[Official] Halo 3: ODST

Do we know if there's a demo scheduled yet? Or will it be straight to release?

Bungie never released a demo (mp beta doesn't count) before so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Not to mention it isn't a full-cost game, so a demo isn't as "necessary." They're probably hoping the lower cost will help decide for those who are on the fence about it.

I know that's already decided it for me :p

I don't have Halo 3, so I might well buy this one for the online (as long as it's cheaper than the original)

I think you need Halo 3 in order to play the online multi player [not sure about this though]. Halo 3: ODST would probably ask you to install the maps onto your HDD which can then be accessed by Halo 3. But, you don't need Halo 3 to play Halo 3: ODST itself.

i think this series will live on for a long time. everyone loves halo and until they come out with a retarded halo game, it will continue to thrive.

i think this series will live on for a long time. everyone loves halo and until they come out with a retarded halo game, it will continue to thrive.

At this point they could release a Halo game that would suck the chrome off an 18 wheeler truck and it would still have an abnormal amount of people playing it, loving it and defending it - Halo is now a household brand :p

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Preordered my copy and can't wait for this to come out. Once I saw the recent information bungie posted about firefight I was sold firefight looks to add hours upon hours of fun after the campaign.

Preordered my copy and can't wait for this to come out. Once I saw the recent information bungie posted about firefight I was sold firefight looks to add hours upon hours of fun after the campaign.

Pre-ordered mine two days ago. Hopefully all those goodies carry me until late October.

Who here has already done all the vidmaster achievments that you can at the moment so they can get recon when they get odst? I just did the annual one last week and already have the rest done. Although recon will probably become like hayabusa once odst has been out for a while.

Who here has already done all the vidmaster achievments that you can at the moment so they can get recon when they get odst? I just did the annual one last week and already have the rest done. Although recon will probably become like hayabusa once odst has been out for a while.

You do recognise that there are Vidmasters to get in ODST as well as in Halo 3 don't you? It's not like you can unlock it as soon as you put the disc in your console.

You do recognise that there are Vidmasters to get in ODST as well as in Halo 3 don't you? It's not like you can unlock it as soon as you put the disc in your console.

Yes I know.

You Halo nutjobs and pirates should find this interesting

nice, didnt realise they'd been sent out to anyone yet. Now time to play the waiting game ;)

I hope it leaks early from "P2P" and like the Halo 3 leak the CRCs are off which = massive damage :rofl:

I hope it leaks early from "P2P" and like the Halo 3 leak the CRCs are off which = massive damage :rofl:

Hasn't the scene stepped up the amount of scanning on CRC's though? I thought they were getting extremely detailed on certain releases. I can't even remember when the last big ban wave was.

:p I have it on preorder, but i'm still getting it when I have the chance :p

Ditto, preorder from Shopto with Halo Reach Beta & Sgt Johnson code :woot:

I think every Halo game since Halo 2 has been leaked by the french now lol

@Mystic, yeah there is a lot of checks and "regulations" now for game rips. Last big ban wave was November last year with the release of NXE. The next one will be in November again.

Hasn't the scene stepped up the amount of scanning on CRC's though? I thought they were getting extremely detailed on certain releases. I can't even remember when the last big ban wave was.

By leaked by "P2P" I mean one of those 16 year olds in his study uploading an ISO through a torrent/usenet which is probably incorrectly ripped. I'm sure that happened with Halo 3, the first leak wasn't by the scene and people got banned from it :p