Google Chrome Browser

Only works with Java 6 update 10. Not sure why they decided to support a beta plugin.

Many websites use the Java plug-in. Google Chrome requires Java version 6, update 10. Please note that this is currently a beta version and may be more unstable than some previous version of Java. To download this beta version of Java, visit http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ea.jsp

So far it seems to work well. Mobile Me mail works as good as on Firefox 3, Hotmail on the other hand only works in classic mode.

Looking good for a Beta.

---

Unfortunately by using WebKit, things like ASP2.0 Menu elements come out all wrong :(

Edited by Ricardo Gil

Is there an additional installer with Chrome? chrome_installer.exe http://cache.googlevideo.com/chrome/instal...e_installer.exe installed chrome, but javascript isn't running.

Could be. You probably have to get past the first step in order to get to the next area. If someone could mirror the one installer, that would be a great start.

That single installer by itself doesn't seem to work. I got chrome running, but nothing really works correctly, javascript simply isn't running.

What I want to do is forward cache.googlevideo.com to a local address to bypass the proxy. I'll then setup the same directory structure to see if it attempts to download anything else. I'm not going to install it directly.

That single installer by itself doesn't seem to work. I got chrome running, but nothing really works correctly, javascript simply isn't running.

Worked fine on this machine and three of my virtual machines, even managed to get it to run in Wine :D

Working out how to run it on a Mac now, give me like, another half an hour

As for JavaScript, seams to only affect certain machines, Java and Javascript both work fine here

What I want to do is forward cache.googlevideo.com to a local address to bypass the proxy. I'll then setup the same directory structure to see if it attempts to download anything else. I'm not going to install it directly.

Cool let me know how that goes.

Vegetunks, yeah I am wondering if that installer requests something else or what. I mean, I can't even load neowin....

Alright. Got it installed. Thanks for the mirror.

I didn't run it directly. I just modified the hosts file to point cache.googlevideo.com to 127.0.0.1 then setup the same folder structure with the exe. The setup then downloaded the local exe and installed it without an issue.

Vegetunks, yeah I am wondering if that installer requests something else or what. I mean, I can't even load neowin....

Works well. Just posted this using Chrome.

Nope, seams to work fine...

What OS? Maybe you need to run it as Admin in Vista?

See screenshot, Chrome with Neowin.net loaded with a painfully obvious chrome_installer.exe file on the desktop

post-180771-1220389172_thumb.png

LOL, yeah and setting Chrome as default makes all htm docts etc. look like that as well, which is quite disturbing on the eye!

Always hated how Windows does that.... You could always replace the icon resources with the firefox/IE resources and refresh the icon cache?