Call of Duty 4, Neowin Style!

Gonna take a break for an hour or something. My eyes are a bit sore and I have to move the motorbike on the drive

Me too. Maybe a little longer. You going to be on later. or you going to crash soon?

Well, I'm off for tonight - Thanks for the game guys!

Also found myself a new motto, "I hate this game" :laugh:

That is your motto!

Games were fun :) Yeah I took a break also but may go on BF, not sure.

GG guys. That mic echo was annoying as hell though. I got confused and stopped talking mid-sentence :p. I'll probably be online a bit later too if anyone wants to send me an invite.

Me too. Maybe a little longer. You going to be on later. or you going to crash soon?

Yeah I'll be back on later. I might actually just kick back for a bit just now and play some GTA then go on BF

So is battlefield a much better game? or is it because its different or newer?

In a way yeah. I think there is much more to do because you have specific classes and it requires more team work to win. In COD4 it's really just all about the kills. Whereas in BF you need certain classes for support to give you medikits etc.

Both are good games, they just have quite a few differences.

I liked playing Domination on COD4, it's pretty much the same as Conquest will be in BF :p

Battlefield would easily be my favourite game if the tweaked the weapon damage.

Yeah it will be much better when they patch it and add conquest mode. I don't mind switching between games though, breaks the pace up a little instead of playing the same game every night.

But have the developers said they were going to do anything in the damage department?

Really looking forward to conquest mode even though I'm not tired of the current game-mode - The game is so open, you don't really feel 'bound' to the game-mode.

Sorry, guys. Went to watch the dark knight. However will join in next time this happens.

I think we are playing again tomorrow, and a few people who missed out said they were gonna join. I know Gigapixels and Belgarath are two of them.

I really don't mind if we just play unranked matches if we can get a room full of Neowin members. Not fussed about ranking up so much in COD4.

Sadly I didnt get back till around 1:30am so played a bit of the BF:BC demo to get my rank up and get the freebie weapon. For some reason the demo feels a lot harder, maybe because there were a lot of random deaths? The ranking up is also a lot slower in the demo, from what I recall there its 2000 points between rank 3 and rank 4 (what is needed for the freebie gun) which is a lot for such an early rank.

Either way I should be around tomorrow afternoon, have stuff to do in the morning, so will be up for either COD or BF :)

Gnite all ...

wow completely missed this :(

Just got back about an hour ago from The Dark Knight and gutted that I missed this :cry:

Will be on tomorrow if nothing turns up :) Same time right?

hope you guys had fun :D

Sethos and any other neowin member do not hesitate to add me, GamerTag : MasterGreenEye

Depending on what time I get home tomorrow night, I'll see if I can get in for some rounds.

As DM said, I really dont mind either if we play some unranked private matches. I've ranked up as far as I plan on going.

Yeah, I will play some private matches too, as I definitely prefer that everyone get to play and with 6 man squads that is not possible. And I could be wrong, but with some people reporting lag (I personally never had any luckily) I am thinking maybe Ground War was to large in player size to handle all of the different regions.

I don't know though, as much as I do enjoy COD4, I may have to switch back to BF:BC tomorrow. :p

Now that I think about it, I did see some people (Sethos, .KICK and I think DM) "skate" across one of the maps. Would that mean that I was lagging, or were they lagging?

But then again, it probably was just .KICK that was lagging, That was the first complaint from him, and the 2nd complaint, and the third, etc... LOL :laugh:

I want to get in on some action as well..

DirtyLarry, thanks for accepting the friend request.

Pendragon85

Not a problem, and now I know who you are!

When you sent it to me, I asked anyone if they knew who pendragon was, and someone went to our Gamerstag thread and looked it up and did not find anyone listed with that gamertag. BTW I added you to it so I hope that is cool with you.

Then I saw you joined our matches, so that was cool as we were doing modes that only accommodated 6 to a team. Unfortunately by the time we had switched to Ground War at my urging so we were just not in a squad of 6 anymore and everyone could play, when I went to invite you you were gone. So my apologies for not inviting you sooner and/or letting you know we were going to switch over to Ground War.

And I am just stating this now in case anyone else sends me a request, I have one slot left as I have 99 friends, and I am not kidding when I saw that is my list after I went through it and got rid of names of players who were inactive the past 6 months. Seriously I have about 6 real world friends I know on my list, and the rest are Neowin members! (Y)

So yeah tomorrow, if we have over 6, we either go Ground War, or just go straight Private. Even if we have just 4 on 4, being all Neowin members will make it fun regardless. :yes:

I was gonna say hi but realized that the microphone on my Astro A40 headset is busted.. Time to send a support request to them.

Now... where did I leave my original headset... :crazy:

Sorry I missed you guys tonight. I had some family over and couldn't really play. :(

When you sent it to me, I asked anyone if they knew who pendragon was, and someone went to our Gamerstag thread and looked it up and did not find anyone listed with that gamertag. BTW I added you to it so I hope that is cool with you.

That's interesting, I don't see my gamertag on there... :(

I really have to get around to updating that thread... There's just so many pages I'll have to go through :(