Dark Knight Sequel

FUNNYMAN EDDIE MURPHY will play The Riddler in the next Batman movie, The Sun can reveal.

The Beverly Hills Cop star, 47, has been signed up by British director CHRISTOPHER NOLAN to reprise the role played by JIM CARREY in 1995’s Batman Forever.

The surprise move follows speculation linking Pirates of the Caribbean star JOHNNY DEPP to the part.

The film, set for a 2010 release, is being developed under the working title Gotham.

Execs have also signed up rising Transformers star SHIA LABEOUF, 22, to play Robin.

CHRISTIAN BALE will return as Bruce Wayne, while MICHAEL CAINE will again play Bruce’s assistant Alfred.

Meanwhile, Brit RACHEL WEISZ is said to be up for the Catwoman role.

Insiders also revealed to The Sun the flick will end on a cliffhanger over whether Batman survives a blast at Wayne Towers.

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER — tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker in Batman Returns.

A film insider said: “Chris wasn’t sure if he wanted to do another movie but as soon as he decided to, he got the wheels in motion.

“Eddie’s a fantastic addition. Everyone’s excited to see what he does as the Riddler.”

[Source]

Sounds utter BS but who knows.

[Source]

Sounds utter BS but who knows.

If its true, there goes the whole movie. But it can't be. Nolan has gone against any of the grain from the other 4 movies. Why would he bring in a similar plot line for the third movie like Batman Forever? I call BS.

Nolan had been tight-lipped about the future of the Batman films after being rocked by the January death of HEATH LEDGER ? tipped to receive a posthumous Oscar for his role as The Joker iBatman Returnsb>.

They can't even get the name of the latest movie right, so how do they expect to be taken seriously on this(N)N)

They can't even get the name of the latest movie right, so how do they expect to be taken seriously on this? (N)

I noticed that as well. Nolan hasn't said anything about the third movie other than he and Bale would do it.

Last time I check it isn't the first of April.

Scirwode

Is that a fact? Can you link to a source?

I doubt Hollywood will kill of The Joker just because Heath Ledger has died.

No one can play Joker better than Ledger, that was one of the best acting performances I've seen in years, and I don't even like the Batman series.

If Eddie Murphy is in the film, I won't watch it. I can't stand his style of comedy. :x

Oh, come on. A Batman movie full of poop, fart, degrading women and racial epithets? Who wouldn't want to see that?!

Ed's already played the Hulk. I don't see an actor crossing over to another Marvel movie esp after just playing a leading role in a 'blockbuster'.

I haven't read comics in years. But I looked on Wikipedia and IMO, Deathstroke or Black Mask seem befitting. DS would be great since he's an assassin - lead to great fight scenes, etc. Whereas BM's story has paralells to first 2 movies. I think Penguin and Riddler would be bad. They just aren't serious enough to be part of the Dark image of last movies.

I they bring back Catwoman, I will see the movie. : )

Oh, come on. A Batman movie full of poop, fart, degrading women and racial epithets? Who wouldn't want to see that?!

Ed's already played the Hulk.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000552/ - were talking about this guy :p

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001570/ - not this guy :p

Yeah, I wouldn't see anything with Murphy in it either. :\

The rumor is quite old, Its at least as old as the release of teh dark Knight and I recall reading that same rumor about something happeneing in February 2009 in chicago but I forgot where I read it and a lot of other news came up about Some Redford guy (Forgive me if I forgot his first name) Being the penguin and Depp being the riddler But I Think its all rumors ... I think there will be nothing solid before at least another year

THIS JUST IN!!!! I just heard a rumor that Christian Bale has baled on a third Batman. To replace him is Jerry Seinfeld. Michael Richards will play The Riddler and Jason Alexander will play the Penguin. Julia Louis-Dreyfus will replace Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes.

THIS JUST IN!!!! I just heard a rumor that Christian Bale has baled on a third Batman. To replace him is Jerry Seinfeld. Michael Richards will play The Riddler and Jason Alexander will play the Penguin. Julia Louis-Dreyfus will replace Maggie Gyllenhaal as Rachel Dawes.

omgz sauce?

:p