• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Apple Event Set for Sept. 9th

StevoJD    0

I love the new look.

Glad they finally went back to the bright summer colors. Don't know what they were thinking with the current nano colors.

Cormier6083    0

It looks like some sort of mini iPhone of sorts.

Berto    0

Price drop on Touch would be nice. An update to Apple TV would be sweet as well, seeing that it is classified under the iTunes section at the Apple store online. Additional codec support and drive space increase on the Apple TV would be the cat's @ss.

Impact    0

I like the look of the new nano :)

ambiance    67

An update to the Cinema Displays would be nice.

giga    45

Probably Macworld.

PyX    140

I would see this in a One More Thing event, not an iPod & Music & iPhone firmware event, there's enough to cover already in a keynote.

And I would also see my MacBook in this One More Thing event... ;)

It is said that iPhone firmware 2.1 might hold a few secrets for us (Source: Macrumors). So what do you think? Copy-paste? MMS? Copy-paste? Fixes? Copy-paste? iPod GPS? Copy-paste? iChat? Copy-paste? Copy-paste? Woops, I did Cmd+V too often I guess ;)

duritz    0

i was mostly referring to the curved screen. the orange one looks like it is a convex screen.

.Kompressor    8

post-17178-1220828509_thumb.jpg

From Macrumors editors:

Andrew Mager has posted (via iPhoneSavior) an image from outside the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco where Apple will hold its "Let's Rock" media event on September 9th, 2008.

The large multi-story banner shows one of Apple's iPod silhouette ads clearly suggesting a major iPod-related event. Persistent rumors have predicted that Apple will introduce a tall iPod Nano, a new iPod Touch, as well as iTunes 8. There are also suggestions that Apple could introduce the 2.1 iPhone firmware with some previously unannounced features.

- We've heard a few more reports of Apple telling reporters that this event will be a "big deal" and urging them to come. While it's hard to read too much into this sort of hype, it does not appear to be typical practice for Apple.

Macbook Pro's ???? :huh:

Snakehn    5

we need a NEW Redesigned mighty mouse, i just broke mine trying to clean the scroll ball. :angry:

KeR    82

All I need is a new nano, broke my 4th one last month (too much sweat getting into the insides, from working out). :D

sn00pie    2

It's going to be nice to see new notebooks, but I'm fine with my MacBook. :yes:

sundayx    127

I don't see any reason why an iPod orientated event would have any other thing released...

PyX    140

Exactly... and Jobs can't say "oh btw, there are new macbooks and macbook pros available today, now let's head for the iPods...". They're mostly going to change the design, which means he's got a lot to say about his laptops.

capr    36

hey anyone hear anything about the tablets? maybe apple confirming their plans?

Sam Symons    0

Just quickly, why do so many people think that the iPod touch will have either a Camera or a GPS in the updated version? I just fail to see why people would assume this. It's an iPod...the Camera and GPS is in the iPhone. I thought Apple wanted to make the iPod a bit more 'seperate' than the iPhone, hence the rumoured price drops. Maybe I'm just stupid but I really don't think an iPod, a device created to play music, would have a camera or even GPS. Oh well. Heh.

sundayx    127

GPS maybe, won't be a bad idea since they have the Maps application to make useful.

Sam Symons    0
GPS maybe, won't be a bad idea since they have the Maps application to make useful.

That's true, and I agree, it would be (incredibly) handy, but somehow I don't think Apple would do it. It would just make it more iPhoney, if you get what I mean, heh.

On a side note, I don't know much about the iPhone's GPS, but the data downloaded by it...is that counted as the monthly bandwidth, or no? My Nokia can use it's GPS without cost, but does the iPhone? Sorry if it's a dumb question, but still, I'm curious :) If it is the case, would iPod touch users have to pay a slight amount to access the GPS?

instant.human    45

what about a stream? i heard that theres gonna be a video live stream this time...

apart from that, i assume we can rely on the usual suspects to deliver text feeds? =)

osirisX    2
Just quickly, why do so many people think that the iPod touch will have either a Camera or a GPS in the updated version? I just fail to see why people would assume this. It's an iPod...the Camera and GPS is in the iPhone. I thought Apple wanted to make the iPod a bit more 'seperate' than the iPhone, hence the rumoured price drops. Maybe I'm just stupid but I really don't think an iPod, a device created to play music, would have a camera or even GPS. Oh well. Heh.

Then they shouldn't have included Maps and the ability to find location via WiFi networks. They also shouldn't have added WiFi since you know, it's just an iPod and it was only created to play music.

Sam Symons    0
Then they shouldn't have included Maps and the ability to find location via WiFi networks. They also shouldn't have added WiFi since you know, it's just an iPod and it was only created to play music.

Yeah, alright, point made. I shouldn't have said anything. I just meant that since Apple is trying to make the iPod touch a bit more different to the iPhone, then why would they include a Camera or GPS in the next update. We'll see when Tuesday comes, eh.

Besides, if these ARE the real dimensions for the iPod touch, then...well, yeah:

133402-touch2g_400.jpg

Edited by Sam Symons Live

PyX    140

I'm not convinced actually, that they want to make it any different from now on. They re-added all the apps available on the iPhone in the first version of the firmware, now what they need is an external speaker (apps like Shazam will make good use of it if it's not for ringtones ;)), GPS, a Camera and the Design and we're all set.

osirisX    2
now what they need is an external speaker (apps like Shazam will make good use of it if it's not for ringtones ;))

Shazam needs a microphone.

PyX    140
Shazam needs a microphone.

Edit : Nm. Yeah, it needs a microphone. I don't know what I was thinking lol

Erm, Voice messages? Better and deeper recording abilities? Voice memos? I don't know lol

instant.human    45

am i right saying its till one hour to go?

i always struggle with international time...

however, gizmodo will offer livestream, as usual, so i guess macrumors will have one as well as the other usual suspects. does anyone has intel concearning a video stream? i heard about it some time ago but im so not sure anymore...