[Official] Resistance 2

Didn't think much of the first game but the videos and reviews of this game made me buy it - glad I did. The first level is a WOW moment. It has the feel of Gears of War, imo.

Woohoo, top of the page.

Just in case anyone thinks what I thought - in co-op, the Leech Barrel upgrade for medic doesn't increase the experience it gets you - only damage. Good, but a slight disappointment to me. Now just 2 1/2 more levels then I've maxed out medic!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I just beat the single player campaign. It sure sounds like there might be a third game!

However I was severely disappointed with how easy the Daedalus fight was. I was looking for a huge arsenal to take him out, perhaps the Pulse Cannon!

Wow, I just beat the single player campaign. It sure sounds like there might be a third game!

However I was severely disappointed with how easy the Daedalus fight was. I was looking for a huge arsenal to take him out, perhaps the Pulse Cannon!

Yea, it was surprising easy, the normal chimera walking across to him were harder than he was.

And I hope there is a third, but I am totally disappointed at the main part of the ending, there's nothing worse than when you follow a character for ages to have him killed at the end, its completely lame, its as bad as a film, you watch a character for like 2 hours just so he/she can go get himself killed at the end, lame!

Though I would assume the planet has been moved and not that a planet has come to them.

One of the logs or maybe someone says it about seeing their stars or soemthing, and I sweear one fo the logs says something about a race the Chimera had been war'ing with.

So I would assume Earth ahs been moved, and it is either to where the Chimera were originally or in the past, or that and near this third party that we are going to find out about,.

and possibly they are going to use this new chimera army or the planet itself as ammo for this war.

Who knows, looking forward to it.

And another thing, the first game didn't have Hale talk, but we got more of a story through the narrative.

Now he talks, but barely any story appears and he rarely says anything of any importance either, I think I would have appriciated some sort of diary or log between missions to add a bit more depth.

Yea, it was surprising easy, the normal chimera walking across to him were harder than he was.

And I hope there is a third, but I am totally disappointed at the main part of the ending, there's nothing worse than when you follow a character for ages to have him killed at the end, its completely lame, its as bad as a film, you watch a character for like 2 hours just so he/she can go get himself killed at the end, lame!

Though I would assume the planet has been moved and not that a planet has come to them.

One of the logs or maybe someone says it about seeing their stars or soemthing, and I sweear one fo the logs says something about a race the Chimera had been war'ing with.

So I would assume Earth ahs been moved, and it is either to where the Chimera were originally or in the past, or that and near this third party that we are going to find out about,.

and possibly they are going to use this new chimera army or the planet itself as ammo for this war.

Who knows, looking forward to it.

And another thing, the first game didn't have Hale talk, but we got more of a story through the narrative.

Now he talks, but barely any story appears and he rarely says anything of any importance either, I think I would have appriciated some sort of diary or log between missions to add a bit more depth.

He is not dead. On the third one Hale will wake up after he got shot and kick Capelli's ass, then Capelli will be the main character in the end he will kick Hale ass. Hale will be the final boss. :p

He is not dead. On the third one Hale will wake up after he got shot and kick Capelli's ass, then Capelli will be the main character in the end he will kick Hale ass. Hale will be the final boss. :p

I know people are saying Capelli will be the next character, maybe its just me, but I didn't really like his character much at all.

Maybe Hale will wake up and be like "Zomg a dreamz, gotta blog this yoz" then realise he is in 1950 and there is no internets, then the chimera start to attack and hes like "dudez i know how to pwns them" :p

I know people are saying Capelli will be the next character, maybe its just me, but I didn't really like his character much at all.

Maybe Hale will wake up and be like "Zomg a dreamz, gotta blog this yoz" then realise he is in 1950 and there is no internets, then the chimera start to attack and hes like "dudez i know how to pwns them"

:p

lol :laugh:

Yeah some people liked him and some people don't. I kinda liked him.

Which bit? I write a lot of waffle compared to where my writing shines. :p

The blogging part. I think it'd accelerate the PS3 to at least 2nd place. :yes:

Just picked this up at lunch time in work, will be playing it this weekend in single player just to get the hang of it first I think before venturing online. :)

Just picked this up at lunch time in work, will be playing it this weekend in single player just to get the hang of it first I think before venturing online. :)

I completed most of the story before I even touched the online stuff.

In coop got my soldier to level 30. :D I got something for my gun at level 26 that kills chimeras faster and get a lot of XP. One game I got 70K+ in XP. Corris now I'm "The invincible" hahaha we need to play. :p

KoL, what do you think of the backlash beserk? I've only read about it, but I'm curious as to how it is to use (worth using?). Have you used it with the voltaic body armour?

KoL, what do you think of the backlash beserk? I've only read about it, but I'm curious as to how it is to use (worth using?). Have you used it with the voltaic body armour?

That's my fav berserk. Its great when there are a lot of chimeras with bullseye (almost everywhere). You just go ahead activate the berserk and you will see all the bullseye rounds go back to them and killing them. Awesome, you get a lot of kills. :D I haven't change the berserk since I got it.

Im not sure what the voltaic body armour do hahaha. I think it converts the damage to the force barrier but I haven't pay attention. Too busy killing. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised no one has posted this yet but here we go.

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2009/01/23/resist...atch-on-monday/

Many of the bugs related to saving, progression and Trophy accumulation will be fixed in a 1.40 patch available to all Resistance 2 players this Monday (1/26). For example, some players may have had their character data mysteriously reset. Those players can take comfort in knowing that all their lost progress will be restored -- and that any additional XP earned since will still count. Those that acquired the 10,000 kills necessary for the Killing Machine Trophy will automatically unlock it once the 1.40 patch is applied.

Here are the patch notes:

Trophy/Medal/Ribbons

* "Salute Me" trophy is not awarded until player reaches level 31 (Lieutenant)

* "Berserker" trophy can be collected during non-ranked games

* "Survivor" medal can be collected in cooperative games

* "Sure Shot" ribbon is awarded if player has accuracy of exactly 50%

Clans

* Added clan support for viewing members, sending invites, and setting up clan tags

* Default clan region is now USA

Match Balancing

* Unbalanced ranked games are cancelled in staging before the game is started

* Parties are prevented from matchmaking into free-for-all Deathmatch games

Competitive

* Loadouts can be disabled in the "Create Game" screen in competitive games

* Balanced the chance of dropping large ammo pickups in competitive games

* Core Control scoreboard displays "Kills"

* Improved scoreboard formatting

Cooperative

* Balanced the amount of XP gained by the Medic class in cooperative games

* Stalker movement enabled in cooperative games

* Small ammo pickups don't give LAARK ammo in cooperative games

Weapons/Gameplay

* Splash damage on Pulse Cannon can damage the player firing it

* Rossmore reticule better reflects its accuracy

* Fire is easier to shake off

* Players cannot swap weapons in the middle of a melee attack

Miscellaneous

* Localized text updates

* Network message optimizations

* EULA displays the correct language text for Norwegian, Finnish, Swedish and Danish

I am going to start playing again because my character won't be level 1 anymore. lol. So if you see me on PSN and you want to play just send me a message.

Ok cool, I have a while yet before I go back to Uni so I'm gonna finish the SP and play the MP again I think.

I desperately need a shooter to fill the void until KZ2 :/

I've been playing this on and off the past week or so, getting a bit better so I'm finding it quite fun.

Once the patch hits, I'll be up for some games.

I think I go back to Uni this week though? :/ Pretty sure I do anyway :p (N)

Worst timing with your fall :p

I'm off until the 3rd Feb :D

Aye man, it's bollocks :p

I'll be scaring off the girls for weeks.

The patch is out now. I went into a co-op game got 10 xp and my trophy popped so I am glad they fixed it. Also I found a way to crash the PS3. Apparently when it comes up to update and it says please wait just plug your controller in. lol.