[Official] Resistance 2

Your supposed to be playing the game, not playing the game for trophies :p

Now I know why they got the game out early for the US Beta testers, then when it comes to europe, all issues should be resolved. lol

Easter Egg found in Co-Op :p

425_33ogoit.jpg

You know, Easter Eggs are always fun little secrets to seek out -- such as this one from Resistance 2, which candidly gives a shout out to Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4. Reader Jay stumbled upon this "MGS4PWNS" sign in co-op mode. It looks the like ladies and gents at Insomniac have enjoyed MGS4 quite a bit. And why not? It's great.

To see the EE for yourself, then just check out the Spec Op's ammo crate after "prototype ammo berserk" has been activated. We haven't tried this ourselves yet this weekend, but we're sure we'll run into it sometime. So how about you? Have you found anything interesting in your gaming sessions this weekend?

Just got this in the mail! :D

Videogameplus is great!

Fast delivery, plus they marked the package value down to $20 to avoid tax.

I ordered it on the 3rd, got it today, the 10th.

Hope Socom gets here soon with my headset so I can do co-op!

Their servers are still having problems. They were down for about two hours today. I don't know if they still are but they really need to get on this. It kinda sucks that three new games that have come out are having server issues. LBP and SOCOM being the others.

• 3 weeks later...

I've found my new "Battlefield" :wub:

Played two games so far, one was more a warmup and getting used to the controls again, came 21st. Second match I was back on form and came 4th :cool:

I :heart: the carbine

Sounds like I need to stay well clear of it then :laugh:

Yeah, you do that. I don't wanna be hearing no "I hate this game!!", "I hate this map!!" nonsense again :p

Umm, is there a problem with the experience cause apparently I didn't get any for that last match :s?

Must just be me that sucks ass at console FPS games then.

Highest I've scored is 14 or 15th I think :laugh:

Still waiting on my god damn Socom bundle with headset (for voice chat), but I'll play some R2 at the weekend. I really want to do Co-Op campaign with other people on Neowin, preferably 8 of us if we can. Co-Op will be crap if you don't have a headset though.

Ordering with movietyme was a mistake, I'm doing all imports through videogameplus in the future, they got R2 to me in a week. I ordered Socom on the 8th of November.

Yeah, you do that. I don't wanna be hearing no "I hate this game!!", "I hate this map!!" nonsense again :p

Umm, is there a problem with the experience cause apparently I didn't get any for that last match :s?

I think EXP only works through ranked matchmaking MP/SP and Co-Op campaign.

If you "find a game" and select it yourself I don't think you get EXP as those games can have custom rules. Think you need to select play instead.

However I'm not quite sure, I haven't been paying much attention to my EXP.

Messing around with the controls now, I really hate the default ones (same goes for RFOM's).

So far I have..

L2: Zoom

R2: Primary fire

L1: Reload

R1: Alt fire

L3: Sprint/crouch

R3: Melee

Triangle: Weapon select

Circle: Grenade

X: Jump

And I'm definitely in for some co-op too (Y)

@AB, yeah I looked through the stats menu and realised I must have played a custom/player match. My kill death ratio is already 1.5 :D

Doesn't sound good about you preorder! Especially with all the build up to Thanks Giving / Holiday mail they would have had. Have you not got a tracking number? Or contacted them?

Messing around with the controls now, I really hate the default ones (same goes for RFOM's).

So far I have..

L2: Zoom

R2: Primary fire

L1: Reload

R1: Alt fire

L3: Sprint/crouch

R3: Melee

Triangle: Weapon select

Circle: Grenade

X: Jump

And I'm definitely in for some co-op too (Y)

@AB, yeah I looked through the stats menu and realised I must have played a custom/player match. My kill death ratio is already 1.5 :D

Doesn't sound good about you preorder! Especially with all the build up to Thanks Giving / Holiday mail they would have had. Have you not got a tracking number? Or contacted them?

Gonna try that control setup.

Ahh nah the orders fine, it shipped on like the 10th I think. Postage does say 7-21 days.

Videogameplus also said 7-21 days, but as I said my R2 got here in 7 days.

I knew I was gonna have to wait at least 7, but waiting near 21 is harsh after getting R2 imported so quickly.

If it's not here by Monday/Tuesday next week I'll phone them as that will be 21 days up.

been playing co-op non-stop the past week since beating the campaign. i blew off playing cod:waw with my friends last night to play this...i think i'm addicted.

Awesome!

Well I know me, you, DM and DL now own R2 and can play Co-Op.

I'm sure others on NW have it as well.

Won't be long before Corris probably has it due to trophies :rofl:

Due to all of us being in wacky time zones, weekend 8 player Co-Op will probably be best (Y)

Are there any plans for a demo in a foreseeable future?

I would think so, RFOM had a demo iirc.

It plays pretty much the same online, its just a lot of improvements to the match making and menus etc. They've changed the ranking system also. Not sure if they added any new game modes or not. All I'm really interested in is TDM personally.

^@ Nightz/AB, Phee got the game today too. I'm sure he'll play MP or co-op with us. Corris said he had to wait until Xmas for his copy iirc.

Won't be long before Corris probably has it due to trophies :rofl:

Dam right I would. :p

But I have really run out of money, unless some suddenly appears you will have to wait till Xmas to be lucky enough to have my presence. :p

Dam right I would. :p

But I have really run out of money, unless some suddenly appears you will have to wait till Xmas to be lucky enough to have my presence. :p

Animal Crossing taught me that if you bury money in the ground with a golden shovel, there's a chance a money tree will grow :o

Try that!