[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

It lasts just long enough to drag you into the game and make you want more.

It's such a fun little game. It's like you have to assemble the town's buildings like they're a puzzle.. and it's strangely addictive.

The music is absolutely fantastic.

I'm waiting for the hype to die down so I can buy more points so I can buy it.

Add me to your list if you wanna play when/if you get it.

Did I mention the music?

I've got it going in the background while I type this post.

Trial is totally worth downloading.

I might have to check this out.

I would have tried queuing it up from web marketplace if it was up.

It lasts just long enough to drag you into the game and make you want more.

It's such a fun little game. It's like you have to assemble the town's buildings like they're a puzzle.. and it's strangely addictive.

The music is absolutely fantastic.

I'm waiting for the hype to die down so I can buy more points so I can buy it.

Add me to your list if you wanna play when/if you get it.

Did I mention the music?

I've got it going in the background while I type this post.

Trial is totally worth downloading.

Yeah I'll snatch the trial and see (Y)

Are you sure you're playing it from the HDD and not the Disc? The DVD drive should only spin up for a couple seconds at first to check if the disc is actually there, then it should spin down and be silent as the game plays off the HDD. There still will be some fan noise, but that is barely noticeable now.

Yeah, I pressed 'Y' and selected play from HDD. Might be the fan noise though, I don't know. Could hear from half a meter.

i noticed that auto sign is much faster than before. Overall the system is much faster and truly luv it!

Mine in fact is slower now :pinch: . When it boots up, all I have is the 360 globe in bottom right and then the loading 360 shape in the middle for a good 5-6 seconds. The NXE doesn't even load until I am signed in to XBL. The OXE used to load up first and then sign in to XBL. That way if I boot up just for launching Media center, I didn't have to wait for XBL.

anyway to get it to start up on "My Xbox" instead of "Spotlight"?

I want this. I don't really care for Spotlight. At least the first option is to launch game.

Yeah, I pressed 'Y' and selected play from HDD. Might be the fan noise though, I don't know. Could hear from half a meter.

Hope your 360 is connected to your PC monitor, or else don't sit soo close to the TV :p

My 360 has 3 stages of noise

Dash fans, nothing being done, quite quiet.

In-Game fans with hard drive install, bit louder.

DVD drive, noisy as hell.

It's probably just a little louder fans than what you get sitting idle on the dash as a game is being played. The dvd drive isn't used at all during playback from the hard drive apart from checking the disc at the start.

Can't be bothered to read this whole humongous thread to see if this has been mentioned, but anyone noticed when you're playing with your avatar and setting it up, you can twiddle the right analogue stick and he looks about...

Try spinning it around in circles.. Your avatar gets dizzy..

Try going left to right (shaking head) - it gets angry

I managed to make my avatar spin around too, not sure how i did that one though!

My GoW2 did that if I had the ethernet port connected. It tried to connect to live and made the disc spin (strange I know). I took the cable out, booted the game and it stopped.

It's a shame everyone is using a picture of their avatar in their gamer picture. It just seems pointless. I've still got my old GoW2 LE gamer pic on.

Installs make a huge difference to the noise from the Xbox, and loading time improvements are definitely noticeable.

I have one of the premium GoW2 themes on. It looked like crap on the old dash but on this one it's awesome. So happy I bought it now.

My GoW2 did that if I had the ethernet port connected. It tried to connect to live and made the disc spin (strange I know). I took the cable out, booted the game and it stopped.

It's not unusual at all - Microsoft constantly checks the disks you have in your drive to make sure they're not backups, they only do this when connected to live. It should only do it at boot, though.

Where's the free GoW2 theme that people were talking about? I can't see it on the UK or US marketplace.

Where's the free GoW2 theme that people were talking about? I can't see it on the UK or US marketplace.

I believe they are premium themes and not free.

It's a shame everyone is using a picture of their avatar in their gamer picture. It just seems pointless. I've still got my old GoW2 LE gamer pic on.

Installs make a huge difference to the noise from the Xbox, and loading time improvements are definitely noticeable.

I have one of the premium GoW2 themes on. It looked like crap on the old dash but on this one it's awesome. So happy I bought it now.

Let me get this straight. Using an avatar in the GP seems pointless, but a GoW LE gamer pic doesn't? Wow.

Just got home and downloading update now (Y) (I must be the last one to update! lol)

Home is out? Oh, your home. jk

You're not the last one, I'm still at work :( Gonna have Live again, yay!