Welcome to Neowin 5

figured now was as good a time as any to subscribe :)

edit: Err after reading one thread in the NSFW section maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Hah

Edited by Smigit

No Intellitxt ads on the front page is a definite improvement. I'd rather read around 2 big central mounted ads than have those nasty intellitext popups. That **** grinds slower computers to a halt.

Now if we could only get them off the article pages...

;)

Bah! Now the "Get Impulse" ad is even more obtrusive! Put something else there, for the love of god. Only then will I respect the new design.

Also, Is there any way to go back to the old theme, I might be a minority, but I liked the old one better. This one is too....blue. :/

EDIT: ARG! The ad on the front page! It takes up half the news stories!!! Ill pay 40$ to get rid of that one damn ad for a year!

Bah! Now the "Get Impulse" ad is even more obtrusive! Put something else there, for the love of god.

That button rotates randomly with the five others on the page.

If Don LaFontaine said "Welcome to Neowin 5" as you entered the site, then I would have been a bit more impressed.

Considering that he died, that would be a neat trick...

That button rotates randomly with the five others on the page.

*loud sigh* Phew, good, but now there's one unexplainable ad blocking my homepage's news. Are you people offering a "No ads" Package yet?!?!

Are you people offering a "No ads" Package yet?!?!

It was supposed the subscriber package. I guess not, after all. I won't be renewing if ads aren't removed for subscribers :crazy:

Is it just me, or is the Neowin site/forums slower today? Its my internet, damn!

Is there a reason why the front page 'recent forum posts' don't auto cycle/refresh anymore? I really liked that :(

It was supposed the subscriber package. I guess not, after all. I won't be renewing if ads aren't removed for subscribers :crazy:

It was never supposed to be the regular subscriber package. The idea was put out for a higher-costing subscriber package that removed ads, and as far as I know that idea is still on the table, it just hasn't been worked out yet.

What I don't understand is why people complain about ads in the first place. If they weren't there, we wouldn't be here either. They're not hurting you by being there. All you have to do is ignore them, which is extremely easy if you ask me. It's not like we have sound-enabled ads or anything.

What I don't understand is why people complain about ads in the first place. If they weren't there, we wouldn't be here either. They're not hurting you by being there. All you have to do is ignore them, which is extremely easy if you ask me. It's not like we have sound-enabled ads or anything.

It's not like I'm a subscriber or anything, but if I was already giving money to Neowin, I'd personally be upset over ads being present.

Just my 2 cents, but the front page ad is ALOT more intrusive than the previous placement of banner ads. People used to say they hardly even noticed the old banners, where this one is actually taking attention away from the content, especially when the ads animated.

I don't mind using ads, but that one theres actually making me half tempted to block the ads simply due to the fact it's so annoying. By all means use ads, but be smart about their placement. The 2 articles wedged besides it are struggling to get past 5 words per a line too.

Its not nice seeing a blue box where an ad should be ;)

Not everyone has control over their web access. i can't even get onto half of google at school and not everyone likes big square flash ads in their articles.

justify the text and it'll look nice.

Justified text + all the logos being a certain fixed sized would be nice.

Also the fact that you can't even view any of the news article on the main page sucks, that was the point of why me and some others used to use the front page.