[Official] New Xbox Experience (or Fall 2008 Update)

I'm still finding it incredibly slow (on a 20Mb connection), especially when it is loading information on downloads etc (IE latest games/movies etc) it can take around 30 seconds or so for the information to appear :( I also hate the fact that it lists everything by popularity as default, I would prefer the default to be latest first but I see nowhere that I can change this :(

That is really weird, can't say I have experienced anything like that.

I have a launch console (I know, I know - I always keep my fingers crossed!) and run my 360 to my HDTV via VGA for the DVD upconversion. Question I have is does anyone else have a long delay - about 5-7 seconds - after turn on for a picture to come up? Is this simply due to the handshake between the VGA and the TV?

Errr, theres no handshake or anything over VGA since its an analog connection as far as I'm aware. I have a small delay...less than 5 seconds. before I get picture.

Errr, theres no handshake or anything over VGA since its an analog connection as far as I'm aware. I have a small delay...less than 5 seconds. before I get picture.

I get the delay too. It sucks but I'll deal with for the better picture quality.

No idea if this relates to the delay?

Microsoft admits the NXE can break 360 audio outputs, working on fix

Microsoft has confirmed that a number of Xbox 360s have had their audio output broken by the NXE, rendering certain HDMI-connected consoles completely mute. Apparently, there is a compatibility issue with the NXE's updated HDCP handshake which essentially means that an HDMI connection cannot be established.

"While the vast majority of our users worldwide are enjoying the New Xbox Experience with no problems, we are aware that a handful of Xbox LIVE users are experiencing audio issues, and are diligently monitoring this issue and working towards a solution," Microsoft confessed in a statement. "We appreciate our members' enthusiasm and patience, and apologize for any inconveniences."

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-admit...ix-113264.phtml

No idea if this relates to the delay?

Source: http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-admit...ix-113264.phtml

I have sort of an issue related with that, but found a simple workaround.

I'm using an HDMI hub since my TV only has one input, and if I turn the console on before switching to the 360's channel I get no sound, and have to reboot it.

The workaround I have is just switching to the correct channel before turning the console on. This issue is nonexistant with the PS3, just with the 360. Hope the fix addresses this problem I'm having.

I've also got no problems with regards to HDMI audio AND my 360's HDMI plugs into a SONY AMP, which is surprising.

I believe Sony also had some HDMI issues with a recent firmware update.

why am i not surprised with some of the above? no problems so far, it's actually faster, looks much better, is easier to get around and on my recent travels i've realized is also helping convert many a gamer. none complained to me about broken audio connections or what not.

The winter collection is now available for your avatar

The next time you sign in to Xbox LIVE, be sure to check out the new winter items just released for your avatar. All of the items are completely free, so try them all on for JUST the right look.

Tip: It is easy to tell what is new when you are in the avatar editor, just look for the gold star. Any item of clothing with a gold star is new since your last sign in.

http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/12/03/...our-avatar.aspx

w00t, 1 jacket, 1 pair of gloves, 1 pair of boots which look exactly liek the goth boots, w00t.

That's not to say I'm not wearing them all :p

Lmao, yeah... I just added the new jacket and some of the old gloves as i'm freaking cold IRL :p

Hey we have like 4 inches of snow up here so I need all the extra layers I can get!

If you think you have it bad down there, try -7 and even more snow like we have it :p

Actually we've not had very much snow but man is it cold!

Can you download the new update from the internet. Im deployed and cant get online with my xbox, but i can get online from my laptop. Please help.