Would You Like To See Windows Se7en Have a Boot Scree  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Select Your Choice

• Yes Make it Welcoming
    • Yes, Anything But The Black Screen
    • Yes, It Would be Nice To See While I Wait For It To Load
    • No, It's Pointless As It Loads Quick
    • Who Cares

I think it would be nice to have a Glass like Windows 7 logo along with the Windows Orb

The current 6801 bootscreen looks beautiful :)

Looks like it has true color to me..or MS has just tricked me

It is high color, and on many panels (especially laptops) it runs at the native resolution of the display.

How about a screen which gives user information while loading windows about when he logged in to windows last and what programs did he used and for how much time he was logged in instead of boot screen. And in this case it will not be a waste of time not even two seconds.

Edited by Mazhar

Found this Image of the Windows 7 boot screen, not what i had in mind as a new boot screen but i do like the Glass like progress bar. It seems bland a life like, an image respective of the OS would be nice, somethings that draws you in.

Before this you see that you see this one:

win7b.PNG

How about a screen which gives user information while loading windows about when he logged in to windows last and what programs did he used and for how much time he was logged in instead of boot screen. And in this case it will not be a waste of time not even two seconds.

Would that actually be useful? For which user do you show the information? The privacy concerns alone would make this impossible.

I think what you guys are saying is that you want it to resemble Linux booting up, by detailing what is happening during the boot process. I doubt Microsoft will implement that into the OS as i think they don't want to user to know what is happening in the back ground.

It's interesting to fnd out what people want in Windows 7, it seems everyone feels so strongly about it, who kew that a such a small thing could generate such responses.

when you boot into safe mode it shows what's starting. Though safe mode by itself doesn't start everything anyways.

If people want that info I'm sure there is a way to find it after windows boots up using different tools.

Go to Run> msconfig.exe

Navigate to Boot tab and check OS Boot information and No GUI boot. ( anyone of them might be enough too, Brandon can better tell that.)

You'll get the safe mode like boot which'll show you behind the scenes of the boot process.

No idea how that'll satisfy you guys, but honestly, most of the stuff people have said in this thread so far has been just full of useless requests for the boot screen, IMO.

The boot screen in Windows 7 is awesome. Short and sweet. And the boot is smoking fast. Like icing on the cake.

Personally I like the version that it has as of the PDC 6801 build. Its simple, clean, and fast. The reflection on the bar looks well with it too. But If they did something, I believe they should add a fade from that to the welcome screen, so its not where you are blinded by the light of your own screen when it turns on. (not that stuff like that actually happens. just saying./)

I quite honestly like the boot screen that is in Windows 7 build 6801 (pre-beta), it's informative enough for its purpose, it looks visually pleasing, and it is minimalist all at the same time.

One reason I can see why Microsoft wouldn't want to place the Windows 7 logo on the boot screen is because some hardware may not be capable of displaying the boot screen at a native (or correct) resolution, so it may become distorted (stretched, or highly pixelated for example; have you ever seen Windows XP's boot screen on a 30" widescreen display?)

I quite honestly like the boot screen that is in Windows 7 build 6801 (pre-beta), it's informative enough for its purpose, it looks visually pleasing, and it is minimalist all at the same time.

One reason I can see why Microsoft wouldn't want to place the Windows 7 logo on the boot screen is because some hardware may not be capable of displaying the boot screen at a native (or correct) resolution, so it may become distorted (stretched, or highly pixelated for example; have you ever seen Windows XP's boot screen on a 30" widescreen display?)

The same thing happens with Vista, too. Windows 7 is the first Windows OS to have a native resolution boot screen. It looks far, far better on my notebook than did the one in Vista.

I don't care what it looks like, just something there to tell me my PC is working properly. It must be nerve wracking building a custom PC then not seeing anything pop up after posting.

• 2 weeks later...

WinFuture.de is reporting that Windows 7 will get a new boot screen after all.

The information available to us that it is a colorful, animated startup screen. Dieser zeigt angeblich einige farbige Kugeln oder Elemente, die sich zum Windows-Logo vereinigen. This allegedly shows some colored balls or elements which can unite Windows logo. Ob dieser neue Bootscreen auch in der finalen Ausgabe von Windows 7 vorhanden sein wird, ist nicht sicher. Whether this new boot screen in the final edition of Windows 7 existing, is not sure.

Windows 7: Current builds with new Boot Screen

No Screenshots as of yet.

I think part of the thinking with the new boot screen is that anyone running Windows 7 will have a graphics card capable of getting initialized for the bootup process.

The same thing happens with Vista, too. Windows 7 is the first Windows OS to have a native resolution boot screen. It looks far, far better on my notebook than did the one in Vista.

Nope Vista should render it properly. Its basic yes, but it shouldn't stretch