Would You Like To See Windows Se7en Have a Boot Scree  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Select Your Choice

• Yes Make it Welcoming
    • Yes, Anything But The Black Screen
    • Yes, It Would be Nice To See While I Wait For It To Load
    • No, It's Pointless As It Loads Quick
    • Who Cares

Since the launch of Windows Vista Microsoft omitted the boot screen, feeling that computer manufacturers and OEM's would use their own boot screen instead.

Now i have never seen an OEM or Computer Manufacturer implement their own boot screen, instead of having one created by Microsoft, we have a black screen with a progress bar adorn our screen's while we wait for Windows Vista to load.

I for one hate this and i would like to hear from anyone who feels the same.

When u select a comment from the poll, feel free to give us a reason why you would like to see the boot screen return or why it should stay the way it is.

post-149938-1224443560.jpg

Edited by Windows Tester

personally i don't care since i leave my computer on most of the time ;when i don't need it on i just put it on sleep mode , no issue

plain and simple .

I personally like black boot screens. Seriously, what else would even look good? Anything else would come off as gaudy (using a single color, at any rate). It ought to either be black, or use a background like Windows 98 did with the clouds.

To the OP: I like that concept a lot. :D

I like the black background for the Vista boot screen. You're turning your computer on, after all. When it's off, the screen is 'black', right? It equates Vista's loading with turning your computer on. Your screen lights up as it becomes usable, rather than to look pretty or pat itself on the back (huge logos and splash screens). Who wants such a masturbatory bootup?

More importantly, Windows 'se7en'? Seriously? How the hell did that catch on so much, anyway? I can't think of the last time I heard a nickname so retarded. Ugh. How can a community make fun of the name Vista so much, then spew up cheesy niche fanboy crap like se7en?

I don't care either way. But from an advertising perspective, it should be added, so that others recognize you're not running XP, but a new operating system, leading them to question if they should upgrade as well.

i doubt that is going to happen. microsoft made clear that in vista they were trying to separate boot up from the vista experience. that's why there's no logo until after boot when the orb appears. don't expect anything prior to this having branding of any major kind.

Well, these are the boot screens of the other OSs that finish making up 98% of market share:

post-2250-1224446822_thumb.png

post-2250-1224446842.jpg

They all look pretty much the same.

I rather not have a boot screen at all...

Me too. Although I like the current Vista boot screen anyway.

Wish they would implement Tetris or Pong while its booting.

Haha, I hope Windows 7 boots very quickly, so that isn't necessary :laugh:

I shutdown my computer every 100 hours after having hibernated everynight because I frequently update my software. So I see the boot screen every few days. While I like the new Vista orb, I would prefer they do something "different" with the boot screen. Make a functional progress bar or add some branding SOME how..

7 M1 had a new bootscreen... build 6519 or what was it's number. Don't think MS had removed it. We'll see what is the actuall progress in the boot time and the other things.

By the way, I found an article some days ago, maybe it was on the E7 blog. An MS employe said, they were creating the new features beside the OS and tested the actual stabilized internal releases on the current milestones. This could mean, we haven't seen anything form Windows seven yet, they could have a hole new look with many new features, but these aren't present in the milestones they gave out to partner testers. So the pictures we saw are only the core. Partners don't need to have to test new UI for instance.

That is my own opinion.

Let's just wait for PDC and Winhec !

I think it should be the Microsoft Logo personally, seeming as before login even appears in Windows Vista / 7 you get a little 'windows' logo animation thing.

It should also have an actual status bar.

It's a very Apple-esque style, but not much you can do without it being garish or black.

post-93295-1224448893.jpg

Edited by andrew_f

I don't think it needs anything. Why do you want an ugly pixelated and probably stretched (on widescreen displays) logo? I'm perfectly fine with the bootscreen as it is in Vista.