[Official] Gears of War 2

They've changed the waves on Horde. It's all tickers now, which makes things a lot easier, but you get bored. I just went up to level 35 on the first public Horde game I've played in a long time and I've never wanted a player to hurry up and die so much.

Ditto about the XP gains in Horde also. On this double XP weekend you get 150 points per wave, so from Monday it'll be 75 points and it'll take forever to get anywhere for no benefit whatsoever.

They royally screwed up this game. They need to focus on getting the next one right. It just isn't going to work.

The all-tickers wave is only for the Fourth of July weekend: it's a fireworks kind of thing.

The all-tickers wave is only for the Fourth of July weekend: it's a fireworks kind of thing.

I know that. The other waves are filled with tickers as well though.

Good new is: I hit a 3.0 K/D in Execution then lost it after a really bad game where nothing was working for me so now it's down to a 2.8. I've have leveled up about 4 times since Friday afternoon. Score.

So this game is still broken even after a 4th update? ... sigh. Yet again this game let's me down. I'll stick to Gears of War 1!

Ive played it a few times over the last few days. Still soooo much awful problems, strange lag and the usual crap.. But I think its improved.

Couple that with the amount of quitters against me and my friends on GOW1 this week and Id say GOW2 is looking on the up! Didnt think I hear myself say that!

As soon as I pick up dark corners and get the achievements off it that's me done with Gears of War until GOW3 comes out - hopefully they will reboot the whole multiplayer and do a beta this time because they really F'd it up last time.

I played all weekend they have really made some nice updates to the game now, multiplayer is by no means "broken" it just sucks when you get a laggy game, it really needs dedicated servers like L4D. Most of my games weren't too laggy though.

Since TU4 I haven't had much lag at all. I've had a few games to where I just gave up but it's all good. Pretty decent update, can't wait till the 28th.

I played all weekend they have really made some nice updates to the game now, multiplayer is by no means "broken" it just sucks when you get a laggy game, it really needs dedicated servers like L4D. Most of my games weren't too laggy though.

Please explain how spawning without a gun isn't broken?

Oh wait, you can't and it is broken.

Has the matchmaking at least improved since launch? I remember when the game first came out, I desperately wanted to like the multiplayer mode, but I've been completely spoiled by CoD4, where the matchmaking takes less than a minute. I remember sitting at a GoW2 matchmaking screen for about ten minutes before finally giving up.

I'm tempted to give the multiplayer in this game another chance. CoD:WaW is starting to get a little stale, and I could use something to fill the void (until L4D2 that is).

Has the matchmaking at least improved since launch? I remember when the game first came out, I desperately wanted to like the multiplayer mode, but I've been completely spoiled by CoD4, where the matchmaking takes less than a minute. I remember sitting at a GoW2 matchmaking screen for about ten minutes before finally giving up.

I'm tempted to give the multiplayer in this game another chance. CoD:WaW is starting to get a little stale, and I could use something to fill the void (until L4D2 that is).

Wasn't it stale the minute you started playing it? Like the feeling that it was exactly the same as COD4?

Please explain how spawning without a gun isn't broken?

Oh wait, you can't and it is broken.

Ok, but I can't even remember the last time that happened to me, dozens and dozens of games and each and every time I spawned with all my guns. :)

Just because there is a rare bug doesn't mean the game is broken.

It still isn't as fast as COD4 but it is way faster than it was at launch, usually 1-2 minutes for me to find a match.

Rare?! It happens to me almost every game, and when it doesn't happen to me there's always someone else in the match without theirs.

.Rob can back me up if he reads this. It's the most infuriating bug ever.

Rare bug are you off your ######? It's so common I would frequently win money if I bet on it. Its the most ridiculous glitch ever because when people do have guns the connection is perfect 90% of the time and absolutely spot on.

I've had it happen to me twice :blink: Both times were because of my horrible dorm connection. Sounds like it's a connection issue -- and given that you two are both from the UK, I'm almost certain it's just not having a good connection to the host.

No because it reguarly happens to people when I am host and I have an awesome connection, I have 20mb with a 1.8mb upload. My connection was perfect for people on gears 1 and it is fine on every other game its just stupid.

No because it reguarly happens to people when I am host and I have an awesome connection, I have 20mb with a 1.8mb upload. My connection was perfect for people on gears 1 and it is fine on every other game its just stupid.

Just because you have enough bandwidth does not mean it will be a good connection for someone on a different continent. Once again I played literally all weekend and it didn't happen to me once.

Rare bug are you off your ######? It's so common I would frequently win money if I bet on it. Its the most ridiculous glitch ever because when people do have guns the connection is perfect 90% of the time and absolutely spot on.

lol so what does that tell you about a good connection and avoiding the glitch?

It's true that having a god like connection won't make the glitch disappear, all XBL match making is based on true skill system for most games.

Doesn't mean the game isn't broken and it's nothing that can be avoided. It happens around the world on every type of connection.

Edit: forgot to mention it doesn't stop the host from having an advantage. It's frickin' terrible when people can shoot you with a shotgun over 10m away and take away all your health. Yeah right.

What's your guys points apart from just backing up what we've told you since the month it came out. IT'S BROKEN

It's as broken as any other FPS that lacks dedicated servers such as Halo 3 or CoD4, host is always going to have a big advantage in FPS games.

Whatever man. Just visit GoW2 forums and look at the complaints. You aint fooling anybody that its not broken.

I'm rarely host in any FPS game and I'm almost consistently first place or second.

Gears 2 = whole different story.

Whatever man. Just visit GoW2 forums and look at the complaints. You aint fooling anybody that its not broken.

I'm rarely host in any FPS game and I'm almost consistently first place or second.

Gears 2 = whole different story.

I'm not trying to fool anyone I've spent a large amount of time playing it and that's what I see. Yeah I agree it's "broken" due to lag, the multiplayer would be worlds better with dedicated servers, but other than that it is fine. Gears is a much more up close and personal shooter which does make the lag more apparent. I can consistently place first or second in GoW2, that doesn't really mean anything. Hosting mixed with shooting games is always just bad.

Lag is the least of my worries when it comes to GoW2, like I've said the gun glitch is the most infuriating of the lot. I haven't even started on glitchers getting out of the maps or the poor ass hit detection.

I've played the game enough myself to know that it's broken. Something people always used to be nitpick at because I wasn't playing it day in and out, instead I was avoiding it. Well guess what, I went back, gave it another shot, it's **** the same POS it was at launch.

And ftr, I don't have any of these problems in the other FPS I play.

God damn, I can't believe how rarely I've played Gears 2 online, maybe 4 or 5 online games. Although I've tried a lot of the time to get into games.

Such a shame, Gears 1 took up a lot of my time back in the day :(