Welcome to Neowin 5

The more i see it, i have to say, i like the skinning, not the layout.

yup, pretty much everyone loves the new skin / theme

just need to tweak some the layout a little :)

The skin is alright but the information, which was the only reason I ever actually checked the front page, looks horrible and is laid out horribly. The content area is less than half the size it was on the previous theme, yet uses a larger font. More emphasis on content please.

Comments on main page, forum skin and width issues are the main concerns along with cramped news and not being able to see the news clearly. We understand the issues and they will all be addressed but for now just bare with us as we tweak it :)

The forum skin should come in days not months like last time ;)

Good to hear.

Comments on main page, forum skin and width issues are the main concerns along with cramped news and not being able to see the news clearly. We understand the issues and they will all be addressed but for now just bare with us as we tweak it :)

Days! :woot:

I don't like the fact that adverts are more prominent in this new version - especially those horrible square ones in the middle of storys.

Is it not possible to blend them more into the skin like this (unrelated) website: http://www.vyb3.co.uk - this is a legal website though, but I am just using this as an example as to how adverts should be & how they wouldn't be an eyesore.

Other than that, I really love the idea of the new skin & the design of it - very nice. I cannot wait for the forum version.

Why the Hell does it keep on showing me old News on Firefox & new News in Google Chrome ?

84193816cn8.jpg

w1280.png

32339678tg2.jpg

w1280.png

Better fix those bugs quickly Spiderman !!

Awesome! Man, all this great stuff is happening today! :D

For those griping about the fixed width. We may add the ability to resize it just a tad (max width, maybe an addition 100or200 pixels). But it will not be 100% like shift was. This is a design choice.

Thats a shame :no:

For those that want 100% width and have stylish installed...I created a small script to fix that. :)

http://userstyles.org/styles/11298

Sweet!

Its not nice seeing a blue box where an ad should be ;)

it's not nice seeing ad ad where nw should be :p

I have em whit listed but that one ad in the middle is just awful.

I do really like the new skin though looks sexy. the new color cheme is great, can't wait for the forum skin.

Well , i gotta add that inspite of whatever shortcomings we have there , this is still a very well designed & aesthetically pleasing effort by neowin.

Really love the new Color scheme