Apple's secret product is 'MacBook Touch'

Haha, as much as I love your comment, but I think it's best not to start that argument with the Apple fanboys' "wediditfirst" attitudes.

Competition is competition and all of the competitors borrow ideas to make products better, in the end it gives ALL of the consumers better stuff.

Welll....you are right :yes:

Haha, as much as I love your comment, but I think it's best not to start that argument with the Apple fanboys' "wediditfirst" attitudes.

But we did do it first! :D

WALT

walt.jpg

and

the Almighty Penlite

penlite.jpg

maybe we shouldnt even start argueing who did what first or talk about fanboyism or whatever. please...

i mean... lets just stay on topic, alright? i for myself have had enough of that...

this is no offense...

This isn't going to happen unless they redesign the Leopard GUI for the touch interface. Slapping touch controls for a mouse/keyboard based OS isn't gonna happen.

WALT

walt.jpg

and

the Almighty Penlite

penlite.jpg

Haha, I'm not sure you really want to compare that (functionally) to recent "touch" offerings from MS and Apple...

This isn't going to happen unless they redesign the Leopard GUI for the touch interface. Slapping touch controls for a mouse/keyboard based OS isn't gonna happen.

maybe though they introduce something like front row, for multitouch use, a special app which can be used with touch controls to access the internet on the go or look at photos and all. and when at home at the dock or whatever, you just return to leopard.

I have to agree, I mean one of the reasons the iPhone's interface works so well is because the OS was built from the ground up for a touch interface. I'd imagine OSX would need some work to make the experience as smooth as it is on the iPhone.

WALT

walt.jpg

and

the Almighty Penlite

penlite.jpg

As much as you would like the credit ,that technology is way different,and way behind,because it uses a pen.And if you want origins,it wasn't neither from Apple or Microsoft

In 1971, Dr. Samuel C. Hurst - the founder of Elo TouchSystems - invented the world?s first electronic touchscreen interface. Today, over 30 years later, Elo is still leading the way: not only are we considered the standard for touch technology, we are also renowned for our wide range of integrated touchscreen systems as well as our dedicated customer service.

The question is,who's the first that implemented the touchscreen concept in the latest generation OS's> hypothetically speaking

Answer:

Microsoft

As much as you would like the credit ,that technology is way different,and way behind,because it uses a pen.And if you want origins,it wasn't neither from Apple or Microsoft

In 1971, Dr. Samuel C. Hurst - the founder of Elo TouchSystems - invented the world’s first electronic touchscreen interface. Today, over 30 years later, Elo is still leading the way: not only are we considered the standard for touch technology, we are also renowned for our wide range of integrated touchscreen systems as well as our dedicated customer service.

The question is,who's the first that implemented the touchscreen concept in the latest generation OS's

Answer:

Microsoft

I take it back for being a douchebag. You know I love you, baby. :(

I'm not doubting that Microsoft did come out first with touch interface. I was just joking, you know. :p

Edited by Cormier6083

Thanks for taking a joke and crushing it to push your already evident agenda. Also, thank you for alerting us to something we already know. :(

Oh sorry i didn't meant to :(

Sometimes i log in to neowin with my tin-foil hat ^^

:D

maybe though they introduce something like front row, for multitouch use, a special app which can be used with touch controls to access the internet on the go or look at photos and all. and when at home at the dock or whatever, you just return to leopard.

The mockups don't show that--as posted above. They just slapped the regular Leopard interface onto some Photoshop job.

The problem I see again is in the description. It says full OS compatibility with the ability to run Mac apps--that certainly won't work well for some of the apps we have today which are optimized for mouse. This was the reason that the iPhone uses a completely different interface with iPhone-specific applications.

we have been hearing this rumor for over 3 years now. i stopped buying into it a few apple events back. with all of the resources they had tied up in the iphone and snow leopard i can't imagine anything more than price reduced product refreshes. personally, I am really hoping to see glossy cinema displays so I can run dualie-screen of my 24" iMac.

A new mac mini would be nice too.

BTW @ Cara if you are reading this thread, were you ever able to find out for me if Front Row ships in leopard server?

Then Microsoft cry. Oh dear.

There is already PCs out there that are touch screen. Below is just one. There are many sizes and styles to choose from. What would apple make? The world's thinnest Touch screen laptop? If so, then Apple is just doing what americans like to do.....they like to make things better. So it really isn't that creative anymore.

post-132753-1216819255_thumb.jpg

Edited by jesseinsf

If this is real, I hope it isn't actually going to be called the MacBook touch. People calling the iPod touch the "iTouch" are annoying enough, now we're hear endless references to the "MacTouch."

I am still a little surprosed that Tablet PCs haven't taken off yet - maybe this could kick start the market (assuming this product is real) the same way that the iPhone has for SmartPhones...

Guess the next round of battle between Win and Mac will be on touching stuff...

:laugh:

looks tight.

but I wonder how the glass will handle scratches....

I can see something like this thin and light like the AIR. with SSD drive and no optical drive but as an external attachment which would make sense for portability and lightness.

BUT wheres the new Macbook Pro designs ??? lol

A Mac tablet? NEVER!!! ;)

hehe.

Seriously though, where do these guys get off calling this a rumor, I think everyone and their cousin expects Apple to develop and release a Tablet Mac. The MacBook Touch and the MacBook Pro Touch aren't exactly secret rumors, they've been around for years. :)

A Mac tablet? NEVER!!! ;)

hehe.

Seriously though, where do these guys get off calling this a rumor, I think everyone and their cousin expects Apple to develop and release a Tablet Mac. The MacBook Touch and the MacBook Pro Touch aren't exactly secret rumors, they've been around for years. :)

When will people stop confusing touch and tablet... can't be that hard.

oh and considering Mac's lineage a tablet Mac is far more likely than a touch, and would make more sense to it's users. Infortnately since Apple is turning more and ore away from it's loyal userbase and turning into a hype machine for the fashion snobs who allways needs to have the coolest hippest ****, and they expect more touch... a useless touch MAc is more likely.

I've yet to hear anyone asnwer this, does anyone who actually use a computer semi regularly actually WANT to rub theyr hands and finers all over a computer screen, instead of minor mouse movements ? Touch makes sense for Kiosks and control station for advanced computer controlled industry equipment. To surf the web, read mail and regular stuff like that, not so much.

Wow did they copied from windows 7?

Apple start you photocopiers...

Haha, Apple has been in the touch market for a few years already, and it's been a long time now that they want to add touch to the Desktop version of OS X. When did MS think about Windows 7, last year? Ahhh wait, Vista was just released.

to hear anyone asnwer this, does anyone who actually use a computer semi regularly actually WANT to rub theyr hands and finers all over a computer screen, instead of minor mouse movements ? Touch makes sense for Kiosks and control station for advanced computer controlled industry equipment. To surf the web, read mail and regular stuff like that, not so much.

And because Apple comes out with a touch screen computer means you have absolutely no choice in buying something else? No one said you had to use it. I'm sure that plenty of people would buy a touch screen notebook. I think it would be faster to just pull out my notebook, and touch the Mail app in the dock to check my mail. It works for the iPhone.

but I wonder how the glass will handle scratches....

I'd think it would handle it quite well. I have an iPod touch which I have dropped and just plain abused, and there are very minor scratches, which you can only see in the sun.