Apple Event Set for Sept. 9th

Engadget confirms they received an invitation from Apple.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/09/02/apple-e...uesday-the-9th/

post-17178-1220374207.jpg

from the logo I think it's clear ipods are on the menu.

some speculation from PCmagazine as to what's coming

--A larger, horizontal screen on the iPod nano. Get ready to say goodbye to the lukewarmly received "fat" nano, and hello to a more Zune-like orientation.

--Higher-capacity iPod touches. 64GB, anyone?

--Price drops across the iPod touch line.

--The end of the spinning-hard-drive-based iPod...? Our guess is that this will be the iPod Classics's death-rattle, as Flash-based players continue to bulk up.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,23292...S_090308_STORY2

Edited by .Kompressor

sweet! apple just offered to replace my first gen nano for free (due to overheating and my magsafe suddenly melting). brand new ipod nano, here I come :)

i want to get an ipod touch... but since the apple event is so close, i'm waiting to see what's new

ipod touch @ 200$ (and assuming nothing was taken away, wifi is important to me) would be great

Well, I'm not interested in any new iPods, but I'm looking forward to the possibility of iTunes 8 being released next week.

Same here, wonder what it will bring.

Radish?

Good thing it's on the 9th, just in time before the world collapses into a black hole.

sweet! apple just offered to replace my first gen nano for free (due to overheating and my magsafe suddenly melting). brand new ipod nano, here I come :)

What does magsafe have to do with your iPod?

The last time that iTune was performing well enough for my taste was WAY back, like iTune 4.0 or something like that.

Now iTune is the be-all end-all for Apple. Jack of all trade, sync your iPod, iPhone, activate iPhone, Music Store, video, apps store, coverflow, ....... It feels heavy.

The last time that iTune was performing well enough for my taste was WAY back, like iTune 4.0 or something like that.

Now iTune is the be-all end-all for Apple. Jack of all trade, sync your iPod, iPhone, activate iPhone, Music Store, video, apps store, coverflow, ....... It feels heavy.

What would you suggest? A separate app for each of those functions? I don't think that would work somehow. And anyway, you only see the features you want to see. It's not like Apple is forcing you to load every single part of the application every single time.

I'm dying to see the new Macbook Pro's

Check out this Mock up of a Black Macbook Pro

looks tight....although I don't like the thick rim around the screen and not fond of glass either.

2802517685_fe841d51e2_o.png

Great! I'm out of the country and nowhere near a computer. Still, will be a nice surprise to come back to.

Yeh those 3G iphones killing the battery time when in 3G mode.... haven't they updated the firmware to fix that though ?

Maybe they will announce those fugly rounded iPod nanos. (The second concept was better). But yeah, I'm also hoping iTunes 8 comes out. Hopefully the bug where iTunes crashes if shapshifter is trying to skin it is fixed (but I'm hoping too much =P)

But yeah, I'm also hoping iTunes 8 comes out. Hopefully the bug where iTunes crashes if shapshifter is trying to skin it is fixed (but I'm hoping too much =P)

:huh: Have you thought for a second that the problem is not iTunes...

All I want is iTunes to be re-written in Cocoa, that'd solve a mountain of issues and obviously create a few other issues.

Of course the key here is that iTunes would then be a 64-bit application which would fall in with Mac OS X Snow Leopard development.

iPhone bug fixes are also on my Must Have list. 2.0.2 = crappy battery

Wow, Macrumors said it could be a sign of MBs and MBPs being pushed to October.

If true, very bad marketing, very bad... students just began, they want their laptops and are not going to look at Apple's if the specs are outdated. The curious generation about OS X won't wait until october, they will buy a Windows laptop. Fans of OS X will wait, but if we look closer at the market share, the last category is 10x smaller :s

To, say, confirm this, I don't see a whole new iPod generation being announced for 7 days only on Apple.com's main page, it's gonna last a couple of weeks, THEN we will see MBs and/or MBPs. :(

The sad thing for me is, I already bought a mouse for my future MB *sigh*

Are they releasing newer regular (non-nano) iPods also?

iTunes is way to hefty but still not that bad. I actually like the Zune software (2.5 atleast) more but I still like iTunes also.