• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Why Neowin 5 is important for us

PricklyPoo    9
Our designer occasionally needs a break.

Excuse me, but we don't pay the designer to take breaks!? :shifty:

Andrew Lyle    336
That -> Oct 17 2008, 17:58

... is when I asked the question. Should I wait longer than 3+ days in the future? Is one bump a day not relaxed? There were 6 replies to other people by admins, site owners, developers in that time. I had asked in the news thread and got no response. That would have been difficult to see though, so I posted here.

On the view I used.... It was an option on the front page, fairly prominent. I would have thought a load of people used it as it had all the news listed and colour coded by category. It was one of the best ways to pick up stories and software update news which on more cluttered sites would be extremely difficult to keep track of. I've been playing with RSS feeds and trying to approximate that site functionality but it's just not possible... for me at least.

<<snip>>

I was just going by the last 2 posts, you quoted yourself, and then bumped it again.

I was just trying to be nice and answer your question. On top of that note, I try to answer all the questions I see, but of course a lot of stuff is overlooked, which could of been your case with the admins and coders trying to reply to other questions.

Like I said, I don't know exactly what happened, and can only answer to the best of my knowledge, and years of experience on Neowin. I don't know about the title feature, but I do remember it, and know what your requesting. Yes it can be useful, but the best person to ask would be to ask our Development Staff, the persons I think would know the most about this is Rob, Timan, or DaveLegg.

Sometimes a direct PM will get the answer you are looking for, and sometimes not. Try to get someone who is online. I usually see those 3 online all the time, so that is why I suggested them.

Just remember it could of been a design decision not to include this into the current design, or it could of been overlooked. I personally would like to know myself, but it is a feature I don't use, and not exactly interested in.

xxpor    0

yarr... I remember the original neowin.

BGM    101
The forum skin is on the way guys, don't push it :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_of_nine_tails :D

Browsing full screen on 1600x is really silly. :p

Have you clicked the <> button next to the mail button?

i browse at 1680x1050 full screen....

looks find here!

tomwarren    68
Silence..... tumbleweedhs3.gif

At least give me a "no" answer if that's the case.

"No, here at Neowin we have no current plans to provide useful functionality like before"

That way I'll know to **** off elsewhere.

Relax...not everyone is monitoring this thread every day.

I can't speak directly for the development team but as far as I know there isn't any plans to port that functionality. It may have been something we overlooked and is required in which case it'll be ported back if possible. I will ask and get someone to respond.

Thanks

Rob    20

joeydoo there is a thread in our staff forums discussing your suggestion. If we have more to add then we'll post here.

joeydoo    0

Ok thanks.

Crazysah    7

Most of us are patiently waiting.

Damo R.    29,658

It's always best to get something out properly then rush it and be it full of bugs!

Raa    1,566
Most of us are patiently waiting.

And others, are not. :p

I still can't get used to the front page lol. Ahh well, im sure the forum layout will be better, I like the color though, so that's a plus.

Do ads come back with the new layout for the forums? (Subscriber or not?)

Browno    3

Patiently waiting for the new forum skin, will there be different colour selections, like there was for Shift and Swift Refresh?

+Frank B.    7,151
Patiently waiting for the new forum skin, will there be different colour selections, like there was for Shift and Swift Refresh?

The same colour selection you have on the front page presumably: Blue, blue or.. well... blue.

DanManIt    1

I'm definitely looking forward to a new forums skin. I always like testing new things :)

Tech Star    254
I'm definitely looking forward to a new forums skin. I always like testing new things :)

The forum skin is already here and been here for a long time. :p

Just go to the bottom of the forum and click the skin drop down box changer and choose "Finity."

Mercellus    0

I've been using the new forum skin for a little while now and it's grown on me, I really like it. :)