Rachel has arrived!

I got less than a page for my welcome, you get 7+ :(

I'm pretty sure these numbers have nothing to do with her gender at all.. Yep definitely not! :rolleyes: :shiftyninja:

(It's only showing 4 pages cause I have mine set to display 30 posts/pg)

post-69069-1218101937_thumb.png

I have not posted for yeeeears. But freelance film editor? Now thats a job. :)

I am a somewhat amateur "indie filmmaker" (student) myself, and i am interested in all such items film or related.

So do ya do editing only -> and whats your pick of program?

oh dear, here come the star trek pics lol, trust rappy

I found that earlier and thought this was a good thread to use it....your lucky might of been a lolcat :p

I think this has shown us all that pretending to be a woman on the internet will get us further than lying about being a 40+ overweight bloke by the name of Phil. (sorry to any overweight Phils. :p )

Can you imagine the chaos if Rappy was a hot girl with how often he is on here, it would bring madness to the board I tell you! :rofl:

Edited by Corris

I think this has shown us all that pretending to be a woman on the internet will get us further than lying about being a 40+ overweight bloke by the name of Phil. (sorry to any overweight Phils. :p )

Sorry, but I think the joke ain't funny anymore. Basically, you're saying I'm a liar. Ok then, let me ask you, what do you know about me, exactly? If you can't see any reason for a girl to join Neowin, not only do you have a sexist opinion of your community, but you also end up carrying lots of outdated beliefs. Tell you what, if you simply can't fathom the truth about me, then just close your eyes and imagine I'm a freakin' ELEPHANT, and leave me be now. If it doesn't work, try a dang talking SQUIRREL! I believe a visit to the outside world is long overdue my friend. So lay down those big muscles of yours, brush your teeth, put on a nice shirt, and for Heaven's sake, leave your house! Why not just go to an Internet cafe? You'll meet plenty of girls fiddling with their laptops and writing blogs, forum posts, polishing school work, and whatnot. I for one know quite a few such girls. Come ON! This ain't the 80s anymore. My God, wake up to 2008 already!

Gee...

hmmm whats all this noise over a girl? lol...seriously...

if you are deprived..try craigslist.org --> w4m section ..who cares if its a girl or a guy or something inbetween.

l8r

Sorry, but I think the joke ain't funny anymore. Basically, you're saying I'm a liar. Ok then, let me ask you, what do you know about me, exactly? If you can't see any reason for a girl to join Neowin, not only do you have a sexist opinion of your community, but you also end up carrying lots of outdated beliefs. Tell you what, if you simply can't fathom the truth about me, then just close your eyes and imagine I'm a freakin' ELEPHANT, and leave me be now. If it doesn't work, try a dang talking SQUIRREL! I believe a visit to the outside world is long overdue my friend. So lay down those big muscles of yours, brush your teeth, put on a nice shirt, and for Heaven's sake, leave your house! Why not just go to an Internet cafe? You'll meet plenty of girls fiddling with their laptops and writing blogs, forum posts, polishing school work, and whatnot. I for one know quite a few such girls. Come ON! This ain't the 80s anymore. My God, wake up to 2008 already!

Gee...

Wow Rachel nice reply, i got your email and headed over to see what you had written, have a good day today xx

Gee...

Well thank you for that.

My post was in reply to Zombiefly's post on the previous page, but it wasn't quoted for whatever reason. and I do like making jokes at Rappys expense.

But it was nice of you to jump down my throat, a few things, firstly I don't have big muscles, I clean my teeth, I generally wear t-shirts and not shirts, and I leave my house quite regularly.

I know very well Girls use the internet etc etc, my gf uses it far more than I do.

I was born at the end of the 80's so couldn't tell you what it was like during, but I have grown up around girls using computers etc for all sorts of things, I usually do every day when I am in uni and most of my friends are girls, they even quite regualary kick my ass at games and build their own pc's.

I never called you a liar, the post wasn't even aimed towards you, but it was nice of you to presume such things about me in return.

I didn't say anything about a girl not joining Neowin, hell, I welcome it, it is always nice to see people post who don't have sucha n ego behidn them like men generally seem to.

So I am sorry if you mistook what I said, but it was only a joke and such thigns on the internet shouldnt be taken so seriously, and there was no reason to reply in sucha manner such as that in myopinion, and then even email one of your new friends to come and have a look.

i personally think we need to draw a line on this now, as it 'might' get out of hand, i see this from both sides, but since Corris didnt quote then im safe to assume that most people would have guessed it was aimed at Rachel.

but hey what do i know im not a mod

i personally think we need to draw a line on this now, as it 'might' get out of hand, i see this from both sides, but since Corris didnt quote then im safe to assume that most people would have guessed it was aimed at Rachel.

but hey what do i know im not a mod

And the only thing I can do is apologise and hope we can move on from it.

damm forums ive been trying to post this reply for the last 6 mins

Text on forums can be understood in many ways, esp when English isnt a first language for most people (not all of us are blessed LOL) but anyway, replys need to be taken with a pinch of salt, and lines like 'getting your friend over to have a look' isnt the best way to defuse a situation is it?

isnt it best to forget about this, as afterall we dont want to loose a member, and/or get the thread locked now do we?

damm forums ive been trying to post this reply for the last 6 mins

Indeed, I had to try and reply 3-4 times for this post.

Text on forums can be understood in many ways, esp when English isnt a first language for most people (not all of us are blessed LOL) but anyway, replys need to be taken with a pinch of salt, and lines like 'getting your friend over to have a look' isnt the best way to defuse a situation is it?

isnt it best to forget about this, as afterall we dont want to loose a member, and/or get the thread locked now do we?

True.

At the end of writing I was a little bit rattled about how she had put it all and then you posted about her emailing you about it, just annoyed me a little is all.

But we are only human, lol, and so make mistakes, best to forgive and forget and just get along like normal folk. :D