Why Neowin 5 is important for us

I don't like the default width either. The width makes it look the site uninviting on a wide screen monitor. The toggle is a great option.

Anyways great job. You took care of accessibility along with compliance with the latest HTML recommendations.

No mean feat!

Yeah, you edited after I posted. But the result only changes the text size in the body, not the width of the margin.

Yeah, but your screenshot doesn't seem to have the 'expand' button pressed. The little arrows usually change direction when pressed.

Yeah, but your screenshot doesn't seem to have the 'expand' button pressed. The little arrows usually change direction when pressed.

They are >< in the first shot and <> in the second one.

Here's with CTRL +0

shiftv5shift0sg0.png

They're "<>" in the first two, but the last one has them "><".. Well, that's strange, I guess they added a max limit, maybe the page gets screwed up if it goes bigger.. Hopefully we'll get over it, or they'll fix it.

One day, just one day you guys are going to come up with a design that I can actually complain about or even slightly dislike! :p

Great track record so far. And great work as usual.

Neowin is important to us also.

Are you kidding?

Picture%207.png

Ya but the articles don't expand, it just stretches out the background on my screen. Doesn't show more text or anything.

They're "<>" in the first two, but the last one has them "><".. Well, that's strange, I guess they added a max limit, maybe the page gets screwed up if it goes bigger.. Hopefully we'll get over it, or they'll fix it.

No idea, strange bit of backwards rendering going on. Firefox 3.0.3 on Ubuntu 8.04 shown.

I'm definitely seeing more news being posted daily, and that's great. I always felt that neowin lagged behind in this regard. Whereas a site such a engadget seems to have new content almost every time you refresh the page.

Edit: Also looking forward to other colour options, and the changes you have planned for the forums.

I love the new design, it was a welcomed shock (one of those, did I click the right bookmark moments). I am anxious to see the new design transfer its beauty to the forums. My only grip, and I suspect I will be a minority here, is the ad within the news "block"... I've always fully allowed Neowin in adblock, because I support this site.. and I frequently click for the same reasons... but for me, it just seems, obtrusive... Just a small gripe, nothing to worry about... I'll still love this place since I've first came here and all... but seriously, who designed this awesomeness, this is a wonderful design.

NO, the homepage is a poor reflection of the old one. The old one was THE BEST one-stop-shop for the days tech news. Easily readable, well laid out. The new one is crowded and the stories truncate mid sentence. What is the point of copying all the other (poorer) news sites?

Anybody agree with this?

I'm glad you're happy with your efforts guys! Congrats, really!

Theres a lot of work that's gone into it and you should be proud :)

There's still a few things to go, some glaring and some not, imo. Nothing's perfect, but if you're happy with it, thats mostly what counts, right? ;)

i think what i dont like about the new page and really puts me off is that ad slap bang in the middle of news, why cant it go further down the bottom to the right of news archives in the same box ? sorry but in the middle of news, I understand why its there to get maximum views but it makes the page look amateurish.

Ads bring revenue to Neowin and help defray the cost of running this site. I don't believe that the ads will go away any time soon. The ads are placed where they are to catch the eye of someone browsing this site. The more conspicuous the better. I believe it is just something that we have to live with.