe too consistent rings true. I was waiting for something huge to happen, or something unexpected or some twist or something and I didn't get it - I got pretty much exactly what I thought I would get the whole way through and I think it detracted from other aspects that really made the movie kickass.

Don't get me wrong though - I still think it was a really good movie.

-Spenser

I saw it today. I was underwhelmed. I may have to see it again though - the more I think about it, the more awesome it seems to have been. I think the headache that set in about half-way through the movie may have tainted my experience :(

To me I think what was said above about the pacing being maybe too consistent rings true. I was waiting for something huge to happen, or something unexpected or some twist or something and I didn't get it - I got pretty much exactly what I thought I would get the whole way through and I think it detracted from other aspects that really made the movie kickass.

Don't get me wrong though - I still think it was a really good movie.

-Spenser

See it again. If you were underwhelmed. You will most probably like it better the 2nd time!

i give it a 9.9 our of 10, all it was missing was a good flash of nice bewbies lol. Other then that I saw it in IMAX and OMG i felt like i was gonna fall off some buildings lol. Amazing movie. Best movie I've seen in a looooong time. hands down best comic book movie ever. It will be tough for the 3rd movie to top this one.

9.9/10 This movie ABSOLUTELY ROCKED!!!!!, Heather Ledger was mind blowing.

I so wanna go watch this again, waiting for the DVD already. :)

9.9/10 This movie ABSOLUTELY ROCKED!!!!!, Heather Ledger was mind blowing.

I so wanna go watch this again, waiting for the DVD already. :)

Agreed I hope the dvd version has at least 2 more hours of ledger uncut :p

i give it a 9.9 our of 10, all it was missing was a good flash of nice bewbies lol. Other then that I saw it in IMAX and OMG i felt like i was gonna fall off some buildings lol. Amazing movie. Best movie I've seen in a looooong time. hands down best comic book movie ever. It will be tough for the 3rd movie to top this one.

I'll give it a 10/10 then, since I was SOOO glad that Nolan didn't ice Maggie up like they did Katie before every scene. Katie acting was bad enough, but then having to see such a blatant pandering to pubescent hetero boys was really annoying. Maggie is another class of actor though, and I'm glad that she didn't stoop to Katie's level.

I saw it friday night, almost didnt see it at all. My friend and I were planning on seeing the 9pm showing, but tickets sold out 6 hours before hand so we saw it at 11:30. I must say simply amazing, this movie has taken batman to a whole new level and raised the bar on superhero comic movies. Ledger was amazing and Christian Bale was much better also.

You really cant compare this to Burtons rendition this was much more enjoyable to watch.

Some of my favorite moments...won't give away too much

I can make this pen disappear....

and

Do you know how I got these scars....

Just saw the movie couple of hours ago and I thought it was more of a drama than action movie. I did like the joker thought and there was way too much of Dent & Rachel.

They could just as easily have covered it up like they did with Gordon's death to preserve his image and inspire the people of Gotham. For me it's hard to say if he is really dead.

I've been arguing this with friends lately and they all seemed to have forgotten that all we saw was the PRESS CONFERENCE for Harvey Dent. Batman told Gordon that the people need a hero (or something like that) and so obviously they are going to put up an image of Dent before the accident. I wouldn't be surprised if he IS alive, somewhere...