WipEout HD Now available for download

like it is for you Oz, the UK store is being a bitch for me. i would download it on the US store, but does that affect online multiplayer?? i know some games that are on disc are restricted to the region they are distributed in...

It's finished downloading and i've just had a quick bash at it.. the first time you fire up the online mode it asks you to select which region your in, so you can choose EU :)

i have always been a fan of the wipeout series since they first came out, but unfortunately i have only played the first on PS, then got it for the PSP, just got it for the PS3 and enjoy it even more.

find it harder due to soly using the motion of the controller and not using the joysticks or directional pads. but more fun because of it.

find it harder due to soly using the motion of the controller and not using the joysticks or directional pads. but more fun because of it.

This game has sixaxis controls? Didn't know that, but i don't think i could play it that way.

Cool :) there definitely no chance it will be released on Blu-Ray too would it?? I'd like to get Wipeout HD but I don't have a credit card and you can't get prepaid PSN cards in Australia. I suspect I might be out of luck here?

I could swear I read somewhere a couple of months ago or so that it would also be released at retail in a Blu-Ray package. I might be thinking about Socom or another game though, not sure since I don't keep up with Playstaion news much anymore.

I could swear I read somewhere a couple of months ago or so that it would also be released at retail in a Blu-Ray package. I might be thinking about Socom or another game though, not sure since I don't keep up with Playstaion news much anymore.

You might of, I just found out Wipeout HD has a Provisional release date of 30/9/2008 in Australia (on Blu-Ray)...I might be in luck! (fingers crossed!)

i actually prefer to use the motion sensors, gives a better feel.

although i do end up slamming into the walls a lot more, lol ( i use motion for both Pitch/direction )

You don't have to use the motion sensor's if you prefer using the sticks/dpad

w00t! Just played my first online tourny, and won it.

Game is amazingly good fun, and the online side of it is very smooth. No lost connections, no waiting for ages trying to find a game.

Love it.

Im having a blast with it, i would have paid a lot more for this one!!!

Anyone knows where can i check the Online rankings???, and i mean a website i can go to..., according to the game is should be at the top of several of the tracks, im pretty sure that thing is wrong tho....

Well, from the videos I've seen and all the word of mouth on it, if I had a PS3, I'd totally be buying this game that's for sure. I loved the original Wipeout (hell, who didn't!) and while I haven't had a Sony system since the original PS1, it wasn't because I didn't like Sony or anything. (I'm a PC gamer, sorry heh) And I'd totally be up for getting a PS3, if I had the money. For now my 360 will have to do while I drool over Wipeout HD and a few other Sony titles.

Wow.. i was'nt expecting it to be this good.. This game is brilliant! And at ?11.99 it's a bloody steal, PSN game of the year!:rofl::

out of interest.. whats the highest zone speed/number you guys have managed to get up to? 35 is my highest so far. Zone mode is insane, and my eyes want to have sex with it:laugh::

Wow.. i was'nt expecting it to be this good.. This game is brilliant! And at ?11.99 it's a bloody steal, PSN game of the year!:rofl::

out of interest.. whats the highest zone speed/number you guys have managed to get up to? 35 is my highest so far. Zone mode is insane, and my eyes want to have sex with it:laugh::

Wow 35 is pretty good, congrats, after months of playing the PSP version i managed to get to 42 on Wipeout HD, i was on Zen, i think i broke the sound barrier...

Now thats nothing, have you seen the trophies??, For one of them you have to get to Zone 72 or 75 i think, thats downright insane, maybe i will make it some day!!!

Wow 35 is pretty good, congrats, after months of playing the PSP version i managed to get to 42 on Wipeout HD, i was on Zen, i think i broke the sound barrier...

Now thats nothing, have you seen the trophies??, For one of them you have to get to Zone 72 or 75 i think, thats downright insane, maybe i will make it some day!!!

:huh: I played all the Wipeout games but the most recent best stats I can remember is from the PSP games, I got upto zone 38. Getting to zone 75 is near impossible!!! Still, I havn't actually played the game on the PS3 yet, downloaded and installed ready. Will give it a spin tomorrow. Hopefully should still be good with it.

Best thing I love about Wipeout is how your tactics have to change with the speed group you're playing at. For example, at the slow speeds, you really don't need to use the air-brake's or sideshifts at all, but in the fastest groups you have to mainly ONLY use air-brakes and sideshifts. Thats why you have to really learn the tracks slowly first so they become like second-nature by the time you reach lightning speeds!

Man... now I can't wait to play! LOL

:huh: I played all the Wipeout games but the most recent best stats I can remember is from the PSP games, I got upto zone 38. Getting to zone 75 is near impossible!!! Still, I havn't actually played the game on the PS3 yet, downloaded and installed ready. Will give it a spin tomorrow. Hopefully should still be good with it.

Best thing I love about Wipeout is how your tactics have to change with the speed group you're playing at. For example, at the slow speeds, you really don't need to use the air-brake's or sideshifts at all, but in the fastest groups you have to mainly ONLY use air-brakes and sideshifts. Thats why you have to really learn the tracks slowly first so they become like second-nature by the time you reach lightning speeds!

Man... now I can't wait to play! LOL

Well make sure you hop online and we can play PSN: cygnuz

Been playing it, I'm usually really crap, but maybe my slightly more experience from the old PS2 game I played a few months back has helped.

At first I did with the pilot assist on, which was helpful, enjoying it far more than I thought I would.

I did try it out today without the Pilot Assist, and once you figure out the basics of racing and turning, it can be really helpful, I wasn't generally that good on-line too, but once I had turned it off, I won a tournament and quite a few on-line games.

I didn't think they were serious when I started playing with pilot assist than it can actually hamper your racing, but it does more than I thought once I got into it.

Loving it so far. :D

hehe, thanks.. I was permanently stuck to the wall by 35 tho :blink:

75!? wow.. how the hell are you meant to control it when it gets that fast? That must be what the long seizure warning at the front of the game is for :laugh:

I got to about 35 myself I think, after that I couldn't see how your suppose to stay away from the walls.

There is also a trophy for making it to like level 50 and only using the air brakes, using what little skill I have left I get to 30+ish, and they want 50 with only air brakes?

In the old days of wires when I got annoyed at a game and accidentally threw the controller it wouldn't fly that far, but thanks to wireless I can get it down the hall and down some stairs with a little aim, lol.

I'd of bought this if it wasn't for the technical issues with credit cards/wallet on PSN (I can't add money, nor can I add a new card).

I phoned Sony technical support today and some girl confirmed there were some issues faced by some people on PSN, and they should be fixed by tomorrow day-time.