Rachel has arrived!

What a way to make yourself know to the community. I'm not here that long either but I discovered very quickly there are some great, funny and knowledgable people here at your service.

Hope you like what you find here, but then again, first impressions are everything and Neowin obviously made one on you and you definately seem to have made one on Neowin.

Welcome, Rachel! (nice website, btw!)

I'm glad you enjoyed my little website. In fact, it actually goes "officially" live today on August 1st! For those of you wondering, my website (Rachel on the go) is about adventure games. I'd be very pleased if you visit me.

And thanks again everyone for all your nice welcome posts! I'm really glad I joined you!

:kiss: :kiss:

Not only is it rare enough to find females on Neowin, but Rachel is a female gamer too!

A double whammy of omgwtf! :p

Welcome to Neowin, and make sure to visit the Gamer's Hangout :)

Pfft, I didn't get this many Welcomes form the community when I joined, I haz teh boobies too! :p

Welcome though, hope you enjoy your stay, it is indeed a wonderful magic place, minus the unicorns and fairies (not counting giggilypickles :rofl:) :D

Pfft, I didn't get this many Welcomes form the community when I joined, I haz teh boobies too! :p

Thats because you didn't proclaim you were a girl. :p

Or maybe people assumed you had man boobies.

Welcome to neowin boobies or not :) :D

Thats because you didn't proclaim you were a girl. :p

Or maybe people assumed you had man boobies.

Hey, you know what's funny? I never actually proclaimed myself to be a girl, you guys just assumed that on your own. But that's where the dichotomy enters. You all want to see me as a girl, but you're having a hard time believing it's true. And though I can assure you that I am a girl, you shouldn't believe that the female type never browses the Internet or plays a game or two. Most girls I know are pretty talkative and enjoy sharing an opinion, hence the interest in discussion forums.

I mean, I grew up with game designers like Roberta Williams, Jane Jensen, Lorelei Shannon, and Lori Ann Cole. All these awesome women were genuine nerd gamers, like what I've become. And do you read PC Gamer? Looky here, who's the Editor-in-Chief? Well it's the Uber-cool Kristen Salvatore! And what about the amazing Telltale Games community superstar Emily Morganti? Well, I'm sure you all get my point.

But above all, the one thing I want you guys to know is that I am very pleased by the way you welcomed me. In the end, it matters not how you want to see me. I am Rachel, I tend to stick to the bare truth, and I love computers.

Neowin is awesome. :wub:

Hey, you know what's funny? I never actually proclaimed myself to be a girl, you guys just assumed that on your own. But that's where the dichotomy enters. You all want to see me as a girl, but you're having a hard time believing it's true. And though I can assure you that I am a girl, you shouldn't believe that the female type never browses the Internet or plays a game or two. Most girls I know are pretty talkative and enjoy sharing an opinion, hence the interest in discussion forums.

I mean, I grew up with game designers like Roberta Williams, Jane Jensen, Lorelei Shannon, and Lori Ann Cole. All these awesome women were genuine nerd gamers, like what I've become. And do you read PC Gamer? Looky here, who's the Editor-in-Chief? Well it's the Uber-cool Kristen Salvatore! And what about the amazing Telltale Games community superstar Emily Morganti? Well, I'm sure you all get my point.

But above all, the one thing I want you guys to know is that I am very pleased by the way you welcomed me. In the end, it matters not how you want to see me. I am Rachel, I tend to stick to the bare truth, and I love computers.

all we are missing now age :laugh:

Edited by warwagon

Indeed it is!

Very well put. The attention you grabbed is quite alarming. I must say this is probably the first thread beyond 2 pages that I have actually read EVERY post. Welcome to Neowin, alot of fun and educated people here.

And though I can assure you that I am a girl, you shouldn't believe that the female type never browses the Internet or plays a game or two.

I speak more as a part of the Neowin community than as a staff member here when I say that I am ashamed at how many replies this thread got. Of course, I think it's great you got such a huge welcoming, but to me it screams out "OMG A GIRL ON NEOWINZ". It gives the feeling that this is a boys-only forum, and whilst we all know that isn't true, it's still a bit odd that this is the longest introduction thread so far.