Dad chases nude boy from daughter's room with pipe

To the people saying the dad was wrong: You have a daughter and find a naked guy in her room.

What do you think the dad should have been like, "Hey, good job there boy. Any time you want to nail my daughter, go right ahead. Hell, maybe we can even have a beer after and you can tell me all about it."

I know sure as snitchel that you wouldn't be too happy. Maybe not mad enough to become violent, but you're not going to be happy. You didn't know he was there, you find him naked and in your house. The kid is lucky the dad didn't have a shot gun or any type of firearm. If I were in that situation (being the father) it would be hard for me to not stop what I (at the time) would feel to be a threat in my own home.

I just hope none of us ever have to find out what we would do in that situation.

To the people saying the dad was wrong: You have a daughter and find a naked guy in her room.

What do you think the dad should have been like, "Hey, good job there boy. Any time you want to nail my daughter, go right ahead. Hell, maybe we can even have a beer after and you can tell me all about it."

I know sure as snitchel that you wouldn't be too happy. Maybe not mad enough to become violent, but you're not going to be happy. You didn't know he was there, you find him naked and in your house. The kid is lucky the dad didn't have a shot gun or any type of firearm. If I were in that situation (being the father) it would be hard for me to not stop what I (at the time) would feel to be a threat in my own home.

I just hope none of us ever have to find out what we would do in that situation.

A "threat" in your home?

Jesus, you must shoot spiders on your ceiling when they come in :laugh:

The girl clearly knows the guy.

And no, I don't see anyone saying that in this thread.

We don't need to deal in extremes here.

Which seem to be

Violence/Physical Attacks <--------------------------------------> Buying the kid a beer.

You know, most normal folk will probably reside somewhere in the middle where disappointment/anger are still apparent, but will be controlled by level headedness and disciplinary in other methods than cracking someone on the head and putting them in hospital.

Considering the ages being the same, and that the girl seems to know the guy, I don't think we need to go all Jack Bauer on the situation.

Fair enough if a 25 year old was raping your 15 year old daughter, but cmon, some of you seem awfully pro-violence in here over a normal act (sex) in a situation that happens with millions of teenagers (having sex without telling parents), and to a fair few (having sex under the legal age).

The only part of that which causes more than "minor" concern IMO is having underage sex - Worries of your younger children not being educated enough. However legal age is 16 here, 15 is not THAT far under it. Not condoning it, just pointing that out.

My parents don't expect me to tell them every damn girl I have sexual intimacy with :laugh:

Edited by Audioboxer

^

I'm so sure you'll feel the same way when you have a daughter.

Trust me, I won't.

I'm one of the least violent people you'll ever meet, and going for a pipe in an instance like this would be like the last thing I'd do.

Trust me, I won't.

I'm one of the least violent people you'll ever meet, and going for a pipe in an instance like this would be like the last thing I'd do.

Yeah, Audioboxer would reach for his laptop to write a formally written letter of complaint that would be emailed to the boy's parents immediately.

.avi files would be completely optional.

I'm going to break into your house, dude. Give me your coordinates!

:laugh:

I don't care.

I'm proud of the fact I'm not a hot headed person, violence solves very little.

I'll only go to violence in necessary self defence, or if it's a last option.

I'm going to break into your house, dude. Give me your coordinates!

Difference between breaking in, and being invited in by someone who lives in your house.

Besides the "You can never see him again..." speech, what happends to his daughter who was sneaking around with a boyfriend the dad didnt know about for a year?

Besides the "You can never see him again..." speech, what happends to his daughter who was sneaking around with a boyfriend the dad didnt know about for a year?

If the guy was a genuinely decent guy, that speech doesn't even NEED to happen.

But I guess after the guys been hospitalized by your dad, I doubt it'll be easy for you to get on with him again, even on a strictly friendship level which is the saddest thing.

Probably just best to talk to your daughter about sex, trust and explaining it's better for her to be open about relationships/boyfriends to some extent, at least letting your parents know you have a boyfriend. You don't have to tell them absolutely EVERYTHING, but it's natural that they want to know your safe and not hanging with idiots/troublesome groups of people.

Some teenagers just find it hard to talk to their parents about relationships/sex with some of the stigma surrounding it. I'd say sadly it's pretty normal for teenagers not to tell parents about boyfriends/girlfriends.

Just look at the hissy fits some parents are throwing nowadays at the slightest bit of skin shown on TV. Sex/nudity is being riled up to be worse/more offensive than violence at times :no:

Parents need to make it clear it's okay to talk about, there's nothing to be embarrassed about and it's completely normal to want to be involved with the other sex! (Y)

I'd say that's some pretty good advice, as opposed to people running around in here saying "kick the **** out the guy and/or wield/wave weapons"!

Edited by Audioboxer

If the guy was a genuinely decent guy, that speech doesn't even NEED to happen.

But I guess after the guys been hospitalized by your dad, I doubt it'll be easy for you to get on with him again, even on a strictly friendship level.

Probably just best to talk to your daughter about sex, trust and explaining it's better for her to be open about relationships/boyfriends to some extent, at least letting your parents know you have a boyfriend.

Some teenagers just find it hard to talk to their parents about relationships/sex with some of the stigma surrounding it. I'd say it's pretty normal for teenagers not to tell parents about boyfriends/girlfriends.

Parents need to make it clear it's okay to talk about (Y)

I dont think the father and daughter had a good relationship to talk to eachother like that if she had to be sneaking around with a boyfriend for a year.

I dont think the father and daughter had a good relationship to talk to eachother like that if she had to be sneaking around with a boyfriend for a year.

I've always had a good relationship with my parents, but the subject of relationships/sex is so segrated away from trust/friendship and just generally getting on with your parents at times.

As I said, look at the stigma surrounding sex/relationships in the media at times nowadays. The whole "sex is dirty", "sex is bad" nonsense that goes about at times.

I was embarrassed to tell my parents about my first GF, heck it was almost date/breakup and girl out of my life before they even knew she existed - I did tell them shortly before we broke up.

It's not that easy for teenagers at times, especially when you're a bit younger and naive to the world.

Yes, it is. Being his/her residence, does not mean in any way that is his/her property. You can only be there with the concent of their parents*.

That's why normal kids ask their parents before, or parents had a previous talk with the kids, giving them clearance to invite over some friends over their house*.

Unless he specifically stated his daughter can invite/refuse visitors, the boy is trespassing. The owner (father) is in right to detain the child - even if the daughter invited him in. Unfortunately, as soon as the boy left the house, the man continued to chase then hit the boy. Once outside the house and off the property, it became assault.

Florida Law On TRESPASSING / TRESPASS :

810.08 Trespass in structure or conveyance.--

(1) Whoever, without being authorized, licensed, or invited, willfully enters or remains in any structure or conveyance, or, having been authorized, licensed, or invited, is warned by the owner or lessee of the premises, or by a person authorized by the owner or lessee, to depart and refuses to do so, commits the offense of trespass in a structure or conveyance.

(2)(a) Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, trespass in a structure or conveyance is a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

(b) If there is a human being in the structure or conveyance at the time the offender trespassed, attempted to trespass, or was in the structure or conveyance, the trespass in a structure or conveyance is a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

© If the offender is armed with a firearm or other dangerous weapon, or arms himself or herself with such while in the structure or conveyance, the trespass in a structure or conveyance is a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. Any owner or person authorized by the owner may, for prosecution purposes, take into custody and detain, in a reasonable manner, for a reasonable length of time, any person when he or she reasonably believes that a violation of this paragraph has been or is being committed, and he or she reasonably believes that the person to be taken into custody and detained has committed or is committing such violation. In the event a person is taken into custody, a law enforcement officer shall be called as soon as is practicable after the person has been taken into custody. The taking into custody and detention by such person, if done in compliance with the requirements of this paragraph, shall not render such person criminally or civilly liable for false arrest, false imprisonment, or unlawful detention.

(3) As used in this section, the term "person authorized" means any owner or lessee, or his or her agent, or any law enforcement officer whose department has received written authorization from the owner or lessee, or his or her agent, to communicate an order to depart the property in the case of a threat to public safety or welfare.

History.--s. 34, ch. 74-383; s. 22, ch. 75-298; s. 2, ch. 76-46; s. 1, ch. 77-132; s. 33, ch. 88-381; s. 185, ch. 91-224; s. 1233, ch. 97-102; s. 4, ch. 2000-369.

Some of you guys are just way to aggressive/violent.

You've never been in the kids shoes before??? I'm sure we've all had similar situations... maybe not to this extent... but I can recall a few times I've been in a room doing things I shouldn't have been doing.

Some of you guys are just way to aggressive/violent.

You've never been in the kids shoes before??? I'm sure we've all had similar situations... maybe not to this extent... but I can recall a few times I've been in a room doing things I shouldn't have been doing.

Maybe some. Not all. Here, I think

might sum it up.

I'm absolutely amazed some people are condoning this man's violence.

First of all, no crap you're not going to be "happy" if you're the father. He wasn't kept in the loop of the girl even going out with the boy, and then he finds him naked in her room. Of course he's going to be ****ed. But a more reasonable response would have been yelling your lungs out, verbally "attacking" the kid and not physically attacking the kid.

And let's not really assume this kid was illegally trespassing or anything. Sounds to me like the girl wanted him to come but that she didn't want her overbearing father to know... seems she was right about the latter.