• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Event Set for Sept. 9th

Gally    1
Not yet. There are in Mac OSX (naturally). I've been trying to decrypt iTunes' Pref files to find a solution... no such luck. What may end up needing to happen is, somebody will have to 'hack' iTunes' executable and DLL files, and re-add the menus to the options.

EDIT: Found a solution to this (a guy posted it on the iTunes discussion boards). :)

1. Close iTunes and then go to Start, then Run and copy and paste the following in %APPDATA%\Apple Computer\iTunes and load the file iTunesPrefs.xml in Notepad++

2. Inside this file, look for <key>User Preferences</key> and below it copy and paste the following exactly as so...

&lt;key&gt;User Preferences&lt;/key&gt;
	&lt;dict&gt;
		&lt;key&gt;show-genre-when-browsing&lt;/key&gt;
		&lt;data&gt;
		AA==
		&lt;/data&gt;
		&lt;key&gt;show-store-arrow-links&lt;/key&gt;
		&lt;data&gt;
		AA==
		&lt;/data&gt;

3. Save and start iTunes back up and the annoyances should be gone forever! :) Might be a good idea to back up the iTunesPrefs.xml file before doing this of course! =)

Thanks, the only way I could find was by completely disabling the itunes Store in parental controls.

TruckWEB    480

What is the screen resolution on the new iPod Touch? Is it still 480x320?

Many new device offer 800x480.... I was hoping....

Cormier6083    0

I heard somewhere that he had a colostomy, and that's why he has lost the weight.

PyX    140
What is the screen resolution on the new iPod Touch? Is it still 480x320?

Many new device offer 800x480.... I was hoping....

Same thing here... I guess we'll have to wait til next year :s

Or at least like... 960x640 to keep the same aspect to every application.

Edit : Thinking about it, 3D games would need a MUCH better processor, every icon, picture, image, everything in every, single, app would need to be redone in bigger. I'm not sure anymorre if it's a good idea lol

instant.human    45

i think the 480x320 still look VERY nice on the brilliant iphone display. =) 800x480 or higher would be great of course but the iphone screen is still among the sharpest and brightest out there. =) dont worry too much, i would say. =)

PyX    140

I agree. You really have to get close to the screen to actually see the pixels, and if you get this close, the light hurts the eyes lol

What I miss in this firmware is the ability to upload full quality pictures to my iPod... I have a few nice wallpapers to use on my Mac and on my iPod, but I have to cut a lot of pixels when I upload it on my iPod, otherwise it's taking the big picture and removing all the quality.

saxondale.    15

Exactly. The pinch feature becomes useless due to the quality/resolution of the picture.

KeR    82

Just got one of the new Nano's and I must say what an improvement over the previous generations, also the new UI is great; fast, and less cluttered.

instant.human    45

where is the frickin update for the iphones?! :(

i know its early in cupertino but hell i wont be able to install it until tomorrow night, i guess if not right now. :( i want to see if the mail-issue is fixed and all.

aww...

saxondale.    15

I know! I want my 2.1. Also, Exactly 5 years since i joined Neowin :o