Welcome to Neowin 5

Will we ever see a matching forum skin?

"Finity" looks beyond gorgeous, that's for sure! But when you then jump to the forums you just get of a feeling of "Meh", like going between two completely different sites. Always liked how Neowin's forum and mainpage had a consistent look.

:yes:

It was annoying to have to come from the front page to the forum when it was last updated, a nice frontpage tos oemthing old looking, and now were goign through it again, hopefully not too long till the forum update.

The forums will be updated next... don't you worry. :D

Awesome, sooner the better. :p

Can we have +/- links on the latest community activity so that we can have more (or less) posts being showed?

Also, the refresh button doesn't work (any browser), nor does the IRC hover menu work in Opera

I think it would have been better to hold it off and release the front page and forum at the same time. Everytime I go back and forth between the front page and forum it's feels odd to be in the "old" forum

I do believe i like it! wish the news entries were slightly longer though. but very good. enjoying the evolution, maybe someone could post some screen shots of old neowin for comparison?

For those of you who want to know, YES, there will be a forum skin to follow this. No official ETA right now though.

I am finding it a bit hard to get used to but the more I slow down and look at it the more I appreciate it and know it will grow on me. Hopefully in the future we can change colors like with did with the previous skins? (I might have missed that part just yet)

As I've said in the front page:

Good work guys. (Y)

The front page looks a bit busy though. Will take a bit of time to get used to.

Also another addition: It looks like for the time being, there's no real difference between the main column of a section and "Around the Web." Around the Web seems to hold news headlines older than the main column. For instance, it was mentioned member-submitted news (not member written news) would go in Around the Web, but I see my latest submitted news article in the main column.

Haven't read all the posts, but this was a surprise :)

I don't think I'll be liking it though, it's so small and tiny and everything is cramped up. It's half the size of the previous version, why did you do this? It's almost unreadable and you have to click on Read on fr every article. Not to mention that the Google Ad in the middle of an article is ugly. Top menu is beautiful, but it's way too small for my likings. Been here since 2004 and I'm a little disappointed as regards to the size.

As I already wrote in the news section, good job anyways, I appreciate as it's something I don't have a clue about... I'm not a web designer so this was just my 2c.

;)