Would You Like To See Windows Se7en Have a Boot Scree  

470 members have voted

1. 1. Select Your Choice

• Yes Make it Welcoming
    • Yes, Anything But The Black Screen
    • Yes, It Would be Nice To See While I Wait For It To Load
    • No, It's Pointless As It Loads Quick
    • Who Cares

I think Microsoft may have the EFI feature in incubation thus are waiting until the technology has matured before implementing it into the Windows OS, saying that i don't know of any other OS which has that feature.

EFI is supported by Vista x64 SP1

Nice, imo it would look better with a nicely sized windows logo right above the progress bar.

The windows Orb pops up right after that just like it does in Vista, but with Win7 from the vids out there, it's pretty fast so you don't see it long.

The only change I would make is to just have the progress bar in the middle center of the screen.

Just as I suggested! Looks like the Windows Team reads this forum or Brandon is compiling winmain while we make suggestions. :)

Just as I suggested! Looks like the Windows Team reads this forum or Brandon is compiling winmain while we make suggestions. :)

So maybe the Windows Team will take note of Virtual Desktop requests? ;) Mr Sinofsky, are you there Mr Sinofsky?

What makes you think that the Windows Team are looking at the forum, i doubt they'd be interested.

What makes you think that the Windows Team are looking at the forum, i doubt they'd be interested.

Why would you think they wouldn't?

Brandon works for Microsoft.

So I'm sure there are other Microsoft employees who gather bits of feedback from here.

I don't think it's a good idea for Microsoft to let vendors mess with the boot screen. Vendors might do something that will unintentionally hurt the company name or brand, although maybe I'm just being a paranoid freak here.

I always wondered why the progress bar during boot does not actually tell you how close you are to finish booting up. We should a real progress bar.

So maybe the Windows Team will take note of Virtual Desktop requests? ;) Mr Sinofsky, are you there Mr Sinofsky?

I think this is not detrimental to the Windows 7 experience. Virtual Desktops are more for individuals with limited screen space. In a world of big screens and multiple monitor setups, its quite cheap to have that virtual desktop. Hopefully a third party utility or reintroduction of Windows Power Toys will further improve the experience.

A name and a word 'Brandon Live', and here is another NeoWin is a registered Windows 'Community' website.

I don't think it's a good idea for Microsoft to let vendors mess with the boot screen. Vendors might do something that will unintentionally hurt the company name or brand, although maybe I'm just being a paranoid freak here.

I always wondered why the progress bar during boot does not actually tell you how close you are to finish booting up. We should a real progress bar.

Well, I remember my IBM aptiva had its logo on the Windows 98 splash screen didn't affect the branding much, so did my Dell.

I think this is not detrimental to the Windows 7 experience. Virtual Desktops are more for individuals with limited screen space. In a world of big screens and multiple monitor setups, its quite cheap to have that virtual desktop. Hopefully a third party utility or reintroduction of Windows Power Toys will further improve the experience.

I think it is detrimental and as a 24" Panel user, when I boot to Ubuntu I use Virual Desktops all the time.

It's too early to be sure that Virtual Desktops will not appear in Windows 7. We're only seeing a pre-Beta preview, hardly final code.

why not have a clear "7" that as id boots if back fills with the windows" four pane color logo shown through the 7 like a giant windows logo in the back but only see inside the 7 its self if somepne can understant that. if not i will post a pic if my idea....

OR

have a black screen with a small brite dot on the milddle. as the dot gets closer it is actually a desktop.. and as its loading it gets closer and when its booted up the desktop has just arrived(or welcome screen kinda a starwars intro only reverse

I think Virtual Desktops is the way to go whether you have limited screen space or not, if this is a feature that people want then why not give them it, either that it'll be implemented in another OS if it hasn't already been done.

There are so many ways Microsoft can better the boot experience, it's just a case of waiting to see what they do.

I don't thinkplain black is a good idea, simply because people will think the screen is off, they need to see something on the screen

well even if you had an EFI bios the drivers required for graphical acceleration won't have been loaded so the boot screen is never going to look good unless they purposely load the graphics subsystem so that the boot screen can be rendered nicely. which i doubt is going to happen.

Found this Image of the Windows 7 boot screen, not what i had in mind as a new boot screen but i do like the Glass like progress bar. It seems bland a life like, an image respective of the OS would be nice, somethings that draws you in.

post-149938-1225328121.jpg

Can someone tell me if installing this Service Pack 2 build shows build v.105 in System info in Windows Vista

well even if you had an EFI bios the drivers required for graphical acceleration won't have been loaded so the boot screen is never going to look good unless they purposely load the graphics subsystem so that the boot screen can be rendered nicely. which i doubt is going to happen.

You don't need graphical aceleration just a driver that supports more colours than current which EFI graphics driver would do.

You don't need graphical aceleration just a driver that supports more colours than current which EFI graphics driver would do.

Until Microsoft implement EFI into Windows 7 32-Bit it's unlikely that a display driver that supports more colours during the boot process.

I want something that display the percentage and time remaining in the bootscreen, but only if you enable it, the default should just be a progress bar, that actually moves according to the boot time.