[Official] Gears of War 2

• 1 month later...

So I finally got my hands on this game, and I can say two things for certain: I love the campaign, I hate the multiplayer.

I don't get the multiplayer aspect of it. Obviously it's not that the game sucks, it's that I suck, and I can't seem to figure out the mechanics of how to actually be effective. CoD? MoH? CS:S? Especially TF2? I can hold my own, and granted, the gameplay varies greatly with some of those games. But this? Good lord, I'm just terrible and am lucky to get a kill, much less multiple kills. It seems like there are a number of inconsistencies in certain situations, but maybe that's just me. This was the same experience I had with the first GoW.

I place more blame on my lack of understanding the game than the game itself. Obviously there are many players that do get it, that can roll around like there's no tomorrow and one shot kill you with the shotty without, seemingly, finishing their rolls, but surely I'm not alone in that the multiplayer on this game sometimes doesn't make sense and has it's fair share of nonsense. I'm not talking about lag, since I've only had that issue twice, once really bad, another briefly.

It's a great game, and when it comes to playing against the AI, bring it on, even on Insane mode, but once I'm done with the campaign this game won't be staying in my collection, that is, unless I can figure out how to make the multiplayer kick.

I have and like it. Highest I've gotten so far has been to 28, but didn't complete it. Most of the times one person would drop off early and then it'd be four of us, then eventually three of us. Going from 1 to 50 is a pain. I'd love to just start from 21 and go from there, but only one person on my friends list has GoW2.

I have and like it. Highest I've gotten so far has been to 28, but didn't complete it. Most of the times one person would drop off early and then it'd be four of us, then eventually three of us. Going from 1 to 50 is a pain. I'd love to just start from 21 and go from there, but only one person on my friends list has GoW2.

add me lol. But yeah, 1 to 50 is a pain.. I still haven't done that in one try. I've mostly gone from a good team with 5 people from 1-39/40. Although I found it easier with blockades.. and that everyone will is willing to co-operate. That's a big thing. It's not fair for some people to run off and grab the one person who is down, while everyone is playing defense. Perhaps we could get a couple of people here and just Horde it.

Hey if you guys wanna horde with someone whos serious about hordeing / teamwork then add me on xbox live(ProudSikh).

Ive loved this game, but I hated the multiplayer. Its finally been fixed and I get connected to games faster, but there are inconsistencies that **** me off about this game. I can headshot someone with a shotgun but they can kill me instead by sticking me with a grenade.. dont ask how or why. it happened.

You don't need to do it all in one go and you can start from whatever level you have completed upto.

Not if your going the "Public xbox live" route which most of us do. Only if you do a private or single player game.

You don't need to do it all in one go and you can start from whatever level you have completed upto.

it's more fun that way.

I have beaten Horde mode and its fun as hell. Just as long as you got good people who dont take things to seriously. If you need help or want to play, hit me up some time. My Live account name is the same as my name here. :)

• 1 month later...
Nice, we should arranged a few NW games then, especially when the new map pack comes out.

I'm always up for Horde!

So did anybody test out the Gears 1 (style) multiplayer weekend two weeks ago? I never had time to get on but I'm interested in hearing some experiences.

I did for a little bit. Didn't like it too much. The smoke grenade just made you cover your head. I also felt like the shotgun was nerfed big time.

I didn't have much time so all my time went into finishing GTA IV: The Lost and Damned. Plus I didn't like the changes they were doing.

I hate the changes to smoke grenades.

You spend ages coming up with creative tactics using smoke grenades which would knock people down, working out the best spots to use them, and then they take it away. Frickin' useless.

I seriously hope they redo the whole MP for GoW3.

^ Yup, that was my feeling that would happen with this update, hence why I didn't play.

I don't mind the multiplayer modes or anything, but they need to change the matchmaking. I don't get problems anymore, but it's obvious enough people do that they need to go back to the server list or just something else.

I hate the changes to smoke grenades.

You spend ages coming up with creative tactics using smoke grenades which would knock people down, working out the best spots to use them, and then they take it away. Frickin' useless.

I seriously hope they redo the whole MP for GoW3.

I agree with you 100%. I wonder if they get enough complaints about it, would they change it back?

I don't like the new smoke grenades either, half the time they do absolutely nothing and the effect doesn't last long enough. I can live with it but I wish they would leave gameplay alone and focus on lag and glitches.

Yeah I still can't believe that the no-gun glitch is still around on some host connections - a connection which can be perfect if you actually spawn with a gun, but then for some reason in the following round you have no gun! Stupid and it appears to have been happening more frequently!