Apple Event Set for Sept. 9th

I hate the idea that they may be doing away hard drive based iPods. It sucks since I have an extremely large music collection, and there's no way in hell all that music can fit in a Touch's flash memory. Besides, it'd be opening the door to other competitors to release large sized hard drive based music players targeted as us major music lovers. :p

Please:

iPod Classic with 160GB or more with WiFi.

Better sound quality

That would have me sold :)

I requote myself because these 2 points are important.

And I doubt Apple will remove their HDD iPods.

I hate the idea that they may be doing away hard drive based iPods. It sucks since I have an extremely large music collection, and there's no way in hell all that music can fit in a Touch's flash memory. Besides, it'd be opening the door to other competitors to release large sized hard drive based music players targeted as us major music lovers. :p

QFTFT

I doubt they are gonna remove their iPod Classic/HDD iPods.

Users just need:

The best sound quality of all MP3 players (I can't stress this enough; Its what has always held me back from getting a iPod)

WiFi on the iPod Classic

having wifi on the classic accomplishes what? certainly you can't be thinking of browsing the internet on the classic's small screen and the lack of an input interface

will be interesting... if ipod touch gets gps and different design i might just have to buy another one for lulz and comparison it would make it a good cheaper alternative to iphone 3g sif paying $900+ NZD for non contract thing just for gps and stuff :s

I dunno... How would the GPS work on the ipod touch? There's no cell signal to load google maps. That is, unless they get smart and load google maps onto the phone or TomTom comes out with something.

side buttons would be nice too...

YES! Please!

Will the back to school deal still be offered with the new generation of macbooks and ipods?

From what I've heard, the Back to School offer refers to specific iPod models only... so "no" to new iPods. MacBooks don't fall in this regulation but will probably come out after BtS ends.

edit: Found a link: Back to School

Edited by MrFuji

Compared to the original touch design, the iPhone 3G feels heaps better. The curve sits much more nicely in your hand.

Agreed, I much prefer the aesthetics of my 3G iPhone.

going by the storage design of iphone and ipod touch should apple move away from movable parts in the interest of getting rid or any ability to skip or anything they are currently or were using toshiba dual flash memory chips in a mini raid style fashion i'd assume or something but anyway 8GB ipod touches have 2x4GB chips in them

121hl4.jpg

so in theory if they do move away from 1.8" hdd based ones although it will incure an increase in size they could probably fit up to 32GBx2 and 64GBx2 and probably even bigger since i'm not too sure if they have 128GB down that small yet but yeah... but i do believe this won't be yet in the pile since for size hdd's are still logical and i'd say if anything there's potential possibility of 64GB ipod touch at most but that would be most in terms of size's.

I don't think they will do that. If it fits in the "iPhone case" (now I'm talking about an iPod touch...), yeah. Otherwise, they won't make it thicker that's for sure. Every year or so, the capacity of these things double. So expect something like 128GB this year (NAND flash, not necessarily an iPod), 256GB next year, and so on.

Honestly, I have my 16GB iPod Touch right now, and I have a hard time filling it. Yeah, I have a BUNCH of photos, LOADS of songs as well as their lyrics + cover album, a couple of 10 min movies, etc. and it's like 75% filled, which makes me wonder why do 120GB iPod classics even exist? What do people do with these?

I'm so sick of them treating videos like crap in iTunes. Give me proper meta tagging support for video files already. Dammit apple.

I'm curious what the new interface will be like. It will have to be tailored to a vertical screen vs a wide one.

Yeah, iTunes and videos isn't good.

But to start off, QuickTime is the problem. Snow Leopard will introduce QuickTime X, which will be rewritten from scratch. It better be good, innovative and fully-featured :)

that better not be the nano. it doesnt look like an apple product! tacky yet unrefined! (thanks hooters)

What the hell are you talking about? It looks exactly like the iPod nano 2G except taller. Infact, the 4G nano looks heaps more sleek and refined.

nano-1.jpg