[Official] Halo 3: ODST

:drool:

I'm glad it's physical and not digitally distributed. It's way nicer having the case and disc in your hands than a purchase that isn't tangible :wub:

:drool:

I'm glad it's physical and not digitally distributed. It's way nicer having the case and disc in your hands than a purchase that isn't tangible :wub:

I'm going to guess it's going to be both (for those who already own Halo 3), which is perfect (Y)

Weird, you can see his fingers and they look very disproportional. I wonder if that was meant to be or if the animation/art team overlooked something...

I suggest you replay the last mission and wait until after the credits.

:cry: He's alive!

Have they talked about how much this will be? I just don't see how I am going to be able to play much of this with the 360's lineup this fall. Overload!

Fortunately for you, Fall 2009 is not coming this year. :p

I'm going to guess it's going to be both (for those who already own Halo 3), which is perfect (Y)

And so this will be a major release with the current H3 MP attached to it? I doubt Bungie would make it inefficient for you to switch discs to join a MP match unless its an entirely new MP experience.

Hope they use a new graphical engine.

I doubt they would as what you see in H3 is a refinement of what they were crafting back in H2. Its not a bad engine when you consider the big changes in H2 and H3 and how it scaled for HD graphics quite easily.

would prefer digital download through XBL, im running out of room in my Game Binder

^ I'm pretty sure it's a standalone expansion pack. After all, it will be released as a game of its own (and not as downloadable content).

But dude he's wearing RECON ARMOUR!!!oneoneoneoen!!!hax1!1ksldlas

Looking forward to this :)

I don't know what the hell the soldier is wearing in the trailer, but it sure as hell isn't Recon.

And I have to say the score sounds incredible. Marty at his best.

According to this article, Bungie gave away Recon armour to two lucky individuals.

Bungie-Awards-Halo-3-Recon-Armors-if-Your-Game-is-Funny-2.jpg

Found this via HBO. Luke posted on NeoGAF.

The word "stealth" here isn't really a great word. This isn't a stealth action game like a Splinter Cell game. This is a Bungie-made Halo game where you will play as an ODST, which of course, is different (and no, I'm not talking about how it's different ;b) than playing as a Spartan super soldier. This isn't Halo Cell, Ghost Recon: Halo, Republic Commandalo or whatever.

Edit: Forgot Call of Halo and Gears of Halo.

Post Link

There's your problem -- you're getting all wrapped up in bogus rumors. Fail less! ;b

Brian and I have a bunch of interviews tomorrow with the good stewards of the worldwide media; so there should be some more information to be gleaned from those.

Post Link

Oooh, I'll be picking this up for sure. I'm not a huge Halo fan, but there are few FPSs that I actually like. Halo is one of them :yes:

I think it might be just some random conglomeration of letters so as to appease those trying to find out about their projects early. But who knows, knowing Bungie, I wouldn't be surprised if it actually does stand for something. ;)

It's not random. If you know a bit of Bungie lore, they put these 'random' strings of letters on nearly all their products - if you have any of the games, CDs, books, etc, take a look around on the front/back covers and you'll find these. Many have been deciphered, and many have not, but Bungie only says anything about them when they're confirming the correct deciphering of one.

So yes, it stands for something, though not necessarily something related to this game in particular.

/edit - here's a list of all of the acronyms found (minus this new one): http://bs.bungie.org/2006/04/the_bungie_acro_1.html

Looks like only six are confirmed. Also, there's language in that link (as part of the acronyms) that's NSFW.

-Spenser

Edited by stifler6478

I'm still not sure this isn't going to be both a stand-alone game and a downloadable expansion, for whoever said it was standalone. I mean, we've still got tons of achievements in the Halo 3 update (a record 1750) that aren't being used ;)